Need Suggestions for a ultra wide monitor

centinal

Broken In
Need some suggestions for ultra wide monitor main purpose web design and development.
should be able to connect to both mac and windows laptops.
ideal budget 20k max 25k if specs are really good then last 30k.

-Thanks!

I don't think there's any specific connector for mac, just get a converter to convert type C to HDMI.

amazon.in/Acer-CB342CK-UltraWide-FREESYNC-Technology/dp/B09LD6HV1Q/
This seems to be the cheapest 1440p ultrawide. IMO get QHD over FHD ultrawide as the extra pixels are worth it that size.

You also need a 15A to 5A converter for its cable. Bad habit of Acer to include 15A plug with its monitors which don't need 15A.

Thanks @omega44-xt ,
What would be a good price point to get a good ultra wide monitor?
also please suggest some options in that range
I don't actively track ultrawide monitor prices & launches, so not sure if any other website has a better deal. But based on what I know of monitors, you don't want 1080p height when you are spending so much, so look for 1440p UW options only.

Ultrawides have always been expensive & are a niche category relatively. Other than the model I suggested earlier, I don't see any other 1440p ultrawide under 30k.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
any other suggestions you'd give say under 40k +- 5k
LG 32 (80 cm) LED 2560 x 1440 Pixels Ultragear QHD Nano IPS 1ms 165Hz HDR Monitor with G-SYNC Compatibility, 3-Side Virtually Borderless Display, Tilt/Height/Pivot Adjustable Stand (32GP850-B) *amzn.eu/d/hr7cjkU

Sent from my SM-M317F using Tapatalk

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Check this one
*www.amazon.in/LG-Ultrawide-34Wn780-Display-Inbuilt/dp/B09T34VHST
find user reviews before finalizing, you can check on reddit

If possible, consider 32" non-ultrawide. Most of decent 34" are curved which will not suit for your work.

OP
C

centinal

Broken In
@TheSloth
@omega44-xt
@SaiyanGoku

Thanks for the suggestions
Have two options now

1. Buy 2 * 27inch 4k samsung monitor ips
*samsung.com/in/monitors/high-resol...SpkW7VqIAzrUYZZsKjF8P2nX08bx3TjRoCL9QQAvD_BwE

2. Buy one 34 inch ultrawide monitor 2k or more resolution

Pleased suggest
Use is to do full fledged web development like chrome + chrome debugger + figma screens + vscode.

Last edited:
@TheSloth
@omega44-xt
@SaiyanGoku

Thanks for the suggestions
Have two options now

1. Buy 2 * 27inch 4k samsung monitor ips

2. Buy one 34 inch ultrawide monitor 2k or more resolution

Pleased suggest
Use is to do full fledged web development like chrome + chrome debugger + figma screens + vscode.
Remove "*www." from links

How much is that 27" 4K monitor costing you per piece? Last I checked, IPS ones start at 30k per piece. For dual monitor, can buy a 27" 1440p monitor with a 24" 1080p monitor vertically mounted (if you want).

I use dual monitors & for me dual monitors are easily better than a single ultrawide monitor. There are apps to make a ultrawide monitor's areas to behave as if its separate displays or something, to get the benefit of a dual monitor.

OP
C

centinal

Broken In
Remove "*www." from links

How much is that 27" 4K monitor costing you per piece? Last I checked, IPS ones start at 30k per piece. For dual monitor, can buy a 27" 1440p monitor with a 24" 1080p monitor vertically mounted (if you want).

I use dual monitors & for me dual monitors are easily better than a single ultrawide monitor. There are apps to make a ultrawide monitor's areas to behave as if its separate displays or something, to get the benefit of a dual monitor.
Removed www from links

offline dealer and price is around 23k-24k.

I was thinking same like 2k 34inch uw is around 35 atleast.
2 * 27inch 4k I thought would give me more screen space

TheSloth

The Slowest One
2*27 inch monitor is good choice for work but do you have that much desk space to accommodate 2 monitors, it will be wider than one 34" monitor.

Top Bottom