1. Budget?
₹12-13K

2. Display type and size?
- (does not matter)

3. Dual sim?
- (does not matter)

4. Preferred choice of brand?
- redmi, realme

5. What camera option you want (flash, front facing camera)?
- best camera phone needed in a budget. all necessary requirements for good camera phone (front and rear)

6. Preferred operating system? (Android, iOS,Stock Android etc).
- Android

7. Preferred connectivity options (Dual 4G,802.11AC/5Ghz(not 5g mobile network) wifi).
- 4G

8. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, internet, gaming etc)?
- Camera, instagram, internet, multimedia..

9. Any specific mobile phones in consideration?
- Realme XT, Realme 5 pro, realme 3 pro
- Redmi Note 8, Redmi Note 7 Pro, Redmi Note 7S, Redmi Note 7
- Samsung Galaxy M30s

10. Any other info that you want to share
- using Xiaomi mi 4i for long time,
will use exchange offer and other offers available to make it in budget.
- there will be no rooting on android.
- using GCam most of the times, for photos.

purchasing in diwali if possible.. for sales and offers

Last edited:

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
You missed note 7 pro for 10.8k(default offers) to 9.8k(a 1000 off coupon was there for a day but finished very fast).Since you are comfortable with redmi phone till now so go with note 7 pro with one thing to keep in mind,note 8 pro is launching later so make sure you won't regret your purchase if it is later found out that note 8 pro camera is even better.

OP
TigerKing

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl
You missed note 7 pro for 10.8k(default offers) to 9.8k(a 1000 off coupon was there for a day but finished very fast).Since you are comfortable with redmi phone till now so go with note 7 pro with one thing to keep in mind,note 8 pro is launching later so make sure you won't regret your purchase if it is later found out that note 8 pro camera is even better.
Budget problem..
Note 8 pro price will be higher for my budget and price still unclear..

Note 8 is in radar..

**Addition to your last sentence there is no GCam for 48mp camera. Also note 7 pro lacks individual/device specific support for GCam ports from Devs.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
**Addition to your last sentence there is no GCam for 48mp camera. Also note 7 pro lacks individual/device specific support for GCam ports from Devs.
I am not sure but have you checked the xda forum section for note 7 pro.I think gcam mod(whichever version/versions) works for note 7 pro camera except for may be 1-2 options.

Redmi Note 7 Pro with Gcam might be your best bet. Even RN7S & Mi A3 have same sensor apparently, not sure of how active community is at xda for them for gcam ports.

OP
TigerKing

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl
I will wait for Note 8 release, buying decision after confirmed price and discounts available..

for selfie person, only downside, front camera is of 13mp same as note 7 (don't know about sensor), at least 20mp or 16mp should be given. (megapixel does not always means quality but still..)
note 6 pro had dual selfie camera 20+2

I will wait for Note 8 release, buying decision after confirmed price and discounts available..

for selfie person, only downside, front camera is of 13mp same as note 7 (don't know about sensor), at least 20mp or 16mp should be given. (megapixel does not always means quality but still..)
note 6 pro had dual selfie camera 20+2
8/10MP selfie cam of flagships blows high MP budget selfie cams out of water. My S8's 8MP is better than 16MP of OP6/6T, more prominent during low light with more noise visible in OP6. So more MP is a poor metric for comparison.

Mi A3 has 32MP if you really want high MP. The 720p display might or might not be a cause for concern depending on your current phone's resolution.

Last edited:
OP
TigerKing

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl
Note 8 for 12999, 6gb + 128gb.. with exchange for mi 4i..
So price will be 11999..

Good deal???

Or any other option??

They are promoting loud smartspeaker in note 8..
And water cooling in note 8 pro..

Check Amazon for more detail..

*www.amazon.in/b/ref=s9_acss_bw_cg_Wave2_4a1_w?node=19038492031
*www.amazon.in/b/ref=s9_acss_bw_cg_Wave2_4b1_w?node=19350153031

Last edited:

Sai.Sharingan

Broken In
So price will be 11999..

Good deal???

Or any other option??

This time they provided 18W fast charging.. Except that i dont see any big noticable increment.. It depends on the person to person. But 18w FC is worth.
If its NOTE 8 PRO then go for it. Check for any DC /CC 10% discount offers and Exchange(in case u don't use ur old phone at all)

So price will be 11999..

Good deal???

Or any other option??

If you are getting 2k off with exchange, just get Redmi Note 8 Pro for 16k or 15k variant.

Last edited:
OP
TigerKing

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl
If you are getting 2k off with exchange, just get Redmi Note 8 Pro for 16k or 15k variant.
Sorry but no MT SoC, only Snapdragon..
All Google pixel devices GCam build for Snapdragon SoC..
so note 8 option only..
Even 13k budget is far stretched..
13k minus 1k exchange (mi 4i) minus 1k discount on cards..
Is there any head to head competition from any other company with same budget of 13k..
What about Realme 5pro camera comparison with this one?

