New phone under 12K, need a replacement due to water damage.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
A friend of mine ordered RN7P 6gb/128gb in last sale,I will update here about its delivery. Btw do check geekyranjit youtube reviews of phones.

Reactions: k_v
Guys why not the RN9P?

Also if they're launching it today, will deliveries even happen with all these lockdowns and curfews? I'm so confused
Check my first post in your thread. My top recommendation was the RN9 Pro at 13k, 4GB/64GB model.

Makes sense. I will wait for a while as I don't really wish to be the one making the delivery guys to endanger their lives for a stupid phone.

So to sum up, should I just go with one of RN7P or Realme 5 Pro?

EDIT - After comparing these two phones, the Realme 5P doesn't really offer too much more for the 2K premium. I'll just go with the RN7P.

Do let me know if I'm missing something. Thanks
Again, you missed what I posted earlier.

Realme 5 Pro has a faster storage (eMMC of RN7P is a lot slower) & an ultrawide as advantages over RN7P. With prepaid payment discount, its 6GB/64GB variant is 12k, same as RN7P 6GB/128GB. Realme 5 Pro has a dedicated SD card slot unlike RN7P, so you can just add a SD card to increase storage capacity later.

What is UFS 3.0 storage, and why should you care?

Update: FK sale - Great Deals On Smartphones Ko9i8t Store Online - Buy Great Deals On Smartphones Ko9i8t Online at Best Price in India | Flipkart.com

Realme 5 Pro 6GB/64GB costs 13k but has 1k discount if you do prepaid transaction, so 12k. It has an ultrawide cam as well as faster UFS 2.0 storage as advantages over RN7P:
Realme 5 Pro ( 64 GB Storage, 6 GB RAM ) Online at Best Price On Flipkart.com

PS: I used to not recommend Realme till few months back as their OS wasn't as good. With Realme UI, its close to MIUI in terms of optimization. MIUI still might have an edge here & but more ads in MIUI.

You can try exchanging your old phone as well, if it is possible at your location.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Check my first post in your thread. My top recommendation was the RN9 Pro at 13k, 4GB/64GB model.
Actually during just concluded flipkart sale realme X 4gb/128gb was selling for 13500,do you think it was a good deal considering it got amoled screen & no notch/popup camera.

Actually during just concluded flipkart sale realme X 4gb/128gb was selling for 13500,do you think it was a good deal considering it got amoled screen & no notch/popup camera.
Considering OP's old phone had 6GB RAM, so I ended up suggesting Realme 5 Pro 6GB variant, because of 6GB RAM.

Realme X at 13.5k seems good, I think XT/X2 is having some discount as well.

Compare Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Pro vs. Realme 5 Pro vs. Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 Pro - GSMArena.com

You can see the difference between eMMC 5.1 & UFS 2.1 here: What is UFS 3.0 storage, and why should you care?

Faster storage helps the phone stay responsive. With time, more app devs will start considering such fast storage as minimum which a phone would have & optimize their apps accordingly, so apps will run slower in eMMC in future than it does now. Same can be said about RAM, 4GB is minimum & sufficient for now, but after 2 years, 6GB might be the new minimum.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ok,I knew random read write speeds are important but didn't knew it was such difference between emmc & ufs 2.1,thanks for the info. 6gb ram I know is one should get if planning on keeping phone for more than 2 years but for people who change phone in 1-1.5 years 4gb ram is alright for now I think.

Yeah, random R/W is the most important metric for storage. Off topic - OP7T's UFS 3.0 somehow performs similar to UFS 2.1 of Samsung S10 lite based on some reviews, not sure how that happened. So its safe to assume that these Chinese companies use lower quality stuff. So say, eMMC 5.1 of Pixel 3a might be better than that of RN7P (I know, not a fair comparison, but still).

4GB should be fine for up to 2 years. If budget allows, surely 6GB is better to have. But at 12k, it's bit difficult to get a good balance of everything, Realme 5 Pro comes close, hence my recommendation.

Top Bottom