1. Budget?
Rs. 30000-35000

2. Display type and size?
IPS/AMOLED, 5.5 minimum.

3. Dual sim?
Yes

4. Preferred choice of brand?
Any

5. What camera option you want (flash, front facing camera)?
Decent camera should do

6. Preferred operating system? (Android, iOS, Windows Phone, etc).
only android. No iOS please.

7. Preferred connectivity options (3G, 4G ready).
4G

8. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, internet, gaming etc)?
Multimedia, internet

9. Any specific mobile phones in consideration?
OnePlus 5T, Galaxy s7 (?)

10. Any other info that you want to share
No

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Get the S7 and save like 10k or if you fancy that infinity display without the edges then go for the 5t.
S7 has everything expandable storage, hybrid slot though, great camera and speaker, water and dust resistant, Samsung pay and various other things. But if you are not into custom roms then the Oreo should be the last OTA update, it won't matter for your daily usage though.

OP
Randy_Marsh

Randy_Marsh

Youngling
I just read somewhere that OnePlus 6 is on the way, announced in March and released in Q2 by max. What the heck? !

billubakra

Conversation Architect
I just read somewhere that OnePlus 6 is on the way, announced in March and released in Q2 by max. What the heck? !

If you wait, then you will keep on waiting as other companies will be launching there phones too, OP6 near June, Note 9 in September. With Note 9's release prices of other Sammy phones will decrease, so I hope you get my point.

OP
Randy_Marsh

Randy_Marsh

Youngling
I finally got my nexus 6p repaired. It costed me 8.5k but I thought its better than getting a new phone right now.
@billubakra Agree with you, but I found that there are considerable differences between snapdragon 835 and upcoming 845 (which One plus 6 will have), and it would also lead to big price drop for 5T in few months from now. So I think this really isn't a good time to buy it :) Taking about samsung, I am not bothered about it as its flagship is anyways out of my budget.

billubakra

Conversation Architect
I finally got my nexus 6p repaired. It costed me 8.5k but I thought its better than getting a new phone right now.
@billubakra Agree with you, but I found that there are considerable differences between snapdragon 835 and upcoming 845 (which One plus 6 will have), and it would also lead to big price drop for 5T in few months from now. So I think this really isn't a good time to buy it :) Taking about samsung, I am not bothered about it as its flagship is anyways out of my budget.
Difference like?

OP
Randy_Marsh

Randy_Marsh

Youngling
According to Qualcomm, there will be at least 25% increase in the performance of Snapdragon 845 as compared to its predecessor Snapdragon 835. It is also being claimed that the new chipset will result in 30% more battery life than Snapdragon 835. Also, Snapdragon 845 is the first mobile platform on which Qualcomm has added a physically separate processor called 'Secure Processing Unit' to store biometrics scans in order to make devices more secure.

Differences worth considering:
1. 4k recording @60 fps instead of 30.
2. Max. clock speed boost from 2.45GHz to 2.8GHz.
3. Adreno 630 with better VR (2x 2400x2400 @ 120 FPS (VR), physical object detection during VR sessions)
4. New quick charge (4+)
5. Dual SIM dual VoLTE support
6. Native support to slow motion capture at 480fps (at 720p resolution)
other:
1. Peak download speed @ 1.2Gbps (Cat 18) instead of 1Gbps (Cat 16)

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
@billubakra Agree with you, but I found that there are considerable differences between snapdragon 835 and upcoming 845 (which One plus 6 will have), and it would also lead to big price drop for 5T in few months from now.
They would rather discontinue the 5T instead of giving a price drop. Also, Oneplus should price the newer phones sanely (350-450$ or 23-30k). Increased advertisements and "Brand Ambassador" fee to Mr Bachchan are unnecessary costs which they can easily cut.

gta5

Ambassador of Buzz
They would rather discontinue the 5T instead of giving a price drop. Also, Oneplus should price the newer phones sanely (350-450$ or 23-30k). Increased advertisements and "Brand Ambassador" fee to Mr Bachchan are unnecessary costs which they can easily cut.

They are looking for growth and more profits as they are established now , we may see even more increased advertising as afterall Oppo , Vivo and one plus are 1 company ...

Last edited:
OP
Randy_Marsh

Randy_Marsh

Youngling

I hardly think they will discontinue it. But yes, they will have to put in extra functionalities in OP6 (like IP certification, fingerprint behind the screen, SD card capability, (even) better camera) to make it sell profitably. Then, the OP 5T can see a price tag of being somewhere around 25k, which we have seen in past with One Plus 3T and One Plus 5.

Top Bottom