New Laptop @ Lamington Road

alphenyx

Right off the assembly line
Hi,
I am planning to buy a new laptop around 40K. My usage requirements are

1) Heavy Browsing
2) Image editing applications -> Photoshop, Indesign, etc
3) Hardcore Gaming
4) HD Video playback is an added advantage.

Based on this i decided to go for a laptop with

1) 3rd Gen i5/i7 or AMD APU 8/10
2) 1.5 or 2GB Graphics
3) 6 or 8 GB RAM
4) 320 or 500 GB Hard disk
5) Windows 8 (only because it has good battery mgmt else I can stay with Win 7 also)
6) USB 3.0

Which brand should i go and why. My Budget is around 40K

Also I went across to check Lamington Road.
Three shops there claimed the following configuration at around 30-35K (Including SONY brand)

1) 3rd Gen i7
2) 2GB Graphics
3) 8 GB RAM
4) 1TB HDD
5) Win 8 Genuine
6) Company Warranty

The brands they promised where Sony/DELL/HP

Are those configurations genuine? Can i purchase from those shops without any worry? Can anyone guide me into buying me a new laptop?

TIA

aniket.b

Right off the assembly line
Hi,

Also I went across to check Lamington Road.
Three shops there claimed the following configuration at around 30-35K (Including SONY brand)

TIA

I have heard from a couple of people that some sellers at lamington road promise unbelievably low prices and slip in lower configs in that price, without the buyer knowing (like sell pentium dual core, calling it i3, or swapping the factory installed RAM). I've never myself bought anything from there, so dont know how true that is. So be careful.

SlashDK

MV VIP to the MAX
Agreed with aniket. For that price an i7 seems really fishy. If the graphics card is anywhere near decent (even for running old games), it would have cost at least 45k. You can go to dell's website and see the price of selected models to get a basic idea. Most retailers would usually offer similiar price.

And 'Company Warranty' can have loads of meanings. Some companies like dell offer accident protection in their mid to high range laptops, meaning that even if you damage it during the warranty period, they'll still replace it.

I'd say look at Dell/HP/Lenovo, Sony is usually overpriced and gives trouble with RMA.

$hadow

Geek in making
Such deals are really fishy and always results in loss of big amount and i7 irrespective of gen will cost more than 50k. Better make sure before spending your hard earned money.

please dont buy frm lamington ..i was tricked ..after purchasing i noticed my config was changed ... they are very clever ..i would prefer u too buy from flipkart or ebay or snapdeal ...

i went to purchase hp pav g6-2005ax the actual price is 34k on flipkart and a dealer frm lamington was ready to give me in just 27k (dey smartly changed the config ... i.e dey wer giving me a much lesser version processor n ram ) ...dey will confuse u with lots of unneccessary things..

if u r buying a pc frm lamington its much easier ..but for laptop ...i would say no or u hav to be a hardware expert ..

i would recommend u to either buy hp or any laptops with gives u onsite warranty

Top Bottom