Sorry but no MT SoC, only Snapdragon..
All Google pixel devices GCam build for Snapdragon SoC..
so note 8 option only..
Even 13k budget is far stretched..
13k minus 1k exchange (mi 4i) minus 1k discount on cards..
Is there any head to head competition from any other company with same budget of 13k..
What about Realme 5pro camera comparison with this one?
I personally don't suggest any Oppo or Vivo phones due to their OS. Realme is no different although it has better specs than the other two usually. Check the review of Realme XT by Android Authority to see what I mean. MIUI is more polished & they support their phones for 2 years with MIUI updates.

For GCam, go ahead with Note 8 then. It likely has the same main camera as Note 7 Pro, which is good.

Sai.Sharingan

Broken In
I totally Agree with the 'anupam'.. Always prefer the brand which has support in your place. RealMe OS is not that good and who knows about the support. Though they have good specs and camera performance to compete with phones like MI.
If you are a person who keep changing phone like every 6months or so.. then you might consider realme 5 pro, and also there is a vivo z1 pro which is also a good cam phone. Another option is Samsung m30s but MI takes an edge among all...

My friends have both Realme 3 pro and MI note 7 pro. And i can say MI is a best bet for the price now. Like i said Note 7 pro and Note 8 there isn't much difference. I think note 7 pro has slightly better proc and note 8 has fast charger... There are so many camera comparision between the two on youtube.. Go with the one whichever u see is good in terms of picture quality(Some like more bright pictures, some like punchy colors which are artificial and some very natural ones which most dont like the way it is )

OP
TigerKing

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl
I personally don't suggest any Oppo or Vivo phones due to their OS. Realme is no different although it has better specs than the other two usually. Check the review of Realme XT by Android Authority to see what I mean. MIUI is more polished & they support their phones for 2 years with MIUI updates.

For GCam, go ahead with Note 8 then. It likely has the same main camera as Note 7 Pro, which is good.

Ok..
Note 8 confirmed as of now..
But only thing remains now which sensor they are offering..
Most sites, blogs videos suggests device will be having Samsung sensor to cut down the price..
I really wish that sony imx586 sensor should be there..
(Some of the users are still searching for sensor details by 30fps and 60fps on 4pda.ru)

In that case.. note 7 pro seems better choice.. for photography.. it's confusing.

OP
TigerKing

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl
I totally Agree with the 'anupam'.. Always prefer the brand which has support in your place. RealMe OS is not that good and who knows about the support. Though they have good specs and camera performance to compete with phones like MI.
If you are a person who keep changing phone like every 6months or so.. then you might consider realme 5 pro, and also there is a vivo z1 pro which is also a good cam phone. Another option is Samsung m30s but MI takes an edge among all...

My friends have both Realme 3 pro and MI note 7 pro. And i can say MI is a best bet for the price now. Like i said Note 7 pro and Note 8 there isn't much difference. I think note 7 pro has slightly better proc and note 8 has fast charger... There are so many camera comparision between the two on youtube.. Go with the one whichever u see is good in terms of picture quality(Some like more bright pictures, some like punchy colors which are artificial and some very natural ones which most dont like the way it is )

Sorry but your opinion stuck with fast charging and fast processing.. and i need camera phone within budget..
Faster Processing is needed and can be considered when there are identical camera modules.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Sorry but your opinion stuck with fast charging and fast processing.. and i need camera phone within budget..
Faster Processing is needed and can be considered when there are identical camera modules.
I am using Nokia 8.1 (Iron, 64 GB) (4 GB RAM) since past month and its awesome. I even installed Gcam and the pictures are just top nocth.
Its coming for 14.5k in flipkart for the 4GB, 64GB version and it comes with SD710 Soc.
Features:
SD710 Soc, EIS , OIS, HDR10 Display, 4GB, 64GB ROM, Android 10 already released 7 days ago to this phone.
Now I am running Android 10.

Sai.Sharingan

Broken In

Well Note 7 pro and Note 8 are both have similar Camera. There isn't much to notice.. I mentioned about processing coz many would go for best possible Brain. That doesn't mean Note 8 is weaker. Its just Note 7 pro has an Edge.
If i were you i would definately go for Note 8 PRO then Note 8,just for the fast charger,it makes life easy and last Note 7 pro. And it totally depends on the person. Camera wise all are similar unless we compare..

Sai.Sharingan

Broken In
I am using Nokia 8.1 (Iron, 64 GB) (4 GB RAM) since past month and its awesome. I even installed Gcam and the pictures are just top nocth.
Its coming for 14.5k in flipkart for the 4GB, 64GB version and it comes with SD710 Soc.
Features:
SD710 Soc, EIS , OIS, HDR10 Display, 4GB, 64GB ROM, Android 10 already released 7 days ago to this phone.
Now I am running Android 10.

He is strictly under 12k...

Top Bottom