New mobo + cpu + ram

rahulbasu

Broken In
My 6 years old Intel DH67CL mobo with a i5-2500k processor and 2x4GB G-Skill NT DDR3 1333 Mhz died, can't be fixed. In general, I was happy with it.

I'm happy with the rest of the spec. Have a new PSU (Corsair VS550), SSD, HDD, DVD-R, CM Elite 311 cabinet, Monitor, Keyboard, Mouse, Webcam, etc.

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run?
Ans: No games. Some Handbrake / video editing, google earth / GIS would seem to be the maximum load. Chrome also takes up tons of CPU as I have zillions of tabs.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: 25k?

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: No

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows 10

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: NA - have enough

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: Have an Acer S221HQL 21.5" LED monitor. Takes VGA, HDMI, DVI

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: As much as possible. Avoid waste.

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: Now

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: Yes, have built this desktop

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Online

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: Would like lots of USB ports. I'd like something solid that will last. Thanks in advance

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
AMD RYZEN 3 2200G APU Series Desktop Processor With Wraith Stealth Cooling Solution - (Radeon Vega 8 Graphics, 4 Core, Up To 3.7 GHz, AM4 Socket, 6MB Cache)
ASUS PRIME B450M-A Motherboard (Amd Socket AM4/Ryzen 2nd Gen Series CPU/Max 64GB DDR4-3200MHz Memory)
CORSAIR CMK8GX4M1D3000C16 Desktop Ram Vengeance Lpx Series - 8GB (8GBx1) DDR4 3000MHz
CORSAIR SMPS CX450 - 450 WATT 80 PLUS BRONZE CERTIFICATION ATX PSU WITH ACTIVE PFC
*www.onlyssd.com/product/kingston-a400-120gb-ssd/

Total ~27.5k but will give you a long lasting system.Suggesting psu because I am assuming you were using same usual(aka not top tier) psu for 6 years now & suggesting ssd because that makes a day & night difference in overall user experience of using pc when compared to hdd.

Minion

Conversation Architect
AMD Ryzen 5 1600-12,000(Better than 2400/2200 for video encoding)
MSI B350M PRO-VDH-6,700
Adata 8GB DDR4 AX4U240038G16-SRZ-5,800
Zotac GT 710 2GB DDR3-3,000

Total 27.5k

Top Bottom