New Build - 70k Budget - Gaming & Dev Workstation (Win+Hackintosh)

Mystic

wise one
Unfortunately my plan to wait for Skylake/Broadwell has fallen apart as my x58 mobo has died and I can't find any new or used one anywhere. Thanks aditya for the i5 suggestion on my last thread, I've decided to get a new rig with hopefully an i7 and bumped my budget a bit.

Existing hardware setup:
CPU: Intel Core i7 930
Motherboard: MSI X58 Pro-E (kinda dead - will find some old later so I can use 930 as my backup machine)
Monitors: Dell U2311H x2
RAM: Gskill 8GB (4gbx2) 1600 DDR3 (ripjaws x)
GPU: MSI 5850 Twin Frozr II
HDD: WD Caviar Black 1TB and 2TB
SSD: Samsung 850 Pro
PSU: Corsair TX650
Cabinet: CoolerMaster HAF 922

Planning to buy:
CPU: Intel i7 4790k - 24.5k at SMC (any better offer elsewhere?)
Motherboard: Please suggest, preferably Asus or Gigabyte (becaus hackintosh & I had bad experience with MSI)
CPU Cooler: Please suggest. Maybe Hyper 212? Will it fit in HAF 922?
Monitor: Will reuse my old monitors for now
RAM: Will reuse 8GB GSkill kit
GPU: Please suggest. i7 is more important than GPU. I can wait for this and reuse my old card.
HDD: Will reuse 1TB + 2TB WD Black
SSD: Will reuse 256GB Samsung 850 Pro
PSU: Please suggest. Prefer Seasonic (750w) - where can I easily find seasonic in Delhi/Nehru Place?
Cabinet: Will reuse CoolerMaster HAF 922

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')

- Graphic Designs - Photoshop/Illustrator. Not much 3D rendering.
- Some VMs for development purporse.
- Multiple IDE like IntelliJ, Netbeans.
- Multitasking - say 15 tabs Chrome, Skype, some IDE, VM etc.
- Gaming: Not a lot of gaming but I play BF4 and hopefully GTAV (soon!) at reasonable settings.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
70k Max. Preferably under 70k. Would like some saving so I can buy you a pizza or briyani (not mixed together).

3. Planning to overclock?
Yes, please sugget an air cooler.

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Windows 8.1
Linux - Multiple distros
Hackintosh - Need to make sure hardware is compatible.

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
I already have 3TB HDD (1TB + 2TB WD Black) and 256gb SSD (Samsung 850 Pro). Will add another HDD later.

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
1920x1080. Dell U2311H.

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: See "existing hardware setup". I'd like to reuse: All 3 HDD and SSD, 8GB Ram, Monitor, and HAF 922 case.

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
As soon as possible. By Monday if possible.

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
I will take care of this.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Delhi, so will visit Nehru Place. I've no issues with online, if you know of any ongoing deal let me know I will buy right away.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Once upon a time there was a king. He died. The End.

If you have read so far, thank you for your time and I'd appreciate any suggestion.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
i7 4790k at 23.5k here Buy Online Intel Core i7-4790K CPU Processor in India
for mobo,get asus z97 pro.
for cpu cooler, get hyper 212x. if you would like to get past 4.5ghz, you may consider water cooling set up like corsair h80i.
sice you are not a pro gamer, current gpu should do the work. but since you use photoshop like softwares which can utilize gpu power(opencl and opengl provided you use atleast ps cs6), i would like to recommend an r9 285. good for both gaming and graphic designs to save some time.
save the rest for now ;)
why do you want to change your current psu?

OP
M

Mystic

wise one
Had a chance to visit Janakpuri DC hub, got a quote of 22k for i7 4790k. Will see what I find at Nehru Place tomorrow.

Asus z97 Pro / A seems good. I'll hold my purchase of GPU for a month or two.

My current Corsair PSU is 4.5 years old now and I was thinking of using it for backup machine.

Thanks rijinpk1 & he-man.

Top Bottom