New Graphics card

dfizams

May be tomorrow
Hi, Greetings,
Looking forward to suggestions from the forum members. I need a new GPU for my current configuration i5 4440, Gigabyte B85Md3va, CV 8GB, Corsair RMx 720, Samsung EVO120GB, deepcool Tesseract. I'm looking for the cheapest GPU which should be able to run the AAA titles for one year at least, at least at medium-high settings (The GTX 970 I was using has been lost at airport during travel. I'm planning to build a whole new rig in September 2019). Thanks.
Happy New Year.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Buy Online | ASUS ROG-STRIX-RX570-04G-GAMING OC Edition 4GB Graphic Card | Price in India
UserBenchmark: AMD RX 570 vs Nvidia GTX 970

OP
D

dfizams

May be tomorrow
How did ur GTX 970 got lost at airport. You can claim insurance for loss of product.
My wife forgot to collect it after X ray scanner in the security check in area. I've lodged a complaint to the airline as well as airport authority. The item has not been found by the airport staffs.

OP
D

dfizams

May be tomorrow
Which one is better?
Sapphire at 13900rs or asus at 14999rs?
You searched for Rx 570 - Prime ABGB.com

OP
D

dfizams

May be tomorrow
Just ordered sapphire rx 570 from vedantcomputers at 13800 rs with free shipping.
Will update once gpu is recieved.
Thanks. Happy new year!

OP
D

dfizams

May be tomorrow
Recieved today. Install rx 570 gpu. GPU fan is running. Installed driver.
No display through gpu hdmi output But display fine through mobo vga. Used amd radeon software to detect gpu but says "amd radeon hardware not detected". Device manager shows only basic Microsoft adapter.
Basically gpu not detected. Please advise.

patkim

Cyborg Agent
Just a small possibility that if the slot was unused for a while, some dust might have accumulated in and blocking some of the pin contacts. Try to clean the PCIe slot, re-seat the card firmly, give it a bit of a wiggle and then tighten it.

OP
D

dfizams

May be tomorrow
Just a small possibility that if the slot was unused for a while, some dust might have accumulated in and blocking some of the pin contacts. Try to clean the PCIe slot, re-seat the card firmly, give it a bit of a wiggle and then tighten it.
Will check and update. Thanks.

OP
D

dfizams

May be tomorrow
The present mobo doesn't detect the gpu. The gpu is working fine in other mobo. The solution told to me is mobo gpu slot problem hence to change the mobo. I've read a thread in Tom's hardware, same problem like mine, ultimately the guy got a used gtx and system was working, he said 'anti amd mobo problem'. So, is it amd mobo compatibility issue? Any one faced similar issue?
Suggest me a cheap mobo replacement to last till September 2019.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
There is no "anti-amd mobo problem",if it doesn't work then it is either an issue with your gpu/mobo/psu/even cabinet(or wires). It's not like your mobo is new/top of the line that developing an issue after 3 years is quite rare. As for that thread you posted my own guess is that guy's mobo gpu slot has an issue regarding supplying proper power to the card.RX570 consumes more power than 1060 & because of this maybe his slot could handle 1060(malfunctioning pcie slot power+psu power=enough) but not RX570(malfunctioning pcie slot power+psu power=not enough). It is not like all the power to gfx card comes from pcie pin connectors,some portion also comes from pcie slot.

patkim

Cyborg Agent
While it’s logical to nail it down on the motherboard, I suggest that before buying a new board, just take your system to a nearby reliable computer repair shop. He is likely to have spares and tools to investigate the issue. Get a second confirmation that it’s indeed the board.

The problem could be anywhere, from a PSU that’s not supplying adequate power to components to any short somewhere to some incompatibility that BIOS update might fix, to some fault on the board or even something related to Legacy/UEFI boot process as configured in BIOS.

I also suggest that you reset your BIOS to the lowest defaults. You can short the CLR_CMOS pin on the board for 5 – 6 seconds to lower the BIOS settings. Since you have onboard Video, you can always set it back as per normal settings. Also I suggest try to fiddle with Legacy/CSM/UEFI settings for the OS & the Option ROMS / VGA and see if that makes any difference.

OP
D

dfizams

May be tomorrow
Replaced the mobo with a new gigabyte b85m-d3v-a. Worked flawlessly with rx 570. Now running Hitman 2016.
So problem was with the gpu slot of the previous mobo.

Top Bottom