New PC for work and gaming - Budget 75,000

Xanjay

Right off the assembly line
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.' Vague answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work.)
Ans: I will be using the system for work and games. I would be using Software such as Autocad, Revit, 3DMax, Aodbe Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver and MS Office. I would be playing Games such as GTA, Skyrim, Destiny 2, Counter Strike, Assassins creed, Need For Speed

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then please mention.
Ans: I am looking at a budget of 75,000. I am willing to go a little more for a balanced configuration

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: Yes

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows 10

5. How much hard drive / solid-state drive space is needed?
Ans: Want to start with 250 GB SSD and expand as when required

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention the screen size and resolution you prefer. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, then do mention the screen size and resolution of the monitor you have.
Ans: Yes. I must buy a monitor. I am considering 24 inch. I am willing to go to 27 inch if budget permits

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy? i.e. which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: I will have to buy all components

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: I want to buy the system by the end of June

9. Have you ever built a desktop before? Or, will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: I have not built a desktop before. I would love to try.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: I live in Chennai. I am however open to buying stuff online.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans:

I tried setting up a configuration on my own and screwed up. It is way over my budget. I don’t know it which one of the components are over specked and which of the components can be down sized. I can share the Specification with you below.

• Processor - AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 5 5600X Desktop Processor 6 cores 12 Threads 35 MB Cache 3.7 GHz Upto 4.6 GHz AM4 Socket 500 Series Chipset (100-100000065BOX) (I would Prefer AMD to Intel)
  • Mother board - GIGABYTE B550 Gaming X Motherboard with Digital VRM Solution, PCIe 4.0/3.0 x4 M.2, RGB Fusion 2.0
  • Graphics Card - GIGABYTE Nvidia GeForce RTX™ 3060 Vision OC 12GB GDDR6 Graphics Card (GV-N3060VISION OC-12GD
  • Hard disk - Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) (MZ-V7S500)
  • RAM - Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (1x16GB) DDR4 3600MHz C18 Desktop Memory Black
  • Fans - Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML240L RGB V2, Close-Loop AIO CPU Liquid Cooler, 3rd Gen Dual Chamber Pump, Dual SickleFlow 120mm for AMD Ryzen/Intel LGA 1200/1151 (MLW-D24M-A18PC-R2)
  • Cabinet + Power Supply - Corsair CV 650 PSU with Corsair iCUE 465X Case
  • Monitor - LG 27GN750 - LG Ultragear 27" 240Hz, 1ms,
  • Mouse - Corsair Katar Pro Ultra-Light Optical Gaming Mouse,
  • Keyboard - Corsair K55 RGB Gaming Keyboard

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
If you can wait then wait until gpu prices come down else see if your software can utilize processor enough to drop graphics card for now which I think should be possible(for games you will have to compromise though).

aby geek

Cyborg Agent
Get a quote for a custom pc from ant pc, volted pc, smcinternational or mvp gaming. You might only get 3500 and 1650 config.
3060 configs start from 127k. 5600x also starts near that price. 5600x with 3060 advanced is 145k on volted pc

Lenovo g5 3700x and 10700 systems both have 2060.
Amd variant is 86000 on Lenovo website and the intel one is 96k on flipkart.
The main gripe is these unit have a 380w smps.

These systems that are already out of your budget will shoot up more when adding a monitor.

Overall best rig to buy right now is the helios 300 2021 at 106k.

So either you will have to stretch the budget or consider ryzen g processor based system.

OP
X

Xanjay

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.' Vague answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work.)
Ans: I will be using the system for work and games. I would be using Software such as Autocad, Revit, 3DMax, Aodbe Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver and MS Office. I would be playing Games such as GTA, Skyrim, Destiny 2, Counter Strike, Assassins creed, Need For Speed

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then please mention.
Ans: I am looking at a budget of 75,000. I am willing to go a little more for a balanced configuration

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: Yes

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows 10

5. How much hard drive / solid-state drive space is needed?
Ans: Want to start with 250 GB SSD and expand as when required

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention the screen size and resolution you prefer. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, then do mention the screen size and resolution of the monitor you have.
Ans: Yes. I must buy a monitor. I am considering 24 inch. I am willing to go to 27 inch if budget permits

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy? i.e. which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: I will have to buy all components

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: I want to buy the system by the end of June

9. Have you ever built a desktop before? Or, will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: I have not built a desktop before. I would love to try.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: I live in Chennai. I am however open to buying stuff online.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans:

I tried setting up a configuration on my own and screwed up. It is way over my budget. I don’t know it which one of the components are over specked and which of the components can be down sized. I can share the Specification with you below.

• Processor - AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 5 5600X Desktop Processor 6 cores 12 Threads 35 MB Cache 3.7 GHz Upto 4.6 GHz AM4 Socket 500 Series Chipset (100-100000065BOX) (I would Prefer AMD to Intel)
  • Mother board - GIGABYTE B550 Gaming X Motherboard with Digital VRM Solution, PCIe 4.0/3.0 x4 M.2, RGB Fusion 2.0
  • Graphics Card - GIGABYTE Nvidia GeForce RTX™ 3060 Vision OC 12GB GDDR6 Graphics Card (GV-N3060VISION OC-12GD
  • Hard disk - Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) (MZ-V7S500)
  • RAM - Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (1x16GB) DDR4 3600MHz C18 Desktop Memory Black
  • Fans - Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML240L RGB V2, Close-Loop AIO CPU Liquid Cooler, 3rd Gen Dual Chamber Pump, Dual SickleFlow 120mm for AMD Ryzen/Intel LGA 1200/1151 (MLW-D24M-A18PC-R2)
  • Cabinet + Power Supply - Corsair CV 650 PSU with Corsair iCUE 465X Case
  • Monitor - LG 27GN750 - LG Ultragear 27" 240Hz, 1ms,
  • Mouse - Corsair Katar Pro Ultra-Light Optical Gaming Mouse,
  • Keyboard - Corsair K55 RGB Gaming Keyboard
I am able to get a Mother board and a Processor. The specs are given below. Can you please suggest a Graphics Card, Cooler and a Cabinet.

Processor : Intel i9-9900 8 core 16 Thread 3.1 Ghz
Mother Board : Gigabyte Z390 Designare

Thanks

aby geek

Cyborg Agent
Have you already bought them? If not don't bother because there is no graphic card in the market. You should wait till July 1st week.

The cheapest 1660 super is 36k and the cheapest 3060 is 57k.

*www.tibgstore.co.in/product/zotac-rtx-3070-octrinity-oc/

This is the only store I see cards in stock.

If you want a system now you might have to go with a ryzen g based config.

OP
X

Xanjay

Have you already bought them? If not don't bother because there is no graphic card in the market. You should wait till July 1st week.

The cheapest 1660 super is 36k and the cheapest 3060 is 57k.

*www.tibgstore.co.in/product/zotac-rtx-3070-octrinity-oc/

This is the only store I see cards in stock.

If you want a system now you might have to go with a ryzen g based config.
I am salvaging the parts from a friends PC. Should be getting it in a week.

OP
X

Xanjay

sp the mention 75K budget is for GPU, cabinet and cooler?
what else you in need in this 75K budget
Now that I have managed the CPU and the MB. will require help on
GPU
Cabinet
Cooler
Monitor
SSD
RAM
SMPS power supply.
Budget of 75k excludes MB and processor

Top Bottom