New Nvidia Windows Vista Driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart
NVIDIA issues a new driver today, build 169.25 beta for Windows Vista 32- & 64-bit.

BETA driver for GeForce 6, 7, and 8 series GPUs.

* Added support for NVIDIA 3-way SLI Technology.
* Added support for GeForce 8800 GTS 512 GPU.
* Recommended driver for the latest DirectX 9, DirectX 10, and OpenGL applications.
* Numerous game and application compatibility fixes. Please refer to the release documentation for more information on features, driver fixes, and known issues.

Download Vista 32-Bit

Download Vista 64-Bit

andy_65_in

Padawan
hi friends im a newbie with computers.
1.have a compaq presario v 3000 lapop 120 gb, 1gb ram, amd turion 64 2.2 ghz with nvidia geforcego 6150 card and Direct x10 with vista 32 bit home basic as OEM preinstall.tried to play three old combat sims rated for window 95/98 with direct x 6,7 and 8 configuration viz Janes USAF,F15,WW II fighters and novalogic COMANCHE GOLD but none of these get installled in my laptop except the ww ii fighters which thereafter freezes the game a numbr of times in between.

2. what iwish to know is of the following software what can i downlload and install to improve my gaming performance/vista performance:-

a.nvidia forceware 163.75
b.nvidia forceware 169.21
c. vista hotfix which one geforce sli type or geforce only type
d.microsft direct x SDK Nov 2007 version
e.microsft direct x end user
f.microsoft runtime web installer nov 07 version.

3. please pardon my technical ignrance i am only keen to improve my vista gaming capability as also some performance of the vista as a whole. are there any patch files vailaible for all these abovmentoned combat sims/games which may help them run on vista home basic 32 bit. thanks.andy

OP
H

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart
Newer drivers won't help with older games.
Some of the vista fixes are for SLI performance improvement only some for better memory management and some for better DirectX performance.
Check this page for hotfixes and their details-
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=74145

andy_65_in

Padawan
hI HARVIK which be the cheapest or lets say the most economical gaming rig(correct me if i am wrong) avaialible in the USA. i can requet my brother who is there to bring something which will at least run most of the non vista games( the VISTA remains a real pain).seeking ur xpert advise .
thanks andy

OP
H

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart
^^Here you go
Mobo - Asus P5N-E SLI(Least for SLI Support and is cheap)$129.99
GFX card - Geforce 8800 GT 512MB (very cheap but a good performer),$313.00
Audio - Onboard
Hard drive - 320 GB SATA II,$84.99
Power Supply - OCZ GameXStream 700W,$109.99
Memory - OCZ Technology 2GB PC2-6400 DDR2(800Mhz),$65.00
Processor - Core 2 Quad Q6600 ,$322.00
I'll let u choose the optical drives and UPS,keyboard & cabinet monitor ect.
Choose a good monitor and UPS say 19" or above monitor and 650VA + UPS.

Sum Total - $1024.97 or Rs 41000 approx(INR).

Alternately post in this thread of Choto for more queries
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=71700

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom