New Monitor - 17" LCD / 19" Flat CRT

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajittalwar

Broken In
Am planning to buy a new monitor. Could i get your views please.
Primary Applications - Excell Worksheets, Movies, PCTv and Games like AOE.
Thanks.

mohit

The Hardware Labs
17" LCD makes more sense to me .. get something like the Samsung 740N and u can play games very comfortably on it due the 8ms response time. and ya u will get a laser printer free with it too and not to mention about the good power savings in your monthly bill due to lesser power consumption of a tft. a 19"CRT will be a power hog. and one more benefit of a tft is it will be easier on ur eyes :)

OP
A

ajittalwar

Broken In
am a little charry about the viewing angle of an LCD since i watch my tv on the comp. do you think thats an issue.

mohit

The Hardware Labs
viewing angle shudnt be a problem .. but still it wont be as good as a crt anyday. i suggest u see a demo of the lcd n decide.

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.
ajittalwar said:
am looking at viewsonic - VA712 (8 ms response time). any good or bad experience?

price quoted 14000 + taxes.

Viewsonic's support in India is extremely poor whereas Samsung has dedicated service centers in most of the cities/towns. Also in my opinion, VA712 isn't as good as Samsung 740N.. it wasn't as good as my 710N which I bought about an year ago either.

Response Time plays an important part, but anything below 16 ms should be just fine for your needs. Samsung is the best bet for LCDs atleast in India.

mohit

The Hardware Labs
hey there is a new viewsonic model out .. VX724 17" and its with 3ms response time and a 500:1 contrast ratio and 300 nits brightness .. i think this one is amazing. do consider it for your purchase.

OP
A

ajittalwar

Broken In
the vx724 retails at 18000 and the 3ms is gray to gray.
the va712 retails at 14000 and has a 8ms tr/tf response time.
i'am told, and i belive, viewsonic is a better brand. my experience with samsung has'nt been very good.
HCL provides the support for viewsonic here.
i guess iam going to go for the va712.
thanks.

OP
A

ajittalwar

Broken In
va712 rocks. i've spent yesterday playing aoe, call of duty, watching movies and tv. performance is nothing short of super.

mav3r1ck

Broken In
congrats you've made the right choice, sony viewsonic is the best whether in LCD/TFT or CRT monitors. go for it.

adios!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom