New laptop required

xzibit21

Broken In
1) What is your budget? (INR or USD)
60k to 70k( flexible)

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?

Mainstream; 15" - 16"

3) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
a. Like: Lenovo, dell, Samsung, hp
b. Dislike: Sony vaio

4) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?
Gaming ( FPS games mostly like cod, bf, crysis3 etc.), 3d modelling ( catia, solid works, autodesk inventor etc. )

5) What screen resolution(s) & type (glossy/matte) would you prefer?

Hd, full Hd preferably matte

6) Anything else you would like to say? (eg: local purchase, ASS,matte/glossy finish)
Local purchase preferred.

Processor wanted - i7 with at least 8gb of ram and 2gb gpu
I've considered the following laptops -
1 - Samsung np550p5c-s05
2 - Lenovo y500
3 - Lenovo y510p
4 - dell inspiring 15r

If I have missed some good rivals to these then pls suggest them. Also I'm looking to get some kind of a students discount if available. Also what price should I ask the dealer for respective laptops.

Akash Nandi

Journeyman
Y500 if u want to play all games maxed out.
however, Y510p gives you FULL HD screen and a slightly faster processor. You wont be able to max out the games though.

in all other respects, they are the same!

Advantages of Y510p over Y500:
- Better CPU (4th gen i7 vs 3rd gen i7)
- Better GPU (GT755M vs GT750M, not much difference though)
- Full HD vs HD(1366x768) screen

OP
X

xzibit21

Broken In
Yeah the budget might be a problem. It's flexible but the cheaper the laptop the better. How does np550 fair among these? Is it worth the money?

Akash Nandi

Journeyman
Yeah the budget might be a problem. It's flexible but the cheaper the laptop the better. How does np550 fair among these? Is it worth the money?

man... just get the y510p if possible, its VFM! it blows out the np550. If u cant, then atleast get the y500.

However, np550 is a decent laptop. Its past its prime though!

OP
X

xzibit21

Broken In
hi guys

finally i have come down to two final choices - asus k55vm and samsung np550p5c-s05in
I have to go for a cheaper alternative :|. So please suggest between these two. From what ive read about the asus k55vm it seems it has a lot of heating issues. Also is samsung customer service good and how is their after sale response ?

Akash Nandi

Journeyman
hi guys

finally i have come down to two final choices - asus k55vm and samsung np550p5c-s05in
I have to go for a cheaper alternative :|. So please suggest between these two. From what ive read about the asus k55vm it seems it has a lot of heating issues. Also is samsung customer service good and how is their after sale response ?

samsung customer care is bad.
but the s05 is better than k55

OP
X

xzibit21

Broken In
Bought a y500 yesterday. : ) . Haven't played any games yet. The laptop is a finger print magnet and the optical drive feels quite delicate.

Top Bottom