Need to know about the difference in gaming performance of 1GB & 2GB AMD Radeon 7670m graphics card

I am going to buy a laptop and I am in dilemma regarding two laptops. These laptops have exactly same configuration, the only difference being the size of dedicated GPU memory.. one having 1GB 7670m graphics card while the other having 2 GB 7670m. Will the extra 1 GB of dedicated graphics memory improve the game-play??

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Re: Need to know about the difference in gaming performance of 1GB & 2GB AMD Radeon 7670m graphics c

I believe that 1 GB memory is an Intel based laptop while the other one is AMD APU based one
Get that intel one, the processor will be much better than the APU of the 2nd one..
For 128 bit or less cards, 1 GB v 2 GB makes almost no difference

OP
A

Ankur Upadhyay

Broken In
Re: Need to know about the difference in gaming performance of 1GB & 2GB AMD Radeon 7670m graphics c

I believe that 1 GB memory is an Intel based laptop while the other one is AMD APU based one
Get that intel one, the processor will be much better than the APU of the 2nd one..

No. both are 3rd generation core i5 laptops .. I jst wanna ask that is it worth it to spend Rs. 2000 more for 2 Gb of Radeon 7670m than for 1 GB radeon 7670m. Will that extra 1 GB help in gaming in any way??

doomgiver

Warframe

no. that card is not powerful enough to make good use of 2 GB VRAM.
stick with the 1 gb version

what is this about 128 bit cards, eh?

OP
A

Ankur Upadhyay

Broken In

Thanx bro. I will use that extra 2K for buying a good gaming mouse. Can you suggest me a good gaming mouse??

Nerevarine

Incarnate

AMD Radeon HD 7670M - Notebookcheck.net Tech

it states that HD 7670M is a 128 bit card.. for any 128 bit card, 1 GB vs 2 GB memory doesnt make any difference (almost), because of lack of bandwidth to spend that memory..
This is the same reason why a GTX 650 (non ti 2 GB) is worse/almost equal to an HD 7770

For 2k, get Logitech G400, dont go for a 2k razer mouse, low end razer stuff sucks

OP
A

Ankur Upadhyay

Broken In

AMD Radeon HD 7670M - Notebookcheck.net Tech

it states that HD 7670M is a 128 bit card.. for any 128 bit card, 1 GB vs 2 GB memory doesnt make any difference (almost), because of lack of bandwidth to spend that memory..
This is the same reason why a GTX 650 (non ti 2 GB) is worse/almost equal to an HD 7770

For 2k, get Logitech G400, dont go for a 2k razer mouse, low end razer stuff sucks

What about gaming pads?? like razer nostromo gaming keypad?? Are they any good??

Nerevarine

Incarnate

gaming pads are meant to replace keyboards, not mouse.. even then, they suck.. nothing beats a good gaming keyboard

OP
A

Ankur Upadhyay

Broken In

gaming pads are meant to replace keyboards, not mouse.. even then, they suck.. nothing beats a good gaming keyboard

Ya, I know.. I am thinking about buying a nostromo gaming keypad and a gaming mouse. Playing games using a laptop keyboard is not easy. besides that lappy keyboard may get damaged because of regular gaming.

ShankJ

Been There, Done That!!

for less than 2k, go for the Logitech G400.. it'l come for around 1.6k..

swiftshashi

Beta Geek ;-)

There is absolutely no difference between the 1 GB or 2 GB version of 7670M..Its just a marketing gimmick..Better save some bucks and go for some nice headset or a cooling pad.

OP
A

Ankur Upadhyay

Broken In

Ok guys. Please suggest me if Razer Nostromo gaming keypad will be a good choice or not.. If not, plz suggest me good gaming keypads.. and will it be difficult to play FPS games with xbox controller for pc??

Top Bottom