Need to make Best Gaming Rig

inland_taipan

Right off the assembly line
Hi friends, I was planning to upgrade my gaming machine to make it possible to run upcoming games at its edge.Right now my rig configuration is Intel i3 530 2.9Ghz ,corsair 10Gb ram of 1333MHz ,Corsair VX550W PSU, ASUS GTX570 DII GPU, with HDD of 1TB. Now I am planning to upgrade but not every thing, only MOBO,CPU,RAM,with one good cooler.I don,t want to overclock as I have no idea about it.

So, in this regard I also did little homework and get to know that i7 4790 with MSI H97 gaming 3 mobo and Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz 16gb (2X8gb) with CM Hyper 212 Evo ,would be the best choice for making a perfect gaming machine as per my need.(non OC)

But I have also noticed that there are DDR4 supported CPU and Mobo are also available in the market,so this makes me confuse which series to grab,should I go with the DDR3 or with DDR4 ?

if you reply to grab DDR3 then get me know whether my pick is right or you have something more better for the same.My budget is 50k for this 4 things.....

if you reply for DDR4 then suggest me what to choose.....

OP
I

inland_taipan

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans:eek:nly gaming GTA V,BF Hardline, more upcoming games

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans:50k for this four things...CPU,MOBO,RAM,good cooler

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans:no but if its necessary then maybe

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans:OS 7 (until it supports all game)

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans:I have this already 1TB

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans:I have this LG 3D monitor with resolution of 1920x1080

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans:pSU,Cabinet,Card,HDD,DVD raw,mouse,keyboard...no need

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans:I soon as I clarify all my queries and confusion

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans:I did but this time I will ask help from assembler.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans:buying locally for sure.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans:I need the best for job....the games need to run as smooth as knife on butter...if I hv to do OC that also I agree to do...and about the GPU that I will upgrade later may be after couple of months..the choice will be GTX 980 4GB for sure....

Also clear me what is OC ram...i mean RAM with 2400 MHz...3320 MHz.....can we use this ram in nonOC PC for more good performance..

- - - Updated - - -

IMO a GPU upgrade to GTX 970 would be better than upgrading RAM or CPU.

I fully agree with you but my this processor is very slow...I can't even do multi tasking in the same,never got dump but really slow so I decided to upgrade it first then the GPU......

Last edited:

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Intel Xeon E3 1246 V3 17,900 (costtocost.in)
Cooler Master Hyper TX3 EVO 1,400
ASUS H97-PRO GAMER 9,700

Games won't benefit from OCing CPU

DDR4 ram is very costly right now. A 8 GB RAM module from crucial will set you back by 11.5k. Motherboards supporting DDR4 ram are costly too, lowest one being Asus X99-A for 25.4k

I suggest you keep the ram or either sell them to get Kingston HyperX Fury 2x 8 GB for total of 8.1k (costtocost)
Throw in a samsung 850 Evo 120 GB ssd for 5.3k (costtocost)

Total Cost 17900+1400+9700+5300+8100 = 42,400 ( minus the price you get for selling the older parts if you want)

Last edited:

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku
Intel Xeon E3 1246 V3 17,900 (costtocost.in)
Cooler Master Hyper TX3 EVO 1,400
ASUS H97-PRO GAMER 9,700

Games won't benefit from OCing CPU

DDR4 ram is very costly right now. A 8 GB RAM module from crucial will set you back by 11.5k. Motherboards supporting DDR4 ram are costly too, lowest one being Asus X99-A for 25.4k

I suggest you keep the ram or either sell them to get Kingston HyperX Fury 2x 8 GB for total of 8.1k (costtocost)
Throw in a samsung 850 Evo 120 GB ssd for 5.3k (costtocost)

Total Cost 17900+1400+9700+5300+8100 = 42,400 ( minus the price you get for selling the older parts if you want)
+1 to this! Performance difference in i7 4790 and Xeon 124[strike]5[/strike]6 is negligible and price difference is 3k :p

Also why sell the RAM? Keep. a little higher clock isnt worth the extra money.

Last edited:
+1 to this! Performance difference in i7 4790 and Xeon 1245 is negligible and price difference is 3k :p

Also why sell the RAM? Keep. a little higher clock isnt worth the extra money.

It's not a little extra clock. DDR4 runs on 2133 MHz on average while only performance DDR3 RAMs reach there. But yeah, it's not VFM by current price.

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku
It's not a little extra clock. DDR4 runs on 2133 MHz on average while only performance DDR3 RAMs reach there. But yeah, it's not VFM by current price.

i wasnt talking about DDR4 :|
SaiyanGoku said:
was talking about this.
And DDR4 is not worth it, until it drops to like 4k for 4GB (not considering DDR3 once was 1k/4GB)

- - - Updated - - -

Both 1245 V3 and 1246 V3 have HD P4600 iGPU but latter has higher clocks and is better OC'able.

isnt Xeon non OC?

also i always forget 1246 and write 1245 :| corrected it now

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
This says it has OC potential
Intel Xeon E3-1246V3 vs Core i7 4770

But I think it meant Turbo-boost (which is a kind of OC by intel)

Last edited:

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
CPU - Intel Xeon E3 1246 v3 - 19500,
MOBO - MSI H97 PC Mate -7000,
RAM - Corsair Vengeance 8GB(4GBx2) 1600Mhz -6000,
CPU Cooler - Cooler Master Hyper 212x -3000,
Zotac GTX 960 2GB -15500. (amazon.com)
TOTAL -51,000.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
^ I don't think there is point in getting that RAM as @OP already has 10 GB ram. And instead of GTX 960, GTX 970 would be a better choice given his monitor has 1080p resolution. GTX 980 would be overkill.

HE-MAN

Ambassador of Buzz
if its only gaming then i5-4690k is more then enough anything above that will give u diminishing returns in terms of gaming price is 16k

OP
I

inland_taipan

Thanks for all your suggestions...this really helps me, still I have something more to ask, but at first I have come to conclusion that as per present senario a CPU for making gaming rig without OC can be i7 4790 or Xeon E3 1246 v3 both are almost same only price vary,MOBO is still in the confusion side,which I think need to be more perfect for the need.

ok,now clear me i7 4790 is 3.6 GHz and i7 4790k is 4.0GHz(without doing OC),So do you think that I should buy the 'k' series for this extra GHz ,as there is a very little difference in both prices.

OR should I go with the 5th gen for better experience,although its costly but this series is less power consuming,so...?
if 'yes' then suggest me the full configuration.

Every suggestions/answers is appreciated.

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku
Thanks for all your suggestions...this really helps me, still I have something more to ask, but at first I have come to conclusion that as per present senario a CPU for making gaming rig without OC can be i7 4790 or Xeon E3 1246 v3 both are almost same only price vary,MOBO is still in the confusion side,which I think need to be more perfect for the need.

ok,now clear me i7 4790 is 3.6 GHz and i7 4790k is 4.0GHz(without doing OC),So do you think that I should buy the 'k' series for this extra GHz ,as there is a very little difference in both prices.

OR should I go with the 5th gen for better experience,although its costly but this series is less power consuming,so...?
if 'yes' then suggest me the full configuration.

Every suggestions/answers is appreciated.

higher clocks dont help in gaming, get a Xeon and save some money.

Top Bottom