New PC for Gaming & Video Editing @ 1.5L

edurgesh

Journeyman
Hello friends,

We need your help to finalize a PC config for one of my nephew mainly for gaming and editing gaming videos.

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.' Vague answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work.)
Ans: Gaming mainly on LG 42" 4K OLED TV. Games: FIFA 23, God of War Ragnarok, Horizon Forbidden West, etc. Software: Adobe Photoshop & After Effects.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then please mention.
Ans: 1.5 Lakh approx. may cross slightly if really needed.

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: No

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows 10/11

5. How much hard drive / solid-state drive space is needed?
Ans: 1TB SSD & 1 TB HDD. Already have another 8TB external HDD.

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention the screen size and resolution you prefer. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, then do mention the screen size and resolution of the monitor you have.
Ans: No

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy? i.e. which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: OLED TV will be used as a monitor for now.

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: Within a week or two.

9. Have you ever built a desktop before? Or, will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: Will be assembled by an assembler.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Lucknow, but sometimes he travels to Delhi, so can get something from there; online is also fine.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: Keyboard, mouse & monitor not required. But include a suitable UPS.

Thanks a lot! :)

*pcpricetracker.in/b/s/43755d62-3f85-4256-aa42-0b67353f75b3

166k build because I tried to include 4070Ti for 4K gaming. Can save 10k by opting for R5 7600 if gaming is the primary usage & video editing will be minimal.

GPU wise, below 4070Ti, you can find 6800XT at under 60k, which is a good deal. If 6800XT's performance seems satisfactory, can opt that to save money.

Add 2nd 16GB RAM stick later on or if going for 6800XT, get the 2nd stick.

GPU high end 4K 2023.png

OP
E

edurgesh

Journeyman
166k build because I tried to include 4070Ti for 4K gaming. Can save 10k by opting for R5 7600 if gaming is the primary usage & video editing will be minimal.
Thank you so much for the prompt reply!

I'm sorry, I forgot to add in my first post that he had asked for 32 GB RAM. Anyway, I'll confirm with him once about the priority between gaming and video editing, then update here.

OP
E

edurgesh

Journeyman
Hello @omega44-xt, I checked with him and he said that video editing should be given priority over gaming, because he has already got a PS5 for gaming!

Now I think, we can get a little less powerful GPU, say 6800XT, and a better CPU like R7 7700 to complete the build. This should accommodate the 32GB RAM and UPS comfortably. Please also suggest a suitable UPS, at least 1KW.

Also, is it any good to get an Intel based PC because new Intel CPUs are quite powerful or the current AMD will be fine?

Thanks!

Hello @omega44-xt, I checked with him and he said that video editing should be given priority over gaming, because he has already got a PS5 for gaming!

Now I think, we can get a little less powerful GPU, say 6800XT, and a better CPU like R7 7700 to complete the build. This should accommodate the 32GB RAM and UPS comfortably. Please also suggest a suitable UPS, at least 1KW.

Also, is it any good to get an Intel based PC because new Intel CPUs are quite powerful or the current AMD will be fine?

Thanks!
If video editing is the priority, then drop AMD altogether. Intel is the way. 6800XT will suffice, just drop resolution to 1440p or use DLSS/FSR quality mode if native 4K rendering is too much for some game.

pcpricetracker.in/b/s/89307654-5818-4bf4-8805-be0f70bd98ee

Mobo might need BIOS upgrade to support 13th gen & that mobo supports BIOS flash w/o CPU installed. Newer manufactured units have newer BIOS pre-installed. But do keep this in mind.

I upgraded SSD. Also I put 1x32GB RAM as I heard 4x DDR5 RAM sticks have issues achieving high frequency. So upgrading to 64GB will be easy by just adding another stick & still having XMP at 6000MHz. Also that stick is CL30 vs CL40 found mostly, minor performance difference but it will be more common in future when you might decide to upgrade, like DDR4 3200MHz CL16 was bit high end in 2019 or so, but now is absolute minimum.
reddit.com/r/intel/comments/102b4vz/can_i_use_4_sticks_of_ddr5_on_13th_gen/

1679925946644.png

1679925785153.png

1679925809016.png

OP
E

edurgesh

Journeyman
If video editing is the priority, then drop AMD altogether. Intel is the way. 6800XT will suffice, just drop resolution to 1440p or use DLSS/FSR quality mode if native 4K rendering is too much for some game.
Thank you so much for compiling everything together and the detailed explanation! Really appreciate the efforts put to into this!!

This config look quite good; I'll convey this to him then let's see how to get those parts. First we will try to get locally, otherwise online option is always there. Btw, few parts are shown as Out of Stock; maybe we can find on some other websites.

Thanks!

Thank you so much for compiling everything together and the detailed explanation! Really appreciate the efforts put to into this!!

This config look quite good; I'll convey this to him then let's see how to get those parts. First we will try to get locally, otherwise online option is always there. Btw, few parts are shown as Out of Stock; maybe we can find on some other websites.

Thanks!
When I made the pcpricetracker link, those parts were in stock with the seller I selected. Click on the price to open it directly for the seller I selected. Among those, 6800XT is the most likely to get OOS. Ideally I will prefer MSI or Gigabyte 6800XT over Sapphire or Powercolor because of after sales, see what you can find.

Check with sellers here as well:
facebook.com/groups/akextacy

Some of them are old sellers with enough rep posts.

I will rate AsRock low for after sales as well though:
vedantcomputers.com/pc-components/graphics-cards/gpu/asrock-amd-radeon-rx-6900-xt-phantom-gaming-d-oc-16gb-gddr6-rx6900xt-pgd-16go?limit=100

OP
E

edurgesh

Journeyman
When I made the pcpricetracker link, those parts were in stock with the seller I selected. Click on the price to open it directly for the seller I selected. Among those, 6800XT is the most likely to get OOS. Ideally I will prefer MSI or Gigabyte 6800XT over Sapphire or Powercolor because of after sales, see what you can find.
Oh ok, that generally happens with fast moving components. I've already communicated the config details to my nephew; let's see if he can find something locally in Lucknow or Delhi, then only we will buy online.

Thank you!

Top Bottom