Need to build pc for vfx works. Budget 60-65k

Kiran_g4e

Broken In
Hello geeks!
I'm planning to buy my dream rig. I mostly use it for photo editing, motion graphics, CG renders and video editing.
I know this budget is low but I can addup 5k+. Hope I get best suggestions as always.

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.' Vague answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work.)
Ans: I mostly use Photoshop, after effects, nuke, blender and any other cg tools. I don't play pc games much.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then please mention.
Ans: 60k-65k is my plan. Can extend a bit if I can get better config.

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: Nope.

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: windows 10

5. How much hard drive / solid-state drive space is needed?
Ans: atleast 1tb storage and 500gb SSD

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention the screen size and resolution you prefer. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, then do mention the screen size and resolution of the monitor you have.
Ans: I have recently bought Dell p2419H monitor. So can exclude.

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy? i.e. which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: monitor, keyboard, mouse, audio system are not required.

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: Mostly in April itself.

9. Have you ever built a desktop before? Or, will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: I can assemble it by myself.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Im from Andhrapradesh, can say Vijayawada is the nearby market. I can buy online if it's cheaper. Or I can goto Hyderabad

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: I love LEDbsetups, looking for led ram, funky rgb lights :D also need to buy a decent UPS, not for long duration just to save my work.

Last edited:

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Not the right time to buy a new rig. GPU availability is extremely bad and expecting CPU pricing to fall a bit, thanks to RocketLake chips.

AMD kaavaala Intel kaavaala?

OP
K

Kiran_g4e

Broken In
Not the right time to buy a new rig. GPU availability is extremely bad and expecting CPU pricing to fall a bit, thanks to RocketLake chips.

AMD kaavaala Intel kaavaala?
Yeah. :( My pc is almost dead, don't want to buy am3 socket mobo again. Im willing to wait till May end or get it without gpu. I have 710 2gb gpu, might use it temporarily if it's better than on board one.
I'm thinking of Ryzen, but if Intel equalent is cheaper may consider that.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Yeah. :( My pc is almost dead, don't want to buy am3 socket mobo again. Im willing to wait till May end or get it without gpu. I have 710 2gb gpu, might use it temporarily if it's better than on board one.
I'm thinking of Ryzen, but if Intel equalent is cheaper may consider that.
Then it is better to wait. Intel Core i5-11400 and 11600K are very good chips with built-in GPU. AMD has no option but to respond with lower prices for 3600X and 5600X. But there is a catch here. Look for good offers on these four CPUs.

Both Intel and AMD are moving to new socket (Intel is going to LGA1700 at end of this year and AMD is going with AM5 next year) and both will be moving to DDR5 RAM. Which means that whatever you buy will not be of attractive value in market next year. If you are buying one, get something that can easily last 2 years atleast (cpu+mobo+ram) and when you are ready for upgrade, DDR5 and new platforms would've well stabilized (price and bug free).

TheSloth

The Slowest One
^Good advice in 2nd para,
But is it wise to go for Intel's 11th gen? We know 10th gen is good value for the price/performance. Better to save money and go for 10th gen and change the setup once DDR5 is in mainstream.

Also, I am not updated on the 11th gen CPUs. Does anyone know here How hot are they compare to 10th gen counterparts?

Last edited:
OP
K

Kiran_g4e

Broken In
Then it is better to wait. Intel Core i5-11400 and 11600K are very good chips with built-in GPU. AMD has no option but to respond with lower prices for 3600X and 5600X. But there is a catch here. Look for good offers on these four CPUs.

Both Intel and AMD are moving to new socket (Intel is going to LGA1700 at end of this year and AMD is going with AM5 next year) and both will be moving to DDR5 RAM. Which means that whatever you buy will not be of attractive value in market next year. If you are buying one, get something that can easily last 2 years atleast (cpu+mobo+ram) and when you are ready for upgrade, DDR5 and new platforms would've well stabilized (price and bug free).
Okay. Thanks for the suggestion, Let's see after 2 months. :)

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
The 11600K is the best Intel midrange chip that competes directly with 5600X and may come out cheaper. This will make AMD cut the price of. 5500x or launcg 5600. Either way, it's a win win for buyers.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
The 11600K is the best Intel midrange chip that competes directly with 5600X and may come out cheaper. This will make AMD cut the price of. 5500x or launcg 5600. Either way, it's a win win for buyers.
I am not sure if its really best choice here for the OP's budget. 11600K power consumption and temps doesn't look good. 10600K is another good option but for 6C/12T, why to spend more for minimal performance improvement. If OP plans to upgrade entire setup in just 2 years, I would rather suggest to save money and go for Ryzen5 3600 and build system around that. Once things are looking settled with DDR5 platform, spend money on that setup instead of spending all money on EOL platform today. If money is not a problem today and ready to spend today then wait for 5600X prices to come down or just go with it because of low power cosumption but better temps compare to 11600K. Look for offline shops, since I have seen the people on reddit finding offline below 27K INR.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
I am not sure if its really best choice here for the OP's budget. 11600K power consumption and temps doesn't look good. 10600K is another good option but for 6C/12T, why to spend more for minimal performance improvement. If OP plans to upgrade entire setup in just 2 years, I would rather suggest to save money and go for Ryzen5 3600 and build system around that. Once things are looking settled with DDR5 platform, spend money on that setup instead of spending all money on EOL platform today. If money is not a problem today and ready to spend today then wait for 5600X prices to come down or just go with it because of low power cosumption but better temps compare to 11600K. Look for offline shops, since I have seen the people on reddit finding offline below 27K INR.
Definitely not saying that Intel 11600K is the better option for OP. That was a response to a question 'But is it wise to go for Intel's 11th gen?' Also, my point is that Intel's RKL pricing will make AMD reduce prices of its existing Zen 2 and Zen 3 chips which will be good for those who are looking to buy a new PC.

11600K power consumption and temps are as expected on the high side as it is a 125W chip. My 5800X is a 105W chip and I had to change my cabinet, add Hyper 212 cooler and an extra fan to keep it cool. There are some buyers who want and only want an Intel PC. For them, 11600K is a very good deal as it performs better than 10th gen chips in same price point. Otherwise, Intel has to be avoided.

Top Bottom