Nexus 7 vs Asus Fonepad 7

animes_d

Broken In
I liked the review of Nexus 7 but I can't afford the new 3G 2013 version, so I'm considering Asus Fonepad 7 with 3G and 5mp camera. Will it worth my money or should i stick to nexus with wifi version only.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
This depends on what you want the tab for. If you don't want to bother with long term developer support or of the fact that Ubuntu Touch is focusing on only Nexus 7 2013 tablet now etc.. then you can get yourself Asus Fonepad 7.

OP
animes_d

animes_d

Broken In
This depends on what you want the tab for. If you don't want to bother with long term developer support or of the fact that Ubuntu Touch is focusing on only Nexus 7 2013 tablet now etc.. then you can get yourself Asus Fonepad 7.

I didn't get u. What is Ubuntu Touch and what kind of support i will get from developer in Nexus 7 and not in Asus Fonepad 7 when Both are android base?

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I didn't get u. What is Ubuntu Touch and what kind of support i will get from developer in Nexus 7 and not in Asus Fonepad 7 when Both are android base?

Ubuntu Touch is a Ubuntu based OS specially being designed for mobile platforms. And the canonical team have recently discontinued the nexus 7 2012 from support. They will now focus solely on Nexus 7 2013. Google Ubuntu Touch to know how awesome this OS (totally different from Android) will be.
But that will only interest you if you like Linux.

Top Bottom