Need suggestion for two PC builds

kaz

right here
Hello guys, I need config suggestions for building two basic PCs.
  • My friend's uncle in Kolkata is looking to build a PC for his <10 years old kids. This would only be used for web browsing and office apps. No gaming. Budget is around ₹30k and he will be getting it assembled at MD Computers or Vedanta Computers. Please suggest an Intel as well as AMD builds as I wanted to give them both the options as they are more inclined towards Intel. And, will be possible to include an SSD in this build?
  • Another friend of mine in Mumbai is planning to build a PC for office use, no gaming here as well and the budget is around ₹60k. This system will be used for office purpose and should be able to run 2 monitors as he plans to get another monitor later this year. This system will be picked up from PrimeABGB.
Both don't have any existing components so a monitor, keyboard, mouse, UPS, speaker need to be included in the builds. Please provide your suggestions.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
I am gonna be honest with you, there is no good enough intel config at 30k budget when compared to AMD. Please fill the questionnaire for both builds (need info for monitor).

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Hello guys, I need config suggestions for building two basic PCs.
  • My friend's uncle in Kolkata is looking to build a PC for his <10 years old kids. This would only be used for web browsing and office apps. No gaming. Budget is around ₹30k and he will be getting it assembled at MD Computers or Vedanta Computers. Please suggest an Intel as well as AMD builds as I wanted to give them both the options as they are more inclined towards Intel. And, will be possible to include an SSD in this build?
  • Another friend of mine in Mumbai is planning to build a PC for office use, no gaming here as well and the budget is around ₹60k. This system will be used for office purpose and should be able to run 2 monitors as he plans to get another monitor later this year. This system will be picked up from PrimeABGB.
Both don't have any existing components so a monitor, keyboard, mouse, UPS, speaker need to be included in the builds. Please provide your suggestions.
Please fill this up for both the builds:Asking for new PC help? ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS FIRST

I didn't check the latest prices, but expect prices to be somewhere around what I mention.

30k rig:
CPU - Intel Pentium G5400 - 4.6k

Mobo - Asus Prime H310M-E - 4.5k

RAM - 1x8GB DDR4 2400MHz - 2.5k

GPU - None

SSD - Kingston A400 120GB 2.5″ - 1.6k

HDD - WD/Seagate 1TB - 3k

PSU - Corsair CX450 - 3.4k

Cabinet - Corsair SPEC 01 - 2.9k

Monitor - Acer K222HQL 21.5″ 1080p - 5.6k (or any other cheap 1080p monitor)

Total - 28.1k

KB + mouse + speaker - Atleast 0.7k

UPS will push it over 30k

60k rig:
CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 2400G - 10k

Mobo - Asrock B450 Pro4 ATX - 7k*

RAM - 2x8GB DDR4 3000MHz - 6k

GPU - None

Monitor 1 - BenQ GW2480 24" 1080p IPS - 9.5k

Monitor 2 - BenQ GW2480 24" 1080p IPS - 9.5k

Total - 52.9k

Integrated GPUs can support up to 3 monitors, so no need for a dedicated GPU. That monitor seems like a good choice as it is a good cheap 24" IPS & has all the ports that most mobos have, VGA, HDMI & even a DP. Get KB, mouse, speakers & UPS with remaining money. Those monitors have speakers, but I doubt they are good.

Reactions: kaz
OP
kaz

kaz

right here
For the ₹30k PC

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')

Ans: This will be used only for educational purposes by two kids under 15 years. Chrome, MS Word, Powerpoint are the applications which would be run on it.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: 30-35k

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: Never

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: 1TB HDD with an SSD would be great

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: Yes, a 20-inch 1080p should be good enough

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: None, building from scratch

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: This weekend

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: This will be built at MD Computers or Vedanta Computers

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Kolkata and no parts will be purchased online

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: Open to both AMD and Intel build (convinced my friend to convince his uncle to consider AMD)

OP
kaz

kaz

right here
For the 60k build

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')

Ans: Office use and online trading and should be able to handle two monitors in the future. No gaming.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: ₹60k and can be extended up to ₹70k

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: No

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: 2TB HDD with an SSD

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: Yes, need one monitor. A 24 or 27 inch would be great. Plans to add another monitor in the future and may not be included in this build.

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: Building from scratch.

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: This month.

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: This will be built by PrimeABGB store.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Mumbai and not planning to buy anything online.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: Please suggest the build under 70k and an additional monitor which he may buy in the future.

OP
kaz

kaz

right here
I didn't check the latest prices, but expect prices to be somewhere around what I mention.

30k rig:

GPU - None

Total - 28.1k

60k rig:

GPU - None

Total - 52.9k

Integrated GPUs can support up to 3 monitors, so no need for a dedicated GPU. That monitor seems like a good choice as it is a good cheap 24" IPS & has all the ports that most mobos have, VGA, HDMI & even a DP. Get KB, mouse, speakers & UPS with remaining money. Those monitors have speakers, but I doubt they are good.

Thanks, this looks good. Can you suggest and AMD build for the 30k PC. For the 60k build, we don't need to include two monitors in the budget. One will be bought later.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
This is a dual core CPU which nobody should use in 2020 IMO. :|
Please consider that this PC might be used for 5-10 years without any upgrades.
Dual core cpu is still enough for many basic tasks & will continue to do so for next few years. I myself am using a dual core laptop for last 3 years & my usage can certainly be considered more than what is required here. This is also when my dual core processor is almost 45% slower than g5400. Also I don't think people should expect their system to last more than 5 years nowadays(specifically talking about mobo). :neutral:

gcbeldar

In the zone

30k rig:

GPU - None

Total - 28.1k

60k rig:

GPU - None

Total - 52.9k

Source of Price ?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Source of Price ?
Approx but you can check these sites:
*mdcomputers.in/
*www.vedantcomputers.com/
Buy Online Computer Hardware | Gaming PC & Accessories | Gaming Laptops & more & its sister site Buy SSD in India | Online Laptop SSD Drives | SSD Drive Price
*www.theitdepot.com/

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Budget -36.4K (AMD APU Rig)

Processor -AMD Ryzen 3 3200G -7.6K
Motherboard -Asus EX-A320M-Gaming -5.4k
RAM -ADATA XPG D30 8GB 3200Mhz -2.9k
SSD -ADATA Ultimate SU630 240GB -2.2k
HDD - Seagate Barracuda 1TB -3.2
PSU -Cooler Master MWE 450w -2.5k
GPU -Onboard
Cabinet -Antec VSK 4000B -2.2k
Monitor -BenQ GW2283 22" LED IPS -7.2k (vedantcomputers)
KB Combo -Logitech MK200 -.8k
UPS - APC 600VA UPS -2.4k (Amazon.in)

Total -36.4k

All above prices are taken from mdcomputers except specified above.

Budget -39.5K (Intel iGPU RIG)

Processor -Intel i3 9100 -10.3k (primeabgb.com)
Motherboard -Gigabyte B365M Gaming-HD -5.8k (vedantcomputers)
RAM -ADATA XPG D30 8GB 3200Mhz -2.9k
SSD -ADATA Ultimate SU630 240GB -2.2k
HDD - Seagate Barracuda 1TB -3.2
PSU -Cooler Master MWE 450w -2.5k
GPU -Onboard
Cabinet -Antec VSK 4000B -2.2k
Monitor -BenQ GW2283 22" LED IPS -7.2k (vedantcomputers)
KB Combo -Logitech MK200 -.8k
UPS - APC 600VA UPS -2.4k (Amazon.in)

Total -39.5k

All above prices are taken from mdcomputers except specified above.

Budget -62.6k (AMD APU Rig)

Processor -AMD Ryzen 5 3400G -13.1k
Motherboard -Asrock B450 Pro 4 -7.4k
RAM -ADATA XPG Gammix D30 16GB(8GBx2) 3200Mhz -6.5k
SSD -Intel 660P 512GB NVME SSD -7.2k
HDD -WD Blue 2TB -4.7k
PSU -Antec NEOECO 550M 550w -4.3k
GPU -Onboard
Monitor -BenQ GW2780 27inch LED IPS -12.7k
Cabinet -Antec GX202 Blue -3k
KB & Mouse -ANT ESports KM540W Gaming Combo -1.3k
UPS -APC 600VA UPS -2.4k (Amazon.in)

Total -62.6K

All above prices are taken from primeabgb excpet specified above.

Last edited:
Thanks, this looks good. Can you suggest and AMD build for the 30k PC. For the 60k build, we don't need to include two monitors in the budget. One will be bought later.
This is a dual core CPU which nobody should use in 2020 IMO. :|
Please consider that this PC might be used for 5-10 years without any upgrades.
Another option is AMD Athlon 200GE, that's also a 2c/4t CPU. Jumping to R3 3200G (4c/4t) + B450 is an option, not sure if A320 supports Ryzen 3000 (but A series is considered bad in AMD).

Sadly for the budget, those are all that you can get. I feel 2c/4t will do just fine for web browsing & MS Office for years to come. Do check the AMD 36k rig that bssunil posted, find about Ryzen 3000 support on A320.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
I will suggest 3200G because of 4 cores (4C/4T).

I also think a lot of casual users have a habit of installing vague applications that run in background and using a large number of Chrome/Firefox tabs.

OP
kaz

kaz

right here
WhatsApp Image 2020-06-06 at 3.50.11 PM.jpeg

After getting this quote friend's uncle is telling 30k is the max he will spend:-(

I think a Pentium processor with a Microtek UPS and a iBall Cabinet will be the only option left now

OP
kaz

kaz

right here
Also, I'm not sure if MD Computers will install Windows for free if not, then that would push the price a lot higher. IMO Lenovo Ideapad S145 at 30.5k (with 1.5k Citi Bank discount) makes more sense to me now.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
View attachment 19118

After getting this quote friend's uncle is telling 30k is the max he will spend:-(

I think a Pentium processor with a Microtek UPS and a iBall Cabinet will be the only option left now
Then ask him to get a ~2 year old used laptop with 8th gen i5, 8GB ram and 256GB ssd with warranty left. Used PC parts are also an option but if kids are going to be the primary users, does it even matter?

Also, I'm not sure if MD Computers will install Windows for free if not, then that would push the price a lot higher. IMO Lenovo Ideapad S145 at 30.5k (with 1.5k Citi Bank discount) makes more sense to me now.
That has a dual core CPU. Don't waste money on it.

View attachment 19118

Go the Pentium G5400 or Athlon 200GE route. MAde some other changes as well.

CPU - AMD Athlon 200GE - 3.7k

Mobo - Gigabyte GA 320M - 4.3k

RAM - 1x8GB DDR4 2666MHz - 3.4k

GPU - None

SSD - SU650 120GB - 2.2k

HDD - WD/Seagate 1TB - 3.3k

PSU - MWE 450 - 2.6k

Cabinet - Whatever that is - 2.4k

Monitor - This AOC - 6k

UPS - APC 600VA - 3.2k

KB+mouse - El cheapo - 0.5k

Total - 31.6k