New PC needed for Share market trading

drkarth

Broken In
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')

Ans: Share market trading. From 9 am to 3:30pm everyday.

Games: fritz chess

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.

Ans:30,000 to 35,000

3. Planning to overclock?

Ans: No

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?

Ans: Windows

5. How much hard drive space is needed?

Ans: 1 TB

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.

Ans: 18.5 inches. (Regarding resolution I don’t know which will be apt for me. Screen will be like excel sheet with numbers all day.)

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?

Ans: UPS

8. When are you planning to buy the system?

Ans: Immediate

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?

Ans: To be done by assembler

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?

Ans: Tamilnadu. Going to buy locally. Will buy online if recommended.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Most important thing for online trading is a good stable internet connection. Another advice I would give is to stay away from win 10 for such a system unless you know enough to use a "specific version of win 10" & disable all the auto update features. Better to stick with win 7 or even 8.1 as there is a bypass tool available to install & update win 7/8.1 even on latest hardware(officially microsoft support only win 10 on latest hardware).

Minion

Conversation Architect
AMD Ryzen 3 2200G APU-7,700
MSI B450M-PRO VDH-6,800
CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3000MHz C16 Memory Kit - Black (CMK8GX4M1D3000C16)-5,000
KINGSTON A400 240GB-2,900
CORSAIR CX450-3,500
CORSAIR 100R Black-2,800
BENQ GW2270H-6,800

Total:35.5k

I didn't add a 1 TB mechanical drive because the are slow and noisy instead I have added a SSD

Randy_Marsh

Youngling
Most important thing for online trading is a good stable internet connection. Another advice I would give is to stay away from win 10 for such a system unless you know enough to use a "specific version of win 10" & disable all the auto update features. Better to stick with win 7 or even 8.1 as there is a bypass tool available to install & update win 7/8.1 even on latest hardware(officially microsoft support only win 10 on latest hardware).

Not sure if the trading website(s) would still 100% support windows 7 though.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
A heads up: it seems that 2200/2400g will have stability issues with win 7/8.1 even with bypass tool allowing windows updates to run. Intel system/8th gen will have a better chance with win 7 than 2200/2400g.

Website support does not depend on OS but browser.Only software require OS support.

billubakra

Conversation Architect

Sorry for the offtopic question, but why avoid 10 if someone is into share trading and stuff?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Because of its "out of the blue" updates. If you are not using "specific version" & not using "specific tools" to block all updates you never know when something updates in the background & system start having issues in the middle of something important.Now for typical works that is not an issue but imagine doing trading with a lakh rupees on certain stocks with rapidly fluctuating market & in the middle of placing orders the system crash.

nac

Aspiring Novelist
I have been using Win 10 for about 2 months now. Unless I click restart, it doesn't restart on its own.

@OP,
18" would be small. Unless you're gonna be running multi monitor setup, go for at least 22" monitor. What Minion suggested is a decent build (don't know about the monitor though), esp. for in this budget for running Fritz.
If you wanna go Intel way, you can go for i3 8100 and it would cost about 2k more.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^Which win 10 version & which 3rd party tool to disable auto updates(& how much time it is connected to net with what connection speed)?

OP
drkarth

drkarth

Broken In
MSI B450M-PRO VDH-6,800
CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3000MHz C16 Memory Kit - Black (CMK8GX4M1D3000C16)-5,000
CORSAIR CX450-3,500
CORSAIR 100R Black-2,800
BENQ GW2270H-6,800

I didn't add a 1 TB mechanical drive because the are slow and noisy instead I have added a SSD

Thank you.

OP
drkarth

drkarth

Broken In
A heads up: it seems that 2200/2400g will have stability issues with win 7/8.1 even with bypass tool allowing windows updates to run. Intel system/8th gen will have a better chance with win 7 than 2200/2400g.

Website support does not depend on OS but browser.Only software require OS support.

Shall i go with AMD or intel

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Your choice,if you have some experience with win 10 pro & like it then you can go with ryzen.You can use this to disable automatic updates on win 10 wumt.zip use the x64 file as you will be installing 64bit win 10 pro.

For AV I suggest avira free version.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Shall i go with AMD or intel
AMD provides you the best bang for the buck in your budget. Better CPU and better GPU as well.

I'd suggest getting 16GB (2*8) RAM straight away. 8GB does not cut anymore if you open a lot of web browser tabs.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
AMD provides you the best bang for the buck in your budget. Better CPU and better GPU as well.

I'd suggest getting 16GB (2*8) RAM straight away. 8GB does not cut anymore if you open a lot of web browser tabs.
True but with a condition,win 10 is the only choice then. The integrated graphics driver of ryzen G processors does not play well with win 7 as per many online posts & there are reports coming that MS is going to lock down the "consumer versions" of win 10(home & pro) even more to make it even harder to stop automatic updates. This means using gfx card with 7/8.1 or using "non-consumer versions" with some 3rd party tools.

P.S. above assuming person intend to use windows not linux.

shreeux

Movie Buff
True but with a condition,win 10 is the only choice then. The integrated graphics driver of ryzen G processors does not play well with win 7 as per many online posts & there are reports coming that MS is going to lock down the "consumer versions" of win 10(home & pro) even more to make it even harder to stop automatic updates. This means using gfx card with 7/8.1 or using "non-consumer versions" with some 3rd party tools.

P.S. above assuming person intend to use windows not linux.

Finally, which version of Windows OS will work with Ryzen G Processor perfectly.

OP
drkarth

drkarth

Broken In
MSI B450M-PRO VDH-6,800
CORSAIR CX450-3,500
CORSAIR 100R Black-2,800
BENQ GW2270H-6,800

Bought above configuration for 39,500.

Top Bottom