New Laptop buying suggestion ~25K

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
1) What is your budget? (INR or USD): 35K

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?

Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen

3) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
a. Like: None
b. Dislike: None

Actually i never owned a laptop and dont really know much about laptop companies.. So suggest me one which is reliable, and wouldnt make me do trips to service centres.

PS: i know how to take care of my things.

4) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?

Programming, net browsing, movies, light gaming like Fallout3, FalloutNV, CS1.6 etc.

5) What screen resolution(s) & type (glossy/matte) would you prefer?

Anything that comes within the budget, but would prefer matte screen.

6) Anything else you would like to say? (eg: local purchase, ASS,matte/glossy finish)

I am in Gopanapally, Hyderabad right now, and am planning to make the purchase in Hyderabad.. So do suggest good shops in and around Hyd. Am really not comfortable with online shopping with such a big amount, do share if you feel the site is reliable.

Last edited:

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
Why don't you check out Flipkart??? Most of the laptops at that price range have relatively similar specs so it all depends on which one looks the best according to you...
P.S.: Flipkart is the best online shopping site, quite reliable and have an easy and no hassles support and return policy... :)

OP
anirbandd

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
yes i was wondering about FK too.. i have a Citi bank credit card, and can avail 10%cash back. however, what i dont know is the street prices of the lappies that are on there. so i cant judge by how much more they are charging me.

tanmayraj

Broken In
Well,i am from Delhi.I can't suggest good laptop shop at hyderabad but i can surely help you to buy laptop.
In my opinion best laptop brand are - Apple,Lenovo, Asus, Dell and Hp.
In my list i didn't name Sony and Toshiba because Sony durability is too poor and unnecessary high price and Toshiba Hard Disk Problem.

Well if within your budget go for Dell Inspirion Series.

OP
anirbandd

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
thanks for the suggetions..

i have increased the budget to ~35K, and have decide to go with HP/Lenovo/Asus.

Hyderabad guys are urged to help me out...

im gonna buy tomorrow.. please help fast...

tanmayraj

Broken In
thanks for the suggetions..

i have increased the budget to ~35K, and have decide to go with HP/Lenovo/Asus.

Hyderabad guys are urged to help me out...

im gonna buy tomorrow.. please help fast...

Dell Inspiron 15 3521 Laptop or lenovo G580
it is best at your budget

foobarbaz

Broken In
anything is fine,as long as its not manufactured by companies whose primary business is/was making refrigerators or washing machines (yes,i am referring to Samsung and LG):)

OP
anirbandd

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
so, i got the HP G6 2303TX. :) and i installed win 8 x64 on it.

now, for the drivers.. i need the audio drivers, even though the speakers are working okay..

also the GPU drivers, for AMD HD7670M. i got this one: AMD Catalyst - will it work okay??

OP
anirbandd

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
i would,

but then i would have to click a picture, and then transfer it to the lappy. i'm feeling kinda lazy :p

Top Bottom