Need To Upgrade Old PC with Basic CPU + MOBO + RAM under 20k (Max)

dissel

Cyborg Agent
Hello Respected forum members & experts,

As Title Suggest I'm Looking for 3 Components on Intel Platform and the PC basically use for Home by members,

Component Already Got;

1. Seagate 250GB Sata HDD
2. Crossair VX 550 Watt SMPS
3. Cooler Master Elite 430 Cabinet.
4. Logitech MK250.
5. Got Display

Component I like To Buy,

1.Intel Core i3 4130

2. MSI B85M-G43

I want this Motherboard over Giga's B85M - D3H or Asus B85M-G, there are many extra connectivity option - It seems to me MSI's product is most VFM among three.

Please let me know choosing MSI is Right....

3. Corsair Vengeance DDR3 8 GB

Please let me know above 3 components are alright together.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

asciif00

Broken In
Intel Core i3 4130 - 7580 (snapdeal)
Kingston HyperX DDR3 8 GB (1 x 8 GB) - 4625

MSI B85M-G43 - 5380

The corsair RAM and Kingston have the same specifications but a bit cheaper.

OP hope this helps and yes the parts are compatible and fine, Please let us know what's the purpose of this config.

OP
dissel

dissel

Cyborg Agent
Thank You very much SaiyanGoku and asciif00 for your comments. Thanks for the confirmation guys.

This PC is build for purely for my parents who are going to do Internet for Banking needs & Surf, Word & Excel, Email, Occasional Movie / Photos Viewing etc - No Game or any High resource demanding works.

For the above usage I presume i3 is better than i5 (as it is overkill). As I intended to load Ubuntu on it (As my parents are familiar on that OS for above stuff as well they prefer to no Anti Virus Update scenario) and with all the glory of unity + Multi Tab Chrome I want to put 8GB RAM for once and done forever with that.

First I thought for opting a Laptop but with only small screen & keyboard with below 20k budget there is nothing decent available, other than Pentium processor else need to go with slow Netbook territory plus battery charge /discharge headache for them.

As those other PC component lying unused - so decided to opt for Desktop looks VFM - Shut It / Forget It Solution.

One plus point when I'm home - I can load any distro to try out for sake of fun.

DK_WD

WD Official
Thank You very much SaiyanGoku and asciif00 for your comments. Thanks for the confirmation guys.

This PC is build for purely for my parents who are going to do Internet for Banking needs & Surf, Word & Excel, Email, Occasional Movie / Photos Viewing etc - No Game or any High resource demanding works.

For the above usage I presume i3 is better than i5 (as it is overkill). As I intended to load Ubuntu on it (As my parents are familiar on that OS for above stuff as well they prefer to no Anti Virus Update scenario) and with all the glory of unity + Multi Tab Chrome I want to put 8GB RAM for once and done forever with that.

First I thought for opting a Laptop but with only small screen & keyboard with below 20k budget there is nothing decent available, other than Pentium processor else need to go with slow Netbook territory plus battery charge /discharge headache for them.

As those other PC component lying unused - so decided to opt for Desktop looks VFM - Shut It / Forget It Solution.

One plus point when I'm home - I can load any distro to try out for sake of fun.

Hi [MENTION=11717]dissel[/MENTION]
Based on your requirement, you may also consider the Intel Pentium G3258. With this you will save some money and it gives you the same performance result as Intel i3.

Here are some options for you, based on your budget:

Intel Pentium G3258
Gigabyte GA-H81M
Corsair Vengeance 8GB(4x2) DDR3-1600

Good Luck.

Top Bottom