New phone 25k budget

sakumar79

Technomancer
Hi,
Looking to buy a new phone as per below parameters. Please give your suggestions.

1. Budget? 25k, can stretch to 30k.
2. Display type and size? Not particular. Prefer 5-6", but ok with 4" even.
3. Dual sim? Not essential
4. Preferred choice of brand? Prefer Moto, Apple, Sony, Microsoft, Asus, Samsung. LG, Lenovo to some extent. Not interested in Mi, Micromax, OnePlus, etc.
5. What camera option you want (flash, front facing camera)? Any good/decent camera will do, OIS will be a bonus.
6. Preferred operating system? (Android, iOS, Windows Phone, etc). Any OS okay, but preferably recent (Android 6 or later, iOS 9 or later, Windows 10)
7. Preferred connectivity options (3G, 4G ready). 4G preferred, 3g minimum
8. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, internet, gaming etc)? Calling, casual gaming, casual browsing and casual camera usage
9. Any specific mobile phones in consideration? Moto Z Play, Sony XA Ultra, Samsung Galaxy C7, Lenovo P2 and iPhone SE
10. Any other info that you want to share - Require 2 GB RAM, 16 GB Internal minimum (3 GB Ram and 32 GB Internal preferred), good battery life important, quick charging not essential but a bonus, 3.5mm jack required, fingerprint sensor not essential but a bonus. Will prefer to purchase it at a retail store and not online.

I realise that options like OnePlus 3/3T, Mi 5, etc offer better hardware/performance than the preferred brands at the price range, but I am not looking into those brands.

Thanks in advance
Arun

TheSloth

The Slowest One
if not OP3 then Moto Z Play. Lenovo can be another option. suggestion is And stick with Snapdragon with that budget

OP
S

sakumar79

Technomancer
Thanks for the advice. Is it worth waiting for Lenovo Zuk Edge as it will have Snapdragon 821 in this price range... I have Lenovo laptops with not much issues, but am hearing some scary stories about Lenovo mobiles, so I am slightly worried about After Sales Service and Product support...

Thanks in advance
Arun

Minion

Conversation Architect
Thanks for the advice. Is it worth waiting for Lenovo Zuk Edge as it will have Snapdragon 821 in this price range... I have Lenovo laptops with not much issues, but am hearing some scary stories about Lenovo mobiles, so I am slightly worried about After Sales Service and Product support...

Thanks in advance
Arun

That i don't know but one plus of getting zuk phones are they can be repaired with existing lenovo service centers.

OP
S

sakumar79

Technomancer
How about Samsung's Galaxy A9 Pro? It is now just under 30k, comes with good battery, processor is slightly better than other under 30k models of similar established brands like Moto, Sony, etc (not as good as OP 3T or Mi5, but I am not looking to buy those brands). I dont mind the large 6" screen's bulkiness as I am currently having Sony T2 Ultra.

Thanks in advance
Arun

Minion

Conversation Architect
How about Samsung's Galaxy A9 Pro? It is now just under 30k, comes with good battery, processor is slightly better than other under 30k models of similar established brands like Moto, Sony, etc (not as good as OP 3T or Mi5, but I am not looking to buy those brands). I dont mind the large 6" screen's bulkiness as I am currently having Sony T2 Ultra.

Thanks in advance
Arun

How is SD652 better than SD820?Also iphone 6 32Gb is available for 28k on amazon.

OP
S

sakumar79

Technomancer
I think you misunderstood what I said. I meant that SD 652 is better than the chips on sub 30k phones of Moto, Sony etc which are typically SD 625, etc. It is not as good as SD 820 in Mi5 or OP 3T, but I am not looking to buy those phones.

iPhone 6 is nearing 3 years... Is it still Okay? I saw iPhone SE 16 GB for 30k, but storage was less and 64 GB was 45k, completely out of my budget. However, the price in US is 450$ for 64 GB which comes to 30k... It is a better deal compared to A9 pro right (If I can have someone get it for me).

Thanks in advance
Arun

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
I think you misunderstood what I said. I meant that SD 652 is better than the chips on sub 30k phones of Moto, Sony etc which are typically SD 625, etc. It is not as good as SD 820 in Mi5 or OP 3T, but I am not looking to buy those phones.

iPhone 6 is nearing 3 years... Is it still Okay? I saw iPhone SE 16 GB for 30k, but storage was less and 64 GB was 45k, completely out of my budget. However, the price in US is 450$ for 64 GB which comes to 30k... It is a better deal compared to A9 pro right (If I can have someone get it for me).

Thanks in advance
Arun

If you want SD625, wait for Moto G5+ instead of spending much on Z Play.

A9 pro is samsung as usual going bonkers for the pricing.

As for the 3 year old iphone, why are you even considering it for 30k? If it was under 10k, it would've made sense to get an EOL phone as a backup.

Minion

Conversation Architect

Thanks in advance
Arun

I did research and it is indeed a good phone get it if you have no issue with size.

Top Bottom