New single monitor of Eyeinfinity setup?

jasku

In the zone
Hello all,

My good old Dell 2408WFP is on its last legs, and I am on the look out for a new display. I was googling around a few of my options are:

1)HP Pavilion 27xi 27-inch Diagonal IPS LED Backlit Monitor
2) Korean 27' which are going for around $400, feel not worth at the price
3) Get a couple Dell 22' or 24' and setup eyeinfinity?
4) 3 20' monitors?

The GPU powering the display will be the AMD 7970

I dont want to go over 25k, unless absolutely worth it.

Please suggest.

Vish2a9l

Journeyman
Obviously, if you're wanting an eye-finity setup then you must go for multi monitors.
Go for dual dell if you feel that the third monitor won't be required much.

First two choices are a strict no.

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
I dont like jail bars on my image hence would always prefer large single screens like the AOC AOC i2757Fh 27 inch Monitor - Buy Online @ Rs.18550/- | Snapdeal.com

kunalgujarathi

Cyborg Agent
This is the best Monitor -BenQ XL2720T

*gaming.benq.com/gaming-monitor/xl2720t

Try to get it in your budget.If you can extent your budget to 30k then this is best investment.

OP
jasku

jasku

In the zone
Thanks for the response, any reason as to why you are against the Korean monitor, apart from non prevalent ASS?

I want to know from multi display setup users, if the the cons and if it is feasible, have read posts where many a times the people have given up multi display setup for a single monitor.

Would running 3 20' be more effective for games/movies over a single 27'?

pegasus1990

Broken In
The rationale behind running triples is to get an added field of view(FOV),i.e, an eyefinity supported game would give you a 180 degree view. So the next time you hear something from the behind or the side when you are playing a game, you see it immediately. This is impossible in a single screen no matter how big it is. The only other options to enjoy this added FOV is to get a warpalizer or the occulus rift.

OP
jasku

jasku

In the zone
The rationale behind running triples is to get an added field of view(FOV),i.e, an eyefinity supported game would give you a 180 degree view. So the next time you hear something from the behind or the side when you are playing a game, you see it immediately. This is impossible in a single screen no matter how big it is. The only other options to enjoy this added FOV is to get a warpalizer or the occulus rift.

Well, I will play RPG/FPS, so I am not sure if the fov increase will enhance the gameplay for me, how is it for movies/shows?

Well, I will play RPG/FPS, so I am not sure if the fov increase will enhance the gameplay for me, how is it for movies/shows?

Movies have fixed resolution. They would wither be rescaled to fill all screens or adjusted to fill the height. It doesn't look good IMO.

Top Bottom