Needs Gaming Laptop ; [65k ~ 70k] ; [15" - 17"] ;

$hadow

Geek in making
Why all manufactures are so slow to release their new versions...

Dude you have joined this problem recently where as many are still who are waiting for about 3 or more months to get Haswell laptop. So just join the line and start the waiting game. This is just pathetic on the part of manufactures.

RON28

Cyborg Agent
Any company when it comes to launch electronic products like laptops or mobile, does partiality when it comes to INDIA. Here electronic products comes very very late when we loose hope, and adding to that, comes with downgraded processor or graphic card or screen quality.

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
I have friends in high places in Dell electronics. They are saying Indian Economic Trend of feeble currency is barring the generic work orders from US which is invariably delaying the releases.

Its related because any new electronics release and lineup refresh needs a Business Order sent from Dell India corporate benches to US houses to officially announce and facilitate the distribution of new haswell units over Indian consumer outlets.

But Dell India is eagerly waiting to dispatch this vast order, i repeat vast... as predicted order of haswell units will be quite high as expectations from users are already rocketing as their marketing surveys tell.

So dispatching a vast order to US with money price this weak, will narrow the gross revenue for dell India per unit price. Thats why, when it has to be released anyway, they set up mind and have potentially put up a wait-time till next month to December to gradually introduce upon demands and budget trends of users.

If we find price too high then we wont go for it, so that makes both the stack un cleared and also repo loss. But a controlled supply can make first impressions fair even if demand is not high, then price cut over situation and rebrand and resupply.

Re: Needs Gaming Laptop ; [65k ~ 70k] ; [15" - 17"] ;

Hmm.. I understand..

Despite waiting , Just wanted to know your opinion about this combo.

Samsung i73rd Gen with 650M + Samsung 250GB SSD

Yeah.. It may look weird. It has 650M and the i7 proccy as in Y500. It has 1600x900 resolution with good specs. Planning to put the SSD instead of normal HDD and use HDD as external drive.

What my way of thinking is instead of spending 70k in Y500 which has low resolution and high end card with no SSD, I can take one lap within 60k and buy the SSD.

Some twists happening. :)
Simply went to check nearby lenovo showroom. The guy said he can try to arrange the 650M Full HD Y500 edition.
Dont know whether how much i have to pay for this.

rider

as Kratos
How much more time Asus ROG will take to launch a 4th gen core-i7 laptop with GT 750M and above?

Simply went to check nearby lenovo showroom. The guy said he can try to arrange the 650M Full HD Y500 edition.
Should i go for the Old Y500[I expect price between 70~71k for the old Full HD version.] or the Samsung Combo i mentioned ?

Hmm.. I understand..

Despite waiting , Just wanted to know your opinion about this combo.

Samsung i73rd Gen with 650M + Samsung 250GB SSD

Yeah.. It may look weird. It has 650M and the i7 proccy as in Y500. It has 1600x900 resolution with good specs. Planning to put the SSD instead of normal HDD and use HDD as external drive.

What my way of thinking is instead of spending 70k in Y500 which has low resolution and high end card with no SSD, I can take one lap within 60k and buy the SSD.

+1 to above

He is asking 70k for this. Should i go for this ?
I need to confirm my order today to him.

2-4 fps less FPS is not deal breaker. 768p screen is.

go with FUll HD screen.

Thanks guys...
After seeing the news about Y510p, called the lenovo showrooms.
Y510p is available here also.. :-D 75k final price non sli version.
Gonna check out other showroom prices as well...
I got so addicted to Y500 after seeing the keyboard. But the 768p was making me stay away. Now after hearing about 510P,I'm happy. :)

RON28

Cyborg Agent
if you are getting a Y510 for 75k then its a real steal, because Lenovo Y510 has best screen out there, when i say best means literally stunning anti glare screen with a stunning contrast ratio.

Top Bottom