Need suggestions for MB, GPU and Processor. Budget - INR 15-20K

vikneshdbz

Broken In
Hi,

This is my first post. Forgive me for any mistakes and here's my answers for the Questionnaire.

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run?

Ans:
I will be using this PC only for designing and NO games. I run Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects and sometimes 3ds Max.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans:
15K to 20K INR Max. (Only for MB, GPU, Processor)

3. Planning to overclock?

Ans:
Heard of that but never know it in deep. Any info will be helpful.

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?

Ans:
Windows 8.1

5. How much hard drive space is needed?

Ans:
Not upgrading.

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.

Ans:
No need. I currently have a HP LE2202X 1080P monitor *h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c02889161

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?

Ans:
I am going to use everything as much as I can from the old pc.

I plan to reuse my RAM if its compatible with the new MB.
Open to buy a new PSU if my New Zebronics 400W won't be good enough.
No HDD, Monitor, Keyboard, Disk drive and Cabinet.

8. When are you planning to buy the system?

Ans:
ASAP

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?

Ans:
My friends will be assembling this or by an Assembler. But never Me.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?

Ans:
I am living in Chennai, India and will be buying everything locally (due to issues in warranty claiming and service centers if buying online).

11. Anything else which you would like to say?

Ans:
I heard that Photoshop, which I use the most is mainly RAM and Processor dependent. Suggestions based on that will be helpful. I would like to make use of the most out of my PC. That's all from my end. I am always ready to answer any questions.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Intel i3 4150 7,500
GIGABYTE GA-H81M-S2PH 4,400
Zotac GTX 750 Ti 10,500

Will the PSU have separate budget? Is the RAM ddr2 or ddr3?

OP
V

vikneshdbz

Broken In
Please don't think in the gamer's perspective :|. As I mentioned earlier I am a Designer and I use Photoshop heavily :cool:.

I read in the Adobe forum that Photoshop uses RAM and Processor more than the GPU. So I thought of expanding the RAM so that Photoshop gets enough power on multitasking. I already have 8GB Ram in another PC and it does slow down sometimes on using Photoshop with other softwares. And I don't think 32GB is way too much since I have seen many fellow designers working on 32GB RAM. :)

I might be wrong :) But I want to get the most out of my PC :D

Top Bottom