need URGENT help...!!! system unstable...!!!

bonny

Right off the assembly line
hello,
my names bonny. need urgent help as the new PC spec. i got is really unstable.

My Hardware spec is:-

1. Processor - Core i7 950 [3.06 GHz]
2. Motherboard - ASUS Sabertooth x58
3. Ram - Corsair XMS3 (1600MHz) 4GB[(2 x 2GB module) (800MHz per module)] 1.65V
4. Power Unit - Corsair TX650W (ATX12V)
5. Graphic Card - XFX Radeon HD 5670 (1GB DDR5)

You now can easily guess that my spec. is fairly meant for gaming and HD video editing. The problem is my rig'z getting too unstable.It gets freezed frequently wid a white or sometimes a black screen.
I tried lots of ways like updating the graphics drivers and changing the OS architecture from 32-bit to 64-bit. But the problem still remains.
i thought later that flashing the BIOS might do the trick...but then i read in one article from ASUS that for my MOBO ,the minimum cutoff for BIOS version was 0308. Mine is 0603,so no use flashing the BIOS.
Can the problem be with my memory speed? is the speed too low?....i thought it was 1600MHz per module...but later i found that it was 1600MHz combined.
There is no problem with cooling my rig. Well air-channeled...GPU temp doesnt exceed 50C wen idle and 70C wen playing games( lyk farcry 2 and Crysis 2).

Please help me with this issue. Your feedbacks are valuable.

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
^^ Try testing with individual RAM modules. Check the CPU temperature. Does the problem occurs very often or rarely. In any specific case?

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Can you describe the issue in more detail please. When it happens, what you are doing that it occurs..like rendering..gaming...?

OP
B

bonny

Right off the assembly line
^^ Try testing with individual RAM modules. Check the CPU temperature. Does the problem occurs very often or rarely. In any specific case?

i did that. And yes the problem occurs frequently. I mean thrice a day. you cannot predict when its gonna happen. Previously it used to hang alot, but after an update in the graphics card solved that problem. now it still freezes,but not playing games. It happens randomly, when i am listening song or when i am surfing.
The cpu temperatures are very low...they never exceed 3 % wen idle and 50% wen playing games.

Can you describe the issue in more detail please. When it happens, what you are doing that it occurs..like rendering..gaming...?

nope. it doesnt hang while playing nor when rendering. It occurs randomly.
Listen there are new bios updates available, but m not sure weather to flash it or not...!!!
can you tell me a good n safe method...!!!

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
^^ If it occurs randomly, then it could be

1. PSU problem. Try using the same PSU in other rig
2. RAM might be a culprit
3. And please check whether all the cables are connected properly
4. Finally, if these three doesn't solve the issue, try to flash the BIOS (If you think that will solve this issue)

modder

RAMPAGE!!!!
Report voltage readings from BIOS and app like CPUID etc
also report SMART values for your HDD(s)

pratik03

Journeyman
it might be virus, did you format entire disk (C,D,E.... drives as well) when you installed os again ?

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Can you just boot in to the desktop with one RAM module. Test it for a few hours. Alternate then.

Top Bottom