New PC for Running Photoshop, CorelDraw , Illustrator, Aftereffects, Premierepro, Blender & 3ds max

billamama

In the zone
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.' Vague answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work.)

Ans: Photoshop, CorelDraw/Illustrator, Aftereffects, Premiere pro, Blender & 3ds max, Animate/Krita For DTP, Promo video creation, Ad & Event Video creation, Animation (2d/3d)

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then please mention.

Ans: 45k (can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration)

3. Planning to overclock?

Ans: No

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows

5. How much hard drive / solid-state drive space is needed?
Ans: 3 (owned)

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention the screen size and resolution you prefer. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, then do mention the screen size and resolution of the monitor you have.
Ans: syncmaster 2033 (20 inches)

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy? i.e. which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: Hdd & SSD, VS450 (if goes with new config), Antec Cooling Fan, wacom tablet

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: max Jan2021

9. Have you ever built a desktop before? Or, will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: yes build by watching manual (basic power, usb connectors)

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Kolkata Suburb (no problem with online buy)

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: with my previous config my work became very sluggish, frequent freezing, restart, lengthy rendering time. I want a config that ensures free flowing and fast workflow.

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
What's your previous configuration? Maybe something else can also be salvaged from that. Some of the programs you listed benefit from GPU acceleration while some don't so it's a tougher nut to crack balancing your CPU and GPU. I'm assuming this is strictly for work, so a lower-end quadro may also be an option.

CPU - Intel i3 10100 - 9.9k

Mobo - MSI H410M Pro-VH - 5.6k (it has M.2 SSD slot)

RAM - 1x8GB DDR4 2666+MHz - 2.3k*

GPU - Zotac GTX 1650 Super - 15k

SSD - Kingston A400 120GB 2.5″ - 1.8k

HDD - WD/Seagate 1TB 7200RPM - 3.2k

PSU - Gigabyte P550B 80+ Bronze - 3.5k

Cabinet - Corsair SPEC 05 or other mid tower ATX - 3k

Total - 44.3k

*Get 2666MHz RAM but sometimes higher freq RAM is cheaper. Say a 3000MHz RAM will underclock & run at 2666.

R3 3100 seems OOS, otherwise:
CPU - AMD R3 3100 - 8.5k (no iGPU)
Mobo - Gigabyte B450 DS3H - 7k

Check primeabgb, mdcomputers, theitdepot, vedant computers, onlyssd (online stores as well) for PC parts at a good price, sometimes even amazon. Visit the shops near Chandini mertro, md & vedant are located there.

What's your old GPU? If its working, use that & jump to i5 10400 for 15k, will save some money as well. Can use the saved 10k + some to get a good colour calibrated display.

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Though rig could use dGPU I am giving that a least priority here (4650G rig would be my pick) as you have very tight budget or you can spend a little more and get 10400F+1650S.

~ 40k..............| ~50k.............................| 45k
Ryzen 4650G....| i5 10400F............................| Ryzen 3100
B550M Pro 4....| B460M Pro VDH Wifi......| B450M Pro4
..............................| 1650 Super.........................| 1650 Super

3200Mhz (or higher) DDR4 2 x 8GB
MWE 450 Bronze V2 (If your VS450 is working fine and good and it's not too old, you can use that)
Corsair Spec 01
Logitech KB/Mouse Combo

Last edited:

aby geek

Cyborg Agent
I checked out 4650g reviews and some suggested it fluctuates between 3300x and 3600 with gpu.
4750g could be explored but I haven't seen anyone listing that.
Wouldn't 3500x suffice for now and op can pop in a 5600 when it releases next year.
I am listing two smc rigs here for the sake of comparison, but are all components used here reliable?

Hades A4650G | SMC International

*smcinternational.in/product/hades-a3550x/

The os is trial in these so they can only be a basis of discussion not proper PC to buy unless one already has a copy of OS or plans on using linux.

Last edited:

nac

Aspiring Novelist
It's on par with R5. It costs the same and has iGPU.
3500X doesn't look like a value option now.

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
I checked out 4650g reviews and some suggested it fluctuates between 3300x and 3600 with gpu.
4750g could be explored but I haven't seen anyone listing that.
Wouldn't 3500x suffice for now and op can pop in a 5600 when it releases next year.
I am listing two smc rigs here for the sake of comparison, but are all components used here reliable?

The os is trial in these so they can only be a basis of discussion not proper PC to buy unless one already has a copy of OS or plans on using linux.
Windows 10 can be found for pretty low prices (compared to MRP) on Amazon nowadays, and OP did say he can stretch his 45k budget. Alternatively there are 3rd party key sellers who have them for cheap (no I don't mean volume licensing keys).

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Windows 10 can be found for pretty low prices (compared to MRP) on Amazon nowadays, and OP did say he can stretch his 45k budget. Alternatively there are 3rd party key sellers who have them for cheap (no I don't mean volume licensing keys).
Windows 10 can be used without activation as well. There is no need to give money away for possibly stolen keys.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member

The PSU could be better. I don't recommend adding a discrete GPU with it. For the "integrated GPU only" config, it should be fine.

RAM = 3600 MHz would have been great for the config with only integrated GPU. 3000 MHz is just shy of what people typically recommend (3200 MHz).

Motherboard is great in both.

The AData SU650 SSD is lacks DRAM-based write buffer. So, it is not recommended.

aby geek

Cyborg Agent
Since gpus arent available you could go with pc builders. This is a pre built config but you can place a custom order too.

*www.voltedpc.in/delta-class-2-ryzen-5-3600-rtx-2060-advance-

Though I am not aware of the psu used in this.

I've extended my budget up to 1.00,000/-
What options are there now?
Sadly a very bad time compared to Dec or early Jan, especially for buying a GPU. 20k GTX 1660S is 45k+ now.

CPU - Intel i7 11700 - 31.5k*

Mobo - MSI Z490 A Pro - 15.5k**

Cooler - ARCTIC Freezer 34 Esports Duo - 4.4k***

RAM - 2x8GB DDR4 3600MHz - 7.5k

GPU - Intel HD for now (save money for next 6+ months & get a 20-25k GPU, maybe RTX 3050Ti ?)

M.2 SSD - WD SN550/Kingston A2000 500GB - 5k

HDD - Yours

PSU - Gigabyte P650B 650W Bronze - 4k

Cabinet - Lian Li 215 - 5.6k

Monitor - BenQ GW2480 24" 1080p IPS - 10k

Total - 83.5k

* i9 10850K at 36.5k is a step up for multicore workload although i7 11700 has better single-core performance which is useful in lightly threaded work like Photoshop.

** Make sure it has BIOS updated to support Intel 11th gen. Otherwise, get Asus TUF B560M Plus for 12.8k. This TUF lacks overclocking support like Z series (I didn't include a CPU with OC support), but that Z490 has better VRMs which will help when you let the CPU run loose by removing its 65W TDP cap (most mobo does it by default or have an option in BIOS, check it). That i7 11700 will run at about 120W+ when let loose at max CPU workload. At 100W+, bad VRMs might limit performance.

*** Noctua NH D15 at 8k is a step up

Check primeabgb, mdcomputers, theitdepot, vedant computers, onlyssd (online stores) for PC parts at a good price.

Top Bottom