New Laptop but some questions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swap

Broken In
Hey all!

I just ordered a HP Compaq NX 6130 Notebook through our college (MAHE) for a low price, Rs 37500/-

Config:

Intel Pentium M 740(1.73GHz)  2048KB L2 Cache
 FSB  533MHz
  Intel 915PM
  256M  DDR2 RAM
  HDD:  ATA-100  5400 RPM 40GB
  DVD ROM + CD RW COMBO
 15 inch  XGA  1024 x 768
 ATI Mobility Radeon X300 64 MB PCI Express
 MODEM  56K
  10-100-1000M   IEEE 802.11b/g,IrDA Bluetooth
 4 USB SLOTS ,USB2.0
 2.66Kg
 32.86x26.70x3.03cm
 Batter:  4.8 hr
 6-in-1 MEDIA Reader
3 year accidental cover international warranty

Ok, don remember more!! Razz Not sure of of the os.. College might giving a Win Xp license. Some "free dos" was mentioned. What do you all think? Good deal for 37500k? I added 512k RAM more for 7k.

Anyways, I've got questions, hehe!!

1. Can I use laptop continuously for 2-3 days(downloading)?? Wink

2. If I'm using laptop continuously for say, 6 hours, what should I do? Use AC power or use the battery, let it get low, charge and use AC meanwhile?

3. Ok, a crazy question, how about overclocking notebooks? I know it's a crazy idea to risk such big stuff but is it possible?

All replies welcomed! Btw I just joined, been a digit reader for ages, long before it was even digit(wasn't it Chip before?)

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
thats a fair deal buddy! and i suppose if its bundled wid free dos you won't be getting any version of windows.

7k extra for 512mb ram?? thats costly!!!

yes you can use it continuously for 2-3 days. i've been using mine. i mean, i can't understand wot is the problem!!???

well plug it in the AC socket, but make sure u discharge and recharge the battery at least once every 20 days or so (that'll calibrate ur battery backup, or use the bundled HP battery calibration utility)

overclocking notebooks?? and how do u do that?? HP doesn't provide u wid this option in the bios (obviously not!) and most of the cpu speed control methods are proprietory so most of the soft overclocking utilities don't work! i'm tired of searching for such utilities for my lappy.

OP
S

Swap

Broken In
Well RAM was the expensive part but you know, I'll have warranty issues if I buy RAM separately. I hope u get my point..

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
yeah, i actually had 128mb when i bought it about 1.5 years ago. wot the dealer did was add another 128mb stick and the warranty was perfectly intact!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom