New phone around 15-17k

cacklebolt

Ambassador of Buzz
1. Budget?
15k, margin of around 3-4k

2. Display type and size?
Preferably HD or qHD, Size NOT MORE than 5 inches.

3. Dual sim?
Yes, necessary.

4. Preferred choice of brand?
Samsung, Sony, Gionee, XOLO

5. What camera option you want (flash, front facing camera)?
Atleast around 8 mp, Flash neccessary, front cam neccessary(at least 1.3 mp)

6. Preferred operating system? (Android, iOS, Windows Phone, etc).
Android.

7. Preferred connectivity options (3G, 4G ready).
3G, 4G not neccesary, although wouldn't mind for future proofing.

8. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, internet, gaming etc)?
Camera, Social Networking, Browsing, occasional gaming.

9. Any specific mobile phones in consideration?
Alcatel One Touch Idol X+, Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini, LG L90, Gionee Elife E7 mini, Moto G(if nothing else)

10. Any other info that you want to share
I will need at least one day of battery life, preferably 1.5 min. A good camera is essential, and that is why I'm avoiding Moto G. Otherwise, I love it. And a good gaming device is preferred, even though I won't game a lot on it.
Wide availability of custom roms like CM MIUI is very essential

ZTR

Cyborg Agent
I know, but camera is important. Last I checked, S4 Mini and L90 have good ROMs too.

L90 has no ROMs as of now and S4 Mini has but most are for either the LTE or the 3G version and not for the dual sim one

And the camera on Moto G is not that bad

OP
cacklebolt

cacklebolt

Ambassador of Buzz
L90 has no ROMs as of now and S4 Mini has but most are for either the LTE or the 3G version and not for the dual sim one

And the camera on Moto G is not that bad

It's not bad, but I want something better than it. My dad has it, so I can give first-hand opinion.

$hadow

Geek in making
There is negligible support if you compare the dual Sim to single Sim phones. Moto g is a exception on the list.
But it camera is important get SP.

OP
cacklebolt

cacklebolt

Ambassador of Buzz
+1 to Xperia SP
Edit: :oops: +1 to Moto G but dev support might be a bummer for Dual sim phones.

Moto G does have CM so I think I'll be sorted. I did consider the SP but I really need Dual Sim.

- - - Updated - - -

Get lumias for good pic quality
Only one Dual Sim phone, i.e 630. And it has only 512 mb RAM even if it is sufficient. And I am not keen on Indian WPs. Also, all data of mine is dependent on Google accounts. Migrating is a royal pain.

OP
cacklebolt

cacklebolt

Ambassador of Buzz
No Samsung except the S4 mini, [MENTION=60562]anupam_pb[/MENTION]. I also don't prefer 5 inch phones.

$hadow

Geek in making
Well in my views no phone beats moto g at this price point. Dev support is also increasing plus moto is by itself providing a good service regarding OTA updates.

OP
cacklebolt

cacklebolt

Ambassador of Buzz
Well in my views no phone beats moto g at this price point. Dev support is also increasing plus moto is by itself providing a good service regarding OTA updates.

Yeah, the OTA point is important. I think I'll settle for Moto G then. Another question regarding it: Has anybody used those grip covers for it?

sksundram

In the zone
I propose xolo q1010i for you at 11K. it has SONY Exmor R sensor for great photography, kitkat, 5 inch HD screen. the reviews are great. Just that you will not find lots of custom ROMs

OP
cacklebolt

cacklebolt

Ambassador of Buzz
Custom roms and OTA updates are necessary for me. And I can't mention enough that I am not very fond of 5 inchers, unless its an exceptional phone.

rish1

Cyborg Agent
Xperia Zr for 20k is exceptional phone i would suggest to get this .. either wait for a lower price or extend budget ..

Sony Xperia ZR Price in India - Buy Sony Xperia ZR White 8 GB Online - Sony: Flipkart.com

Last edited:

$hadow

Geek in making
Yeah, the OTA point is important. I think I'll settle for Moto G then. Another question regarding it: Has anybody used those grip covers for it?
These are personal preference if you like them they are good but moto g is already have a good rubberized back.

OP
cacklebolt

cacklebolt

Ambassador of Buzz
Even HTC desire 516 can be a good choice.
Overpriced compared to Moto G

- - - Updated - - -

Xperia Zr for 20k is exceptional phone i would suggest to get this .. either wait for a lower price or extend budget ..

Sony Xperia ZR Price in India - Buy Sony Xperia ZR White 8 GB Online - Sony: Flipkart.com

No sir, I can neither extend the time or budget. My mother is quitting her job this month and promised me this phone from her last pay.

- - - Updated - - -

I seem to have narrowed down to 3 phone from the original 5.
Moto G, LG L90, Samsung S4 Mini.

I prefer the Moto G or Samsung, for their displays and better dev support than LG.

- - - Updated - - -

Hold on folks. Xiaomi is supposedly launching its Mi-3 for 15k in India.

Top Bottom