Need to upgrade or not?

ankiatir4850

VG gamerush!
i was just wondering that i have to upgrade my PC or not.?? I am running a E4500@2.8GHZ,945GCM3 mobo, 3GB DDR2 667 AND A MSI HD4850@685 mhz .I AMM using vista . i just wanna ask that this config. is better to play games which are coming by 2010????:?:. i usually play at 1280x1024 preferring racing and fps games. I BOUGHT this PC 2 years ago!(which was a very good config at dat time:p:p:p).

SlashDK

MV VIP to the MAX
Its good enough for the time being, Just oc the processor. It may or may not run CoD: black ops with eye candy but it should run it on lower settings.Can't say anything about Crysis 2 though:wink:.

sandman9

Broken In
Hi
Your RAM is OK sort of..... ditto for Processor.
Just upgrade your Graphic Card to ATI 5870 or Geforce GTX 480 and you will be set for another 2 years.
Hope this helps.

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
^^

lol, a 5870 in P5GCMX. Man thats a bad suggestion.

@OP
Your PC is good enough to run the games. If you think of upgrading, wait for sometime and throw your PC and do a full upgrade either with Core i7 or AMD X6.

But it seems, you dont need it now. Just OC your proccy to 3GHz and you're good to go.

sandman9

Broken In
^^

lol, a 5870 in P5GCMX. Man thats a bad suggestion.

@OP
Your PC is good enough to run the games. If you think of upgrading, wait for sometime and throw your PC and do a full upgrade either with Core i7 or AMD X6.

But it seems, you dont need it now. Just OC your proccy to 3GHz and you're good to go.
You are wrong, P5GC MX has PCI-Express x 16 slot. It will support 5870.
I know 5870 and GTX 480 support PCI-e 2.0, but they will run just fine in PCI-e x16.
Read reviews on the Web.... not much diff. between the two standards in real-world performance.
So, I repeat, upgrade your Graphic Card.

Top Bottom