Need Work+Gaming Laptop. 35-50k

Korrupt

Broken In
1) What is your budget?
Upto 50k. Can go upto 55k if it's worth it

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?
Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen

Weight not an issue. Lighter the better though ofcourse

3) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook
Work - Software development, Web Development, a little bit of graphic designing with photoshop, very basic video editing in the future

Entertainment - Good speakers would be nice. I have a Dell XPS L501X and the speakers are great.

Virtual Machines, only one at a time needed.

I'd like to game if possible. Not sure about the latest titles, but I'm big on Counterstike and Prototype, FPS type games. Don't like Racing or Fifa if that makes a difference.

5) Any typical configuration in your mind you're eying for ?
i5+
graphics Card

6GB RAM would be nice, though I'd be willing to purchase and add RAM.

500GB HDD will work, 1TB would be great. I have 3TB external storage so not an issue.

4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
a. Like: DELL(Preferred), HP
b. Dislike: Acer, Apple, Samsung, Sony

I don't mind Lenovo if you have a good service experience with them in a non-major city like Dehradun(Uttarakhand), but I've had great experience with Dell and I'd like to continue using them.

6) Anything else you would like to say?

Screen resolution - I currently have 1080p, but I have to zoom in on almost all the sites to read. Any resolution would be fine to be honest. It's not a big deal.

Battery back up - Any. 2hr+ will work.

Purchase place - Online, Local, whichever is cheaper

A backlit keyboard would be nice, but it's not a deal breaker.
Good speakers would be great.
3+ USB 3.0 ports

Side ventilation would be good instead of at the bottom.

No Windows 8 - Or at the very least, drivers for Windows 7 available. I don't mind reformatting the whole thing.

I will extend Onsite warranty for atleast 3 years. Is Accidental damage worth it?

Last edited:
OP
K

Korrupt

Broken In
Sorry for the bump.

I can now order from the USA as well. A friend's going there for a while and can bring back a laptop for me.

Does that change which laptop I should go for? Any suggestions for Dell? They have great service

Top Bottom