New PC...please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

acewin

Point Blanc
my concern was power consumption, desibond cleared in his post

you just keep it on and the app/BIOS-setting takes care of pulling out only what is needed from processor and yes, it works all the time. You need not reduce speed manually.

I have one which had come with my desk, the amount you are paying up, in that u can easily get good speakers, thats what I meant.

If you decide with AMD config, then just wait for 785G boards to come, and if intel then wait for i5 to come up, lets see whats the package intel offers.

acewin

Point Blanc
also, m mostly suggesting wait because 785G boards prices is expected to be lesser than current AM3 boards prices.

he is already on for a proccy pricing more than 10K right!!

Shadowfax2009

Wandering around
Letmein Bro

at 65K U can have a rocking system that can do pretty well in gaming. I agree with most of your final choices. Here are some of mine suggestions......

1. At your price point without doubt AMD is the system to go.
2. It would be difficult to make the system with DDR3 ram (except, if U are ready to take a bit risk .... more later)

3. Case -- Cooler Master Elite 334 -- 2,500 (Go for any big case...from market ....Coolermaster doesnt mater at such low end .... iBall has a big case at 1700/- , Make a deal with the shopkeeper to reduce 200 bucks if U don't take the bundled SMPS. Or sell it on any old parts shop! All cheapo cases are same.Just hunt for something as big as possible ..... )

4. DVD Drive -- Samsung DVD Writer -- 1,050

5. Graphics Card -- Palit GTS 250 1GB -- 8,900 (Never.... GTS 250 is same as 9800gtx/gtx+ available at ~ 7K, You can even flash the bios of the gfx card and make it a 250. ) Get a Ati Radion 4870 with 1gb DDR5 ram, with eyes closed. At 11K its a steal. Or Get a 4890 at 14K

Hard Drive -- 500 GB Western Digital Black -- 2,700 ...OK

Keyboard -- Microsoft Comfort Curve 2000 -- 900 (I would suggest Logitech at 450 bucks)

Monitor -- Dell S2409W Full HD -- 12,500 (Ok )

Motherboard -- Gigabyte UD3L -- 7,200 ( Biostar TA790GXB A3 @ 6.5k .... U might not even have heard the name but its rocking. Or any good Gigabyte AM2+ board if Ucan find....Even AMD 780 Series would do, Because U are going to overclock only moderately if at all)

Mouse -- Razer Salmosa -- 1,900 (No No ....... Logitech Mx 518 at 1500/-)

Processor -- Intel Q9500 -- 12,400 (NEVER, ....... GO FOR AMD PHENOMII 940 at 10K)

PSU -- Corsair VX 550 Watts -- 5,800 (OKish .... Even Coolermaster 650 watt Pro would do .... but doesnt leave scope for upgrading to SLI or CFX ~ 3,500/-)

RAM -- Corsair 2GB DDR2 * 2 -- 3,000 (Very Good)

UPS -- N/A (APC 650kva @ 3000/-)

Total

To make it future proof

Phenom II 955 + 3000/-
Transcend 2GB DDR3 1333MHz RAM @ 2k -1000/- (RAM prices will rapidle come down in next 6 months)

MSI 790FX-GD70 790FX/SB750 AM3 @ 11.8k + 5000/-

Ie 7000/- extra = 64,800/-

What more do you want ..... this is a bliss box at present .... ENJOY

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
@shadowfax, regarding point 2:

this is why it is better to wait for 785G motherboard that use AM3 socket and DDR3 RAM and are considered a worthy option. With them just around the corner (also come with HD4200 onboard), it's better to wait

bippukt

In the zone
@shadowfax, regarding point 2:

this is why it is better to wait for 785G motherboard that use AM3 socket and DDR3 RAM and are considered a worthy option. With them just around the corner (also come with HD4200 onboard), it's better to wait

Hmm...that sounds sweet to me as I will be upgrading my PC as well. I would wait if it were at all possible.

As for the mouse, go for what Shadowfax says. I still insist that if you are going to spend 1900 on Razer mouse, better spend a few more and get the Death Adder. You can only understand when you have used it :D

Also, I didn't hear you talk about a mouse pad. A good mouse will not live up to its full potential without a good mouse pad. You don't have to spend 1400 on a mouse pad, though. A few hundred bucks would net you a decent one. Of course, if you don't play shooting games where aim matters, all this is academic :p

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
mousepad:

i saw Steeleseries mousepads for some 700 to 800 bucks in SP Road.

else

get a decent mouse and a Microsoft XBOX 360 controller for windows (1000 bucks maybe)

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
few i7's are coming for LGA1156 X38 motherboards. But again they will be costlier than i7 920

if you want i7, you better get i7 920 or 940 with X58 now as Intel is going to stop their production.

Shadowfax2009

Wandering around
@ desiibond

Yes boss as always U R correct !! If one is planning for a low to midrange system ......WAIT till October. Prices will be driven down by 4 things, I think

1. Processor war: i3/i5 launch ....will put AMD in a tighter position ...resulting in price war of AMD and intel.

2. Motherboard war: AMDs own cheap but great 785 chipset motherboard series (with AM3 socket and DDR3 RAM) will be out.

AMD AM3 socket will mature with DDR3 RAM and cheaper options will be available even in 790gx/fx series.

Nvidia will introduce AMD AM3 SLI motherboard giving more competition to AMD motherboards

3. RAM war:

As per grapevine news from my dealer friend .... DDR3 RAM prices are artificially high in India till stocks of older 1033 RAM gets out of market ...They are supposed to come to DDR2 prices by October

4. Grafix Card war:

With DX 11 round in September prepare for a new series from both AMD and Nvidia (Both GT300 and RV .. are said to miles ahead of their predessors.) So even if the new cardsare too costly the old cards will be pushed down in price range further.

RARELY U SEE SUCH ALL TOGETHER PLATFORM CHANGE. SO WAITING WILL SAVE U ATLEAST 10K - 15K.

On other hand for i7 system the time to build is now. (I dont need to explain it to U boss)

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
True. This is a huge architectural shift.

1) new processor platform form AMD and ATI
2) dx11 GPUs
3) DDR3
4) USB 3.0
5) SATA 3.0
6) windows 7 and 64-bit
7) Highdef

Gonna be truly exciting!!!

OP
L

letmein

Broken In
Okay, guys, I'll take your advice and wait a couple of months. I'm sorry if I wasted your time with this tread. Thanks for all the help. I'll be back in late October. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom