Need to decide on an AMD A10 Richland architecture Laptop and questions on it's graphics?

TheSpaceDude

Broken In
1) What is your budget? (INR or USD)
30K-40K. I can go upto 45K only if it's REALLY REALLY worth it.

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?
Netbook; 11" - 10” screen or less
Thin and Light; 12" - 14" screen
Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen
Desktop Replacement; 17"+ screen

Mainstream (doesn't matter much though)

3) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
a. Like: null
b. Dislike: null

4) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?
I want it for daily tasks. it shouldn't lag AT ALL in doing normal tasks.

5) What screen resolution(s) & type (glossy/matte) would you prefer?
Doesn't matter.

6) Anything else you would like to say? (eg: local purchase, ASS,matte/glossy finish)
Nothing.

---------

I have already found a laptop:
Lenovo Essential G505s (59-380146) Laptop (APU Quad Core A10/ 8GB/ 1TB/ DOS/ 2.5GB Graph) - Lenovo: Flipkart.com

AMD A10 / 8GB /1TB / 2GB HD 8570 Graphics Card + integrated

----------
READ THIS FIRST PLEASE AND PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE ANSWER SPECIFICALLY TO MY QUERIES:

Before you fire off by saying that, "Dude A10 sucks! Buy Intel i5!" Please hear me out.

Will the A10 cause any sort of lag in day to day tasks like heavy browsing(10 tabs opened) or HD videoplayback? If yes, then will an i5 be an improvement over it in any way? If yes, then by how much?

Will the startup and shutdown speeds differ in A10 and i5? If yes, then by how much?

I know file compression and things take longer in A10 but it's not a deal breaker so.... fine by me!

Now, about the graphics:
Is HD 8570 a better card than HD 7670?
Is using dual graphics possible, like in HD 7670? (dedicated + integrated simultaneously)

Also note that this is A10 5750M variant. The new Richland architecture over Trinity. So please consider this. Thanks.

The reason I'm fine with AMD is that it's an APU. So, it won't use the HD 8570 graphic card for everything. It will use the integrated one for simple tasks like HD movies, games like CS (which I play a lot.. actually the only game I play) and maybe even FIFA. Thus, saving battery. I'm not sure about this but. I might be wrong. Can someone confirm this? If wrong, then correct me?

I know it's a long post I've made but I value my parent's money so I have to make a perfect decision. Thanks for helping.

Any recommendation for other laptop is also appreciated.

RON28

Cyborg Agent
Looking at your priorities that laptop which you have choose is perfect one. you should go ahead and buy that laptop.

But AMD 8570M is close to GT 630M.

Source :Anandtech.

DVJex

In the zone
Will the A10 cause any sort of lag in day to day tasks like heavy browsing(10 tabs opened) or HD videoplayback? If yes, then will an i5 be an improvement over it in any way? If yes, then by how much?
No(Idk if it's 10 YT tabs). No.

Now, about the graphics:
Is HD 8570 a better card than HD 7670?
Is using dual graphics possible, like in HD 7670? (dedicated + integrated simultaneously)

Also note that this is A10 5750M variant. The new Richland architecture over Trinity. So please consider this. Thanks.

The reason I'm fine with AMD is that it's an APU. So, it won't use the HD 8570 graphic card for everything. It will use the integrated one for simple tasks like HD movies, games like CS (which I play a lot.. actually the only game I play) and maybe even FIFA. Thus, saving battery. I'm not sure about this but. I might be wrong. Can someone confirm this? If wrong, then correct me?
The 8570 is worse.
Yea, in asymmetric crossfire.
You can use the integrated card in the new A10 for everything you listed(I play CS GO on my integrated 7660G from last gen A10 btw). I can't talk about the battery since I use my lap more like a desktop replacement, but theoretically it saves battery.
The 7670M vs 8570M argument is only useful if you want to play heavier games, if you do 7670M will be better.

Top Bottom