New 60k rig~ Need to buy soon.

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans:Regular usage+gaming(Recent launches/Future launches FC4,ACU(horrible port),GTA5 etc etc)

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans:60-65k

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans:If possible in the budget, then yes. If not,no problem

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans:Win 7/8.1

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans:1tb(more preferred but probably won't be possible)

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans:Nope. Dell S2240l is the staple I guess. 22 inches 1080p required.

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans:Speakers,mouse.

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans:In a week/10 days

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans:I'll build it for him.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Kolkata. Person buying is bit reluctant to buy online.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans:I know it is a LOT to ask and probably not possible without overshooting the budget, but I will be grateful if anyone can squeeze in the Zotac GTX 970 which is available at 26k locally. _/\_
Thanks in advance.

deathblade

death,destruction and dev
Intel Core i5 4440 -11000.
Gigabyte B85M-D3H -5300.
HyperX blue 4GB -2700,
Corsair gs600 -4500.
WD blue 1TB-3800,
Corsair carbide 300r-4800
Dell s2240L-8300
Zotac gtx 970-26000.
TOTAL -66400.

DK_WD

WD Official
Hi Jripper,
I would like to add a word to help in build of PC. Here are some options for you.

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor.
Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Hero ATX LGA1150 Motherboard.
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory.
Storage: Samsung 840 Pro Series 128GB 2.5" Solid State Drive.
Secondary: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive.
GPU: Zotac GeForce GTX 970 4GB Video Card.

I believe these components are best for gaming based on your budget. Also, this configuration allows for Overclocking, as long as you have a stable power supply and a good case. In build, MOBO is the support of SLI and CrossFire technology that means in the future you can add-on a second GPU card for performance, instead of buying a new MOBO or replacing a totally new GPU. I choose SSD as primary storage and HDD as secondary storage because during system process, you’ll be constantly saving and rendering directly from the HDD. For Monitor, you can go with any LED or LCD screen from any Local brand; based on your budget.

Example: Dell, Sony, LG, Samsung.

Good Luck.

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku
Intel Core i5 4440 -11000.
Gigabyte B85M-D3H -5300.
HyperX blue 4GB -2700,
Corsair gs600 -4500.
WD blue 1TB-3800,
Corsair carbide 300r-4800
Dell s2240L-8300
Zotac gtx 970-26000.
TOTAL -66400.

+1 to this rig, OP can cut costs by buying Deepcool Tesseract instead of 300R

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Jripper,
I would like to add a word to help in build of PC. Here are some options for you.

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor.
Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Hero ATX LGA1150 Motherboard.
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory.
Storage: Samsung 840 Pro Series 128GB 2.5" Solid State Drive.
Secondary: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive.
GPU: Zotac GeForce GTX 970 4GB Video Card.

I believe these components are best for gaming based on your budget. Also, this configuration allows for Overclocking, as long as you have a stable power supply and a good case. In build, MOBO is the support of SLI and CrossFire technology that means in the future you can add-on a second GPU card for performance, instead of buying a new MOBO or replacing a totally new GPU. I choose SSD as primary storage and HDD as secondary storage because during system process, you’ll be constantly saving and rendering directly from the HDD. For Monitor, you can go with any LED or LCD screen from any Local brand; based on your budget.

Example: Dell, Sony, LG, Samsung.

Good Luck.

Hi DK_WD,
I would like it if you tried looking at the budget as it is in Rupees and not in any other currency. :)

OP
J

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
[MENTION=293224]DK_WD[/MENTION] Thanks for the effort, But ermm,, yeah look at the budget. And I said I needed everything apart from speakers and a mouse..so your build is wayyyy off the mark. Thanks for the effort though.
[MENTION=135546]deathblade[/MENTION] Thanks but 4gb RAM seems a bit low doesn't it? And I'm looking at a cheapass cabinet like the antex X1 or the CM elite 311. But that is nullified if I add another 4gb ram stick. :|

If there were no GTX 970,then what would you suggest as an ideal balanced build for 65k?

- - - Updated - - -

Also, whats the max temp that the i5 4440 reaches on stock cooler while on load??

Also, A UPS is also needed since the person buying lives at a place with frequent power cuts. So APC BR 600 for 2.3/2.5k is a bare minimum for 2-3 mins backup atleast.

Last edited:

deathblade

death,destruction and dev
Intel Core i5 4460 -12500.
Gigabyte B85M-D3H -5300.
HyperX Fury 2*4GB -6000,
Corsair gs600 -4500.
WD blue 1TB-3800,
Deepcool tesseract-2700.
APC BR 600-2500.
Dell s2240L-8300
Sapphire radeon r9 285-18500.
TOTAL -64100.

OP
J

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
^ Hmm thanks. Its a damn shame that he'll miss out on the epicness of the 970. :\ The 285 onlyl has 2gb of VRAM. I'm wondering whether I should ask him to hold off his gpu purchase till the GTX 960 arries. Or he could opt for the i5 4440 and get the r9 280x.
Anyway, thanks for the suggestions man.

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku
[MENTION=293224]DK_WD[/MENTION] Thanks for the effort, But ermm,, yeah look at the budget. And I said I needed everything apart from speakers and a mouse..so your build is wayyyy off the mark. Thanks for the effort though.
[MENTION=135546]deathblade[/MENTION] Thanks but 4gb RAM seems a bit low doesn't it? And I'm looking at a cheapass cabinet like the antex X1 or the CM elite 311. But that is nullified if I add another 4gb ram stick. :|

If there were no GTX 970,then what would you suggest as an ideal balanced build for 65k?

- - - Updated - - -

Also, whats the max temp that the i5 4440 reaches on stock cooler while on load??

Also, A UPS is also needed since the person buying lives at a place with frequent power cuts. So APC BR 600 for 2.3/2.5k is a bare minimum for 2-3 mins backup atleast.

get a 4GB stick for now, add another later. get deepcool tesseract for that. APC BR 600 sounds good enough.

Top Bottom