New phone for 10,000 (+- 2000)

joyceanblue

Broken In
My redmi 3S finally given up on me (battery dead I suppose). Looking for another VFM phone, so here I am knocking on the wisdom of fellow digit members. I have shortlisted redmi note 7 and Asus max pro m2, open to any other suggestion.
1. Budget? 10k (can add 2k or 3k more)
2. Display type and size - not something too big
3. Dual sim? - absolutely
4. Preferred choice of brand? - Mi, Asus
5. What camera option you want (flash, front facing camera)? - good quality and preferably fast read camera.
6. Preferred operating system? (Android, iOS,Stock Android etc). - Android
7. Preferred connectivity options (Dual 4G,802.11AC or 5Ghz wifi). - Dual 4G
8. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, internet, gaming etc)? Gaming/camera
9. Any specific mobile phones in consideration? Redmi Note 7 vs Asus max pro m2
10. Any other info that you want to share - want something that will last for a while.

I'd prefer Asus Max Pro M2 over RN7 because of stock android. It got a price cut as well & starts at 10k like RN7, go for 12k variant if you want more storage & RAM, don't buy 6GB variant of any mid ranger.

I don't have anything against custom UI, just that MIUI showing ads is not a good sign. Some custom UI's like those of Oppo & Vivo weren't that optimized last time I checked (like Samsung UI till S5/S6 era).

quicky008

Technomancer
with 4gb/64gb variant of zenfone max pro m2 now being sold at just 12k,its actually a no-brainer choice when it comes to deciding which smartphone to get within sub 10-15k price bracket.

is it true that the MIUI still displays ads even in newer phones,like the note 7?Also is there any truth to the recent findings that phones manufactured my xiaomi have very high SAR values?

with 4gb/64gb variant of zenfone max pro m2 now being sold at just 12k,its actually a no-brainer choice when it comes to deciding which smartphone to get within sub 10-15k price bracket.

is it true that the MIUI still displays ads even in newer phones,like the note 7?Also is there any truth to the recent findings that phones manufactured my xiaomi have very high SAR values?
High SAR values in many Chinese phones were a common thing for quite some years, but they are within the regulatory limit. Not many people talk about it nowadays because people don't use the phone much for talking.

Xiaomi clarified about not showing ads in Poco phones but for Xiaomi/Redmi branded ones, they said they are looking into options, so not a clear answer & I'm sure many common people would rather have ads on phone than pay a higher price. Something like what Amazon does with Fire tablets in US is a good way I'd say. Amazon charges $15 extra for no ads in Fire tabs.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
High SAR values in many Chinese phones were a common thing for quite some years, but they are within the regulatory limit. Not many people talk about it nowadays because people don't use the phone much for talking.
:lol: Still see below for being better safe than sorry :lol:
With phone in pocket all the time, can phones with high SAR and radiation cause infertility in men? May be

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
Mr. Jain said in an interview that ADs are shown in miui in only premium apps and not in core system apps. he also gave the example of youtube and said those ADs can't be stopped but customer can turn off ADs in xiaomi apps. still I have encountered many people crying due to ADs in notification area and other core apps. xiaomi support occassionally asks them to provide screenshot but later does nothing.
also, it is not possible to uninstall these so-called premium apps which creates a real big doubt in the mind about intentions of xiaomi.
it appears xiaomi targets only those people who wants better specs at cheaper price and are not at all concerned with privacy & security.

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Mr. Jain said in an interview that ADs are shown in miui in only premium apps and not in core system apps. he also gave the example of youtube and said those ADs can't be stopped but customer can turn off ADs in xiaomi apps. still I have encountered many people crying due to ADs in notification area and other core apps. xiaomi support occassionally asks them to provide screenshot but later does nothing.
also, it is not possible to uninstall these so-called premium apps which creates a real big doubt in the mind about intentions of xiaomi.
it appears xiaomi targets only those people who wants better specs at cheaper price and are not at all concerned with privacy & security.
+
I would never spend even a single penny on a phone if after purchasing the phone shows me these ads.

As I said earlier, many people would rather have ads than pay more, Xiaomi knows this.

Top Bottom