Nexus 5 - My Small Review

OP
furious_gamer

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
^^ Thx dude.

@All
I have a question, custom ROM is skinned version of Android. If that's the case, why there are lot of Custom ROM's available for Nexus phones. The whole idea is to enjoy vanilla android experience which is lot better, then why infect it?

$hadow

Geek in making
^^ Thx dude.

@All
I have a question, custom ROM is skinned version of Android. If that's the case, why there are lot of Custom ROM's available for Nexus phones. The whole idea is to enjoy vanilla android experience which is lot better, then why infect it?

Coz of customisations available in each rom. I like liquid smooth rom for customisable scenario.

ZTR

Cyborg Agent
^^ Thx dude.

@All

Cause they offer lots of features and customization.

rakesh_ic

Cyborg Agent
To answer why custom roms at all, because android is known for its customization abilities and people love thier phones the way they can mend it to suit thier needs. Which is why droids took over the single branded, solo modeled, the only ruling Apple and now leading the business.

Choosing from the whole lot of custom roms are based out of your liking and needs. There is nothing called perfect rom or the rom for everyone.

OP
furious_gamer

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
^^ Thanks.

3G Network signal strength is good. Less battery drain. Yesterday tested whole day with 3G on, over 3 hr voice calls, mobile banking, browsing, watching song videos, occasional messaging and it get me through the day. I was surprised, as yesterday was most demanding day and i thought my phone will run out of juice by noon. :D

rakesh_ic

Cyborg Agent
^^ Thanks.

3G Network signal strength is good. Less battery drain. Yesterday tested whole day with 3G on, over 3 hr voice calls, mobile banking, browsing, watching song videos, occasional messaging and it get me through the day. I was surprised, as yesterday was most demanding day and i thought my phone will run out of juice by noon. :D

Thats great.. so very consoling. I run my mobile on 3G 24/7 expect when i am home and its connected to wifi.
And as you already know, I am gonna get my gift (Nexus 5) soon and will start using it. I was worried more about the battery backup as I am using Note II (which never drains down :p) and a shift from such mammoth battery to the negetively reviewed 2400mah on Nexus 5 is something that i am anxious about.

I think this update has given me some confidence :)

OP
furious_gamer

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
Nice to know my review helped you. It is a nice phone and till first 7 days, battery backup seems bad. But over few charge cycle, i can see the real potential of the phone.

rakesh_ic

Cyborg Agent
Nice to know my review helped you. It is a nice phone and till first 7 days, battery backup seems bad. But over few charge cycle, i can see the real potential of the phone.

Yeah thats expected. It takes few cycles for the battery to show the correct values on any droid :)

It could seem bad as you might see the charge dropping like ****. But if you continuosly discharge it, at some point, may be when the charge is in single digit (happened to notice this while messing around with custom roms on my Galaxy S), you will find that the charge percentage is intact for longer hours than intended. which means the readings are wrong.
There is technical reasoning for this but in layman terms the charge value stored in the file is incorrect as the phone assumes the charge in the mobile after a bootloader flash (here in this case a new mobile is as good as a new bootloader flash) is 100% where in the reality may be its less than that.

So a couple of charges to 100% and discharges to phone auto swtich off and again charging it to 100% without any break or usage while charging should fix this up :)

Last edited:

rakesh_ic

Cyborg Agent
IMG_1028.jpg
IMG_1029.jpg
IMG_1030.jpg

My phone is here :)

Top Bottom