NEWS: Windows Vista RC1 build 5600 Released !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
Microsoft have just released Windows Vista RC1 (Build 5600.16384.060829-223) to Technical Beta testers via MS Connect. The build is available for both x86 and x64 platforms.

Here are the details for the two DVD images:

X86

CRC: 0xB3519FCA
SHA: 0xE00B4EBBC81FB420CF047973B95A9CFB7CDF51B7

vista_5600.16384.060829-2230_x86fre_client-LR1CFRE_EN_DVD.iso
2,584.25 MB

X64

CRC: 0x59C867D0
SHA: 0x8E4DE7A72C828A3543FF1663243EB0836DA07EEA

vista_5600.16384.060829-2230_x64fre_client-LR1CxFRE_EN_DVD.iso
3,677.22 MB

It's Official: Windows Vista RC1 Is Complete

This just in: Platforms and Services Co-President Jim Allchin has just now posted an announcement that RC1 is complete on the TechBeta/TAP site (note that it's password-protected). We’re reproducing the text here so that you all can see his comments. As per usual, we’re initially rolling out the code to the TechBeta and TAP programs alone, while MSDN and TechNet subscribers will be offered access next week.

To the TechBeta community:

It’s official — Windows Vista RC1 is done!

We could not have achieved this milestone without your support. The quantity and quality of feedback and data we received from you has been essential to helping us progress. Thus we wanted you to be the first customers outside of Microsoft to get access to the bits. Next week, a broader set of technical customers will get them via MSDN and TechNet. But you’re the first! We wanted to get it into your hands asap so you can start giving us feedback right away.

You’ll notice a lot of improvements since Beta 2. We’ve made some UI adjustments, added more device drivers, and enhanced performance. We’re not done yet, however — quality will continue to improve. We’ll keep plugging away on application compatibility, as well as fit and finish, until RTM. If you are an ISV, RC1 is the build you should use for certifying your application.

The operating system is in great shape with RC1, but there’s still a lot of testing to do. You’ve come through for us so far, and I’m asking you to once again put the pedal to the metal and send us feedback. Windows Vista is going to touch hundreds of millions of lives all around the world. Thanks for everything you’re doing to help us give them the best experience possible.
Source : blogs.technet.com
Screenshot

nishant_nms

Cyborg Agent
How can I get it? I am not a MSDN or Technet subscriber. It will be made public for downloading like Pre-RC1 or not

G

gxsaurav

found it 10 mins after it was relesed on connect, but was too sleepy to post in the night. Will be downloading this weekend

For those using Nvidia graphics cards, & chipset, nvidia has relesed much better RC1 compatible drivers for Vista, this is something u should sure install

qudra

Broken In
Windows Vista RC1 (Build 5600)

Windows Vista RC1 (Release Candidate 1), the latest version of the company's next operating system to be made widely available to the public, has now officially been released to testers. Not expected until after Labor Day, Windows Vista RC1 is listed as Build 5600 on Microsoft's Connect website for the beta testing community. Windows Vista RC1, as with Beta 2 is expected to be distributed to over 2 million users. Windows Vista is the first new operating system to be released in this new era of heightened security issues. Ultimately, it is expected to run on 9 out of 10 of the world's computers following its final release in late 2006.

MY sys specifications:::
Pro: Intel core 2 duo 3.4Mhz, Mobo:Intel® Q965 Express Chipset, NVIDIA® nForce 590 SLI MCP 512MB, RAM:2GB Dual-Channel DDR2 SDRAM (667MHz), Benq:DVD Writer,HDD:250 GB(7200RPM)seagate, 19" Flat Monitor Viewsonic.

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
Re: Windows Vista RC1 (Build 5600)

1)It is not going to run on 9 out of the 10 computers in the world for all practical purposes.

2)Which CPU do you have, 8 series or 9 series?

3)You haven't mentioned the graphic card.

4)Here is what I think the system requirements for Vista.

Basic usage, non gaming and non pro, acceptable operating speeds
AMD 64 or lower
1GB RAM
64MB DX9

Decent usage, should be fine for the first lot of games and will provide acceptably decent speeds for general functioning
AMD 64 - X2 or lower
2GB RAM
128MB , atmost geforce 6 class

Enthusiast usage, do everything including multitasking and yet get decent speeds
Core 2 Duo
4GB RAM
256-512mb at most geforce 7600GT class or lower,

G

gxsaurav

akshyat, like always your speculations are not what they should be

I have used Vista beta 2 on the lowest config I could fine, Pentium 4 2.4C with HT, 1 GB RAM, & Geforce FX 5200, the OS was working at almost same speed

anything over 2 GHz & 1 GB RAM, with an adequate graphics card can run Vista at the recommended settings

Basic usage, non gaming and non pro, acceptable operating speeds
AMD 64 or lower
1GB RAM
64MB DX9

this config is more then enough to run vista for anything, just not the graphics card, but the CPU provides much more power then being just acceptable

2 GB RAM is good for vista, but seriously not required or a necessity

& i wonder how u benchmark things, cos u r saying Core 2 duo, 4 GB RAM etc for decent speed, at this vista will rock

Remember, the OS can run on 2 GHz system with 1 GB RAM & 128 MB DX9 card fine, but the application u install on these will require more CPU power

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom