New PC for Education Purpose - Below 60K

shreeux

Movie Buff
I am posting this thread behalf of my friend daughter...Suggestion Welcome!!!

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.' Vague answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work.)

Ans: For purely Education purpose...Class +12...Also College in Future.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then please mention.

Ans: 50-60K

3. Planning to overclock?

Ans: NO

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?

Ans: Windows 10 or 11....Suggestion welcome

5. How much hard drive / solid-state drive space is needed?

Ans: For OS M.2 NVME
For storage SSD 1TB

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention the screen size and resolution you prefer. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, then do mention the screen size and resolution of the monitor you have.

Ans: 27inch...Resolution 1080 or 1440...Suggestion welcome

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy? i.e. which components you already have and plan on reusing?

Ans: NIL

8. When are you planning to buy the system?

Ans: Within 15 days

9. Have you ever built a desktop before? Or, will this be done by an assembler?

Ans: Will Done by Assembler

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?

Ans: Madurai

11. Anything else which you would like to say?

Ans: Future Proof with Good Warranty Period
Suggestion......2.0 Desktop Speaker

@omega44-xt
@Nerevarine
@TheSloth
@SaiyanGoku
@whitestar_999
@Zangetsu
@Desmond
@mitraark
@bssunilreddy
@quicky008

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
I think in 60K you can build a decent setup with
Intel processor
8/16GB RAM
450 W PSU
256GB SSD

1TB SSD HDD will be overkill for current requirement

In Laptop, they will use for anything now days...For Avoid that PC....You cant use other than education in middle of Home
Get a laptop unless she will go to a college near her home. Just a more practical option for long term.

I know most Indians parents think restricting stuff helps, but in my experience, it is mostly counter productive, just teaches the kid to lie & manipulate parents. I know many of my friends who do it. Also higher the rank of the college, less restrictive it is, even in India - I studied in an NIT & it had much less restrictions in general compared to my friends who studied in lower ranked private colleges, where they had 6pm curfews and what not. Those who have tendency to get "bad" by parents standards, will find ways to go around the parents no matter the restrictions. I even know girls who smoke cigarettes & their parents think them as angels.

Coming to topic:

pcpricetracker.in/b/s/61a8f878-974e-45f9-860f-8abc0fa28db0
47.6k for parts

SSD - Get this instead at 6.5k -
primeabgb.com/online-price-reviews-india/samsung-970-evo-plus-1tb-m-2-pcie-nvme-internal-ssd-mz-v7s1t0bw/

Monitor - 10k
amazon.in/Samsung-inch-Bezel-Flicker-Monitor-LF24T350FHWXXL/dp/B08J82K4GX

Total - under 60k

Speakers - amazon.in/CREATIVE-Pebble-Desktop-Speakers-Black/dp/B0791H74NT

OP
shreeux

shreeux

Movie Buff
Get a laptop unless she will go to a college near her home. Just a more practical option for long term.

I know most Indians parents think restricting stuff helps, but in my experience, it is mostly counter productive, just teaches the kid to lie & manipulate parents. I know many of my friends who do it. Also higher the rank of the college, less restrictive it is, even in India - I studied in an NIT & it had much less restrictions in general compared to my friends who studied in lower ranked private colleges, where they had 6pm curfews and what not. Those who have tendency to get "bad" by parents standards, will find ways to go around the parents no matter the restrictions. I even know girls who smoke cigarettes & their parents think them as angels.

Coming to topic:

pcpricetracker.in/b/s/61a8f878-974e-45f9-860f-8abc0fa28db0
47.6k for parts

SSD - Get this instead at 6.5k -
primeabgb.com/online-price-reviews-india/samsung-970-evo-plus-1tb-m-2-pcie-nvme-internal-ssd-mz-v7s1t0bw/

Monitor - 10k
amazon.in/Samsung-inch-Bezel-Flicker-Monitor-LF24T350FHWXXL/dp/B08J82K4GX

Total - under 60k

Speakers - amazon.in/CREATIVE-Pebble-Desktop-Speakers-Black/dp/B0791H74NT
Thanks for suggestion...

What about 27inch Monitor? not much price difference

Last edited:
Thanks for suggestion...

What about 27inch Monitor? not much price difference
1080p at 27" is said to have low ppi, 24" is good enough for most. I use that Samsung monitor at my parent's place. Better than Dell's 24" 1080p IPS monitor which i bought earlier, now being used as CCTV monitor.

OP
shreeux

shreeux

Movie Buff
1080p at 27" is said to have low ppi, 24" is good enough for most. I use that Samsung monitor at my parent's place. Better than Dell's 24" 1080p IPS monitor which i bought earlier, now being used as CCTV monitor.

Attachments

• Screenshot_1.png
    Screenshot_1.png
    400.3 KB · Views: 64

nac

Aspiring Novelist
You can fit these under 50k. 24" 1080p would be more than enough for the use case.

i3 12100
Asus H610M E
Corsair/Adata/Gskill/Hyperx 3200Mhz 16GB DDR4 C16
1TB 970 Evo +/SN570
CV450 80+ Bronze
Deepcool CC560
24" IPS Dell/Samsung/BenQ/LG
Logitech KB/Mouse combo

OP
shreeux

shreeux

Movie Buff
You can fit these under 50k. 24" 1080p would be more than enough for the use case.

i3 12100
Asus H610M E
Corsair/Adata/Gskill/Hyperx 3200Mhz 16GB DDR4 C16
1TB 970 Evo +/SN570
CV450 80+ Bronze
Deepcool CC560
24" IPS Dell/Samsung/BenQ/LG
Logitech KB/Mouse combo
Thanks...will check with them:smile:

Top Bottom