New Rig in 50-60k Budget

Vaastav

Right off the assembly line
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.' Vague answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work.)
Ans: Editing- Will use all the software like Adobe Photoshop CC, Illustrator CC Premiere Pro CC And 3D Applications like Maya, Zbrush, Blender.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then please mention.
Ans: 50k (Can extend another 10k)

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: No.

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows 10

5. How much hard drive / solid-state drive space is needed?
Ans: Already Have

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention the screen size and resolution you prefer. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, then do mention the screen size and resolution of the monitor you have.
Ans: Already Have

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy? i.e. which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans:
SSD - Kingston A2000 500gb x 2
HDD- WD Blue 2TB
RAM- Corsair Vengeance 16gb 3200mhz (8gb x 2)
Also will use my current Monitor and Other peripherals.

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: Within a Month or two

9. Have you ever built a desktop before? Or, will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: Will be done by Me.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Will buy All stuff Online

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: Gaming - Currently Will use my Gaming Laptop for next 6 months but Will upgrade whenever RTX 3060 arrives or get an RTX 3070. So I want this setup to be gaming Ready. Also the budget is excluding Graphics card.

nac

Aspiring Novelist
In two months you will have few more options.
You can go up to 3700X/5600X~
For non overclocking rig, I would say any decent B series would do.
650/750w PSU
If you already have GPU, use it until you buy 3070, else get a basic one/used one until you get 3070.
You can get these under 60k.

CPU - AMD R7 3700X - 28.5k

Mobo - MSI B550M Pro VDH WiFi - 13k

RAM - Yours

GPU - Needs one to boot

M.2 SSD - Yours

HDD - Yours

PSU - Corsair TX650M > CM MWE Gold 650W > Antec EA750G - 8k

Cabinet - CM MB511 or Corsair 275R Airflow or other mid tower ATX - 7k (can vary)

Monitor - Yours

Total - 56.5k

Intel-based with integrated GPU:
CPU - Intel i7 10700 - 29.5k
Mobo - MSI B460 Tomahawk - 13.6k
Cabinet - CM MB511 or Corsair 275R Airflow or other mid tower ATX - 7k (can vary)
Total - 58.1k

Adobe apps run better on Intel based systems with iGPU.

Limitations:
- RAM will run at 2933MHz at max (might be able to adjust timings, not sure)
- No OC, but there's a way to bypass the 65W power limit. At 65W, it apparently runs at just 3GHz all core. Sending more power will help increase all core frequency to beyond 4GHz:
Intel Comet Lake Non-K CPUs 'Power Limit' Overclocking on ASUS, ASRock, MSI H470, B460 & H410 Motherboards Detailed & Compared

OP
V

Vaastav

RAM - Yours

GPU - Needs one to boot

M.2 SSD - Yours

HDD - Yours

Monitor - Yours

Total - 56.5k

Total - 58.1k

Limitations:
- No OC, but there's a way to bypass the 65W power limit. At 65W, it apparently runs at just 3GHz all core. Sending more power will help increase all core frequency to beyond 4GHz:
Intel Comet Lake Non-K CPUs 'Power Limit' Overclocking on ASUS, ASRock, MSI H470, B460 & H410 Motherboards Detailed & Compared

I'm much of AMD Fanboy so I'll go with AMD setup.
Also Should I wait for 5000 series reviews or R7 3700x is good enough??

I'm much of AMD Fanboy so I'll go with AMD setup.
Also Should I wait for 5000 series reviews or R7 3700x is good enough??
Wait for reviews, should be out in Nov 1st week & we should know about the Indian release & price by then as well. R5 5600X should be 30k. It should outperform 3700X in games due to the IPC gains but maybe 3700X will be better for productivity, let's see what happens.

Have an old gtx 1050 Ti and GT 710.

Will there be any issues if I use GT 710??
As I don't want to disturb my setup having an GTX 1050ti
No, will work fine if the GPU is in working condition. In this case, go for AMD rig, buy new GPU after few months when prices settle down

OP
V

Vaastav

RAM - Yours

GPU - Needs one to boot

M.2 SSD - Yours

HDD - Yours

Monitor - Yours

Total - 56.5k

Total - 58.1k

Limitations:

Gone with Gigabyte B550 Aorus Pro.

Getting for ₹13.1k After all discounts

*www.amazon.in/GIGABYTE-B550-AORUS-...7&hvtargid=pla-931484085103&psc=1&ext_vrnc=hi

Gone with Gigabyte B550 Aorus Pro.

Getting for ₹13.1k After all discounts

*www.amazon.in/GIGABYTE-B550-AORUS-...7&hvtargid=pla-931484085103&psc=1&ext_vrnc=hi
Ok, it is a bit inferior to the MSI one I suggested in VRM temps. But for R7 3700X, it doesn't matter. Not sure of other differences between the two mobo other than the fact that Pro VDH has WiFi whereas Aorus Pro has heatsink for 2nd M.2.

mobo VRM all B550 (1).png

OP
V

Vaastav

Ok, it is a bit inferior to the MSI one I suggested in VRM temps. But for R7 3700X, it doesn't matter. Not sure of other differences between the two mobo other than the fact that Pro VDH has WiFi whereas Aorus Pro has heatsink for 2nd M.2.

View attachment 19599
I think you confused it with B550M Aorus Pro. Look at the 10th one from Above. It has better VRMs. Also More USB Ports And M.2 slots (Which was the main Reason I Chose this one) Wifi is not much of an issue to me as I can get a seperate wifi whenever required

I think you confused it with B550M Aorus Pro. Look at the 10th one from Above. It has better VRMs. Also More USB Ports And M.2 slots (Which was the main Reason I Chose this one) Wifi is not much of an issue to me as I can get a seperate wifi whenever required
Yup, I did, my bad. A great deal in that case. Both have 2x M.2 slots, not exactly sure what you mean by more M.2 slots. In case you go for extra WiFi receiver (LAN connection would be my top choice), get a good PCIe based one (1.5k) rather than cheap USB dongles.

OP
V

Vaastav

Yup, I did, my bad. A great deal in that case. Both have 2x M.2 slots, not exactly sure what you mean by more M.2 slots. In case you go for extra WiFi receiver (LAN connection would be my top choice), get a good PCIe based one (1.5k) rather than cheap USB dongles.
By More M.2 slots I meant dual but looks like all b550 motherboards have dual m.2 slots.

Also any recommendations for wifi receiver??

By More M.2 slots I meant dual but looks like all b550 motherboards have dual m.2 slots.

Also any recommendations for wifi receiver??
*www.amazon.in/TP-Link-Wireless-Exp...s=wifi+adapter+for+pcie&qid=1603291183&sr=8-2

Not much idea, but this should be better than USB dongles. Prefer LAN cable.

Top Bottom