Need Wireless Keyboard and Mice

I'm looking for following items-

1. Wireless keyboard.
Purpose: Programming
Connectivity: Wireless (Bluetooth and RF both are fine)
Comments: Looking for a keyboard without a numpad. Just like you get in most laptops.

2. Wireless mouse
Purpose: Gaming
Connectivity: Wireless (Bluetooth and RF both are fine)
Comments: Ergonomics are important here. I currently use a Logitech G402.

I need to use both the items with a MacBook Pro.

Get Keychron K2/K6 for KB & Razer Viper Ultimate for mice. Always mention a budget.

Get a wireless KB + mouse bundle of Logitech, Dell or Lenovo that cost under 2k, will suffice. Get whichever you feel you will like. Some have small mice, others big, some KBs have small travel distance, etc, check the ones that you will like, only you can answer those questions.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
^nice!

But i have pretty much lost the respect for logitech since their low end components, even after being a bit on the high end of the price, are of low quality just slightly better than a generic Chinese components.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
speakers are just ok. they are selling z623 for 8k+ but i doubt it will last more than 3 yrs. good thing is there is 2yrs warranty.

coming to keyboards, OP can check logitech g512 since that also has 2 yrs warranty. If typing is preference then better to get a mechanical one.

But I am very much fascinated by keyboards on Keychron and Mechkeys.
@omega44-xt do you know about the quality of these keyboards? They seems to have only 1yr warranty. Everyone just talks about their new purchase on the subreddit but no one talks about the problem they face with these fancy keyboards. Or no one has ever faced problem with these?

quicky008

Technomancer
I am using a second hand tvs gold and its been working fine till date(bought it in jan/feb 2020).

Apart from that i have another mk215 that i use occasionally and found it to be quite reliable. Its keyboard 's battery is over one yr old but still hasn't run out.

Btw why do Logitech' s speakers last only 3-4 years? Are they made of low quality components that are designed to fail after a fixed amount of time?

TheSloth

The Slowest One
I am using a second hand tvs gold and its been working fine till date(bought it in jan/feb 2020).

Apart from that i have another mk215 that i use occasionally and found it to be quite reliable. Its keyboard 's battery is over one yr old but still hasn't run out.

Btw why do Logitech' s speakers last only 3-4 years? Are they made of low quality components that are designed to fail after a fixed amount of time?
no idea about this components but planned obsolescence is quite common across all consumer products.

speakers are just ok. they are selling z623 for 8k+ but i doubt it will last more than 3 yrs. good thing is there is 2yrs warranty.

coming to keyboards, OP can check logitech g512 since that also has 2 yrs warranty. If typing is preference then better to get a mechanical one.

But I am very much fascinated by keyboards on Keychron and Mechkeys.
@omega44-xt do you know about the quality of these keyboards? They seems to have only 1yr warranty. Everyone just talks about their new purchase on the subreddit but no one talks about the problem they face with these fancy keyboards. Or no one has ever faced problem with these?
The subreddit r/mkindia is a good place to ask for feedback. But generally Keychron ones, GK64/SK64 are considered good for budget KBs. Still for 5-6k, I'd rather buy entry level KBs from big brands like Asus TUF K3 or Gigabyte Aorus K9. Also, I find TKL or 60% KBs as useless because of the keys they lack. TKL on laptops is fine.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
The subreddit r/mkindia is a good place to ask for feedback. But generally Keychron ones, GK64/SK64 are considered good for budget KBs. Still for 5-6k, I'd rather buy entry level KBs from big brands like Asus TUF K3 or Gigabyte Aorus K9. Also, I find TKL or 60% KBs as useless because of the keys they lack. TKL on laptops is fine.
You are right. might as well buy hyperx alloy keyboard with 2 yrs warranty at that price of full size/tkl. i see only wireless as a plus point.
small ones are for aesthetics only i guess.

You are right. might as well buy hyperx alloy keyboard with 2 yrs warranty at that price of full size/tkl. i see only wireless as a plus point.
small ones are for aesthetics only i guess.
Some say they buy 60% or TKL to save desk space, but come on, you are already using a desktop. It doesn't make sense to me. I'm a laptop user, still use a full-size KB.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
^yeah.
But I also read that smaller keyboard is more ergonomic since hands are in more close to each other which is better for our body but in full sized/TKL the hands are a bit farther which isn't good for shoulder and hands. Is that why Apple keyboards are smaller in size??

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Wireless mouse u can go for corsair harpoon rgb, its the only wireless mouse with both bt and inhouse rf.. at low price

TheSloth

The Slowest One
For mouse Amazon.in is pretty good.

As for logitech making bad products, I have a G402 for at least 2 years now, and never had no hiccough.
It does have 2 years warranty, see if you are one of those lucky people whose logitech product survives longer even after the warranty.

Logitech products in my experience last a long time.
Not in recent times. I have traditionally been a Logitech fan but nowadays most mice & even some KBs have double click issues. I know 3 people who faced it & my old G305 as well. My friend's G413 KB also has double click issue on some keys, so now I'm avoiding logitech.

Æsoteric Positron

I AM GROOT (and so are you)
Not in recent times. I have traditionally been a Logitech fan but nowadays most mice & even some KBs have double click issues. I know 3 people who faced it & my old G305 as well. My friend's G413 KB also has double click issue on some keys, so now I'm avoiding logitech.
Maybe, but I heard the same thing A LOT about razor products.

Top Bottom