Need to buy a new phone (under 50k)

noobmax

Right off the assembly line
Update: I bought the OnePlus 8T 12+256
Hey Digit forums, I had been using a Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Pro since the last 16 months but unfortunately, my phone has given up on me and I'm in the market looking for a new phone. I have a maximum budget of 50k INR.

1. Budget?
under 50k
2. Display type and size?
doesn't matter much but a small one would be kinda better
3. Dual sim?
doesn't matter
4. Preferred choice of brand?
no Mi, Realme (UI full of bloat)
5. What camera option you want (flash, front facing camera)?
a decent camera is all I need, take it out click it, have a good photo
6. Preferred operating system? (Android, iOS,Stock Android etc).
Android
7. Preferred connectivity options (Dual 4G,802.11AC/5Ghz(not 5g mobile network) wifi).
5G not necessary
8. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, internet, gaming etc)?
My primary use case is browsing social media, a fair bit of Video consumption, and clicking pictures. I don't game much so that is not a concern. I'd appreciate an all-day battery life so that I don't have to carry a power bank around on my college campus.
9. Any specific mobile phones in consideration?
I was looking at the Pixel 4a which is being sold for 30k for the pure Android experience, but the reports of people getting their phone bricked from just rainwater put me into confusion.
I could get a Galaxy S20+ for 50k but sadly only Exynos versions are available here.
Another option that I'm considering is the recently launched OnePlus 8T, the 12+256 variant is available for 46k.

10. Any other info that you want to share
Which phone would get me the best bang for my buck and are there any other options that I should be considering in this price segment?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
S20+ is great if you aren't gaming, that Exynos performs a bit better than S855, not S865 level for sure. All its cameras are better than 8T. It has a full IP rating

Unless you really need 256GB storage, get the lower variant of OP 8T as 12GB RAM is useless now & next 3-4 years (4GB still works great). OP 8T has inferior cameras to S20+, my S8's main cam is similar to 8T (because OP has been using the same sensor since OP7). You will get updates till android 14 for 8T (most likely) whereas just till 13 for S20+. Surely its charges much faster & has a cleaner UI as well (for now as its starting to look more like One UI now). Surely its cheaper.

Top Bottom