New TV for parents

deepanshuchg

Ambassador of Buzz
Looking to buy a new TV for my parent's bedroom. They still have that old style fat TV, so a much needed upgrade here.

Initially I was thinking of getting a non-smart TV along with firestick to save some money but a quick glance at amazon seems like almost all the new models are smart tv, so it make sense to go with a smart tv now.

• Budget - 30k(can extend a few 1000s)
  • 32 or 43 inches. (I am not sure if I should go for the expensive 32 or cheaper 43, their bed isnt very far from the wall(bed edge is around 4 ft away, so they will be around 9 ft away from the tv) so maybe 32 inches make more sense).
  • What will the TV/monitor be used for primarily? - For consuming content from set top box(currently non-HD) and streaming from youtube/prime/hotstar and jiotv.
  • I am thinking of going for Full HD, but if 4k comes in the budget - sure. But we wont be streaming any 4k content in the near future.
  • I am looking for something which is future proof as I don't think they will be upgrading it for at least 7-10 years. Not sure whats the life of they new smart tvs these days.
  • Since I am looking for something durable so will prefer reputed brands like Samung, LG, Sony etc.

OP
D

deepanshuchg

Ambassador of Buzz
So will it more sense to go for the cheaper ones? I was only planning to invest more just to make it future proof. I don't have any problem with going for Chinese brands.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
So will it more sense to go for the cheaper ones? I was only planning to invest more just to make it future proof. I don't have any problem with going for Chinese brands.
VU TVs are good for their price. Wait for others to comment & in the meantime you can see below thread.
*geek.digit.in/community/threads/need-suggestions-for-43-4k-uhd-smart-tv-at-₹30k.208680/

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Yes, for the price you pay for Vu TV you won't get such features and quality in LG/SONY/Samsung price.

Check the Vu Ultra TV or Vu Premium TV

OP
D

deepanshuchg

Ambassador of Buzz
Vu UItra TV is OOT from amazon but the premium model is avaialble on flipkart Flipkart but I am not sure if it is the 2020 model or 2019 model, can someone confirm please?

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl
Vu UItra TV is OOT from amazon but the premium model is avaialble on flipkart Flipkart but I am not sure if it is the 2020 model or 2019 model, can someone confirm please?
No sale as of now..
Wait for it..
If you can't then Hisense 43", but that tv too out of stock..

OP
D

deepanshuchg

Ambassador of Buzz
No sale as of now..
Wait for it..
If you can't then Hisense 43", but that tv too out of stock..
Is this Hisense 108 cm Full HD Smart Certified Android LED TV: Amazon.in: Electronics the tv you are talking about. Its available.

Also the one I linked above : Vu Premium 108cm (43 inch) Full HD LED Smart Android TV Online at best Prices In India isn't it a good model?

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl
Is this Hisense 108 cm Full HD Smart Certified Android LED TV: Amazon.in: Electronics the tv you are talking about. Its available.

Also the one I linked above : Vu Premium 108cm (43 inch) Full HD LED Smart Android TV Online at best Prices In India isn't it a good model?

I was talking about 4k..
4k is good for 43" and above..
FHD for 32" and below..
*www.youtube.com/c/TechiebeezIndia

Can't tell you about model. But Vu ultra gives best viewing experience. You can go through above channel and find all answers.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
I was talking about 4k..
4k is good for 43" and above..
FHD for 32" and below..
Not necessarily. It depends on your source quality, watching a 15-20gb 1080p 2 hours video on a 50" screen will still look good compared to a bit starved 4k video on a 43" screen.

sandynator

Cyborg Agent
Sorry for being late...
Just wanted to share that Hisense along with their QLED Tvs has also started launching their TOSHIBA Brand TV which they acquired somewhere in 2017. They are marketing 55 inch above tvs as Full array panels [which could be a gimmick]

Top Bottom