Need your help to buy phone, 18k budget max

parashar91

Broken In
1. Budget?

15,000 to max 18,000

2. Display type and size?

Would prefer an AMOLED display. Size should be more than 5', preferably 5.5 to 6'

3. Dual sim?

Not necessary

4. Preferred choice of brand?

Known brands would be great, but not necessary once again.

5. What camera option you want (flash, front facing camera)?

Front facing camera not a necessity, dont care much about selfies. The rear camera HAS to be good. Kinda like Lumia 730s camera which 6.7mp but uses Carl Zeiss. Would prefer rear cameras of 10+mp

6. Preferred operating system? (Android, iOS, Windows Phone, etc).

Android.

7. Preferred connectivity options (3G, 4G ready).

4g not a necessity

8. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, internet, gaming etc)?

Medium gaming, wifi and internet, camera must be awesome, and most importantly, the music quality must be really good.

9. Any specific mobile phones in consideration?

Moto G/X, Huawei Honor, Asus Zenfone 5/6, Alacatel Onetouch Idol, Lenovo s850

10. Any other info that you want to share

My primary uses would be: Music, medium gaming, internet, etc. Im from Kolkata but I live in Raipur. Need to ensure that there is good after sales service in both cities.

Thanks in advance:-D

OP
P

parashar91

Broken In
So you mean Moto X 1st gen? It seems to be out of stock on Flipkart. I'll check out Xperia ZL.
The problem with Moto X 1st Gen is the non-expandable memory slot.
P.S - You're from Raipur too? :)

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
If you can stretch the budget to 22k, Oneplus One would be the best option IMO.
A good phone may not even require after sales service.

Yeah, from Raipur too.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
avoid huawei and alcatel if you can
i suggest xperia z ultra ,One plus one,Moto X 2013,Lumia 730,Lumia 1320(camera is a bit mainstream in 1320,nothing very extraordinary like the 730s cameras) -safer buys overall
if you want a phablet , the samsung galaxy note 3 neo is also there
there arent many options for a decent phablet with a good camera at this price range but the note 3 neo is rather decent for your needs
S4 is also decent
as much as i dont approve much of samsung,the 21-22k price of both phones is rather decent and ticks your boxes overall,i suggest getting rid of touchwiz for a better experience
otherwise OPO is a better buy except for after sales

OP
P

parashar91

Broken In
Alright, so I've narrowed it down to 2 phones:
Sony Xperia M2 Dual Sim v HTC Desire 816g
I need to buy it today, maximum tomorrow. Any last minute suggestions? Budget cannot exceed 18000, and I cannot purchase the phone online. (That's why Moto G is out of the question)

the.one

In the zone
I need to buy it today, maximum tomorrow. Any last minute suggestions? Budget cannot exceed 18000, and I cannot purchase the phone online. (That's why Moto G is out of the question)

Zenfone 5

gamefreak4770k

Journeyman
You could check out Sony xperia zr its better than m2. and Sony has announced that it would be updated to lollipop.(when ... Is another question)

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!

Both are over priced.

and why can't you buy online? :confused: I've ordered around 7-8 phones online and didn't have any problems with them.

A friend bought Desire 816g recently and had to get it replaced 3 times within 2 weeks. :lol:
M2 should be priced around 8-9k.

$hadow

Geek in making
I also never got any problem ordering online. Plus the only reason I order online is a hassle free return.

jhingalala

Broken In
Is desire 820q or zenphone 6 is better if z ultra is too big?
Both are over priced.

and why can't you buy online? :confused: I've ordered around 7-8 phones online and didn't have any problems with them.

A friend bought Desire 816g recently and had to get it replaced 3 times within 2 weeks. :lol:
M2 should be priced around 8-9k.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Is desire 820q or zenphone 6 is better if z ultra is too big?

I'll rather take the risk of buying a Yu Yureka than a desire 820q with only 1 gb ram and sd410 or Zenphone 6 with slower updates.

Z Ultra for 18k is a steal compared to 820q @19k or zenphone 6 @16k

Top Bottom