Need to know if it's safe to import a laptop from US

Rupender

Right off the assembly line
Hey , sup people. I've decided to buy the MSI gt72 dominator pro(gtx 1070, 60hz display ,16gb etc etc) the base price is 1650$ sadly the seller isn't shipping to India, so I wanted to know if using package forwarders such as borderlinx safe? I also used there shipping cost calculator and found that I would have to pay INR 25to 28k for shipping and import duty. Which makes my laptop cost around 1.3 lacs. My question is , should I trust borderlinx etc, I mean, are they reliable? Also, is the import duty mentioned correct if not, then how much more might I have to pay? Also, has anyone used these services before to import a laptop, firsthand experience will be much appreciated.

EDIT:I'm willing to risk the warranty if MSI doesn't provide warranty, main question is if I can get everything done under 1.3 lacs

Last edited:

goldsmit409

Broken In
MSI has global warranty. not sure about other seller but Amazon has few seller that ship to India. One of them is xoticpc. I too am considering the same laptop to be imported from US, just did not finalized anything yet.

OP
R

Rupender

Note: I'm currently looking at the older model with the 6th gen process as it's coming about 150 $ cheaper, but the seller doesn't ship to India, the newer model is straight out of budget. I'm okay with the 6th gen cpu as it won't make any difference. Has anyone here imported a laptop before and Shipped it here?

OP
R

Rupender

Here's the price I'm getting on Amazon, I've asked the seller for the shipping box weight and dimensions. Is there a better laptop I can buy at the same price? If so, then please do recommend. And should I trust borderlinx?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-05-08-10-53-44.png
    Screenshot_2017-05-08-10-53-44.png
    337.2 KB · Views: 92
OP
R

Rupender

Hey I found the same laptop on Amazon and being sold by Amazon.com for 1500$ that seems like a steal deal. So, in the end, the 7th gen xotic pc one will cost me upwards of 2k if I include customs etc. This on the other hand, is itself 1500$ and even if I take very high customs,I don't expect it to cross 2000$(Am I right here?) It's 6th gen though, but I don't mind that. So, should I go for the amazon.com one? I will have to use a freight forwarder for it. Is it safe and has anyone used it before?
Screenshot_2017-05-08-10-58-26.png

EDIT: Also, how the heck do I ask Amazon for shipping dimensions?:p

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
@OP: Amazon.com provides world wide shipping and check the seller shipping also.

when u add to cart u will get all the extra charges (shipping, customs etc) in payment page.

it will be automatically converted to Rs, so u will know how much it will cost u.

Top Bottom