Need stereo setup: 50K

Sahil Verma

Right off the assembly line
Hi All,

Looking for some bbuying advice for an audio setup. Thanks in advance for your help.

Budget: Starts from 10K Upto 50K, might go even higher but will need perceiveable difference to spend the extra

amount

What I listen to: Mostly EDM and movies

Requirements: Some form of wireless connectivity is a must (maybe can get a chromecast if needed?)
My room size is around 14 feet by 14 feet. Listening distance is around 12 feet.However, the speakers might be placed only 3 feet apart.
Also, I like to spend once and get the best possible, so no buying again and again.

Sound Signature: I like tight, punchy and detailed bass, not over the top and definitely not boomy. A slightly
warm signature is preferrred rather than reference or neutral.

Some pointers: The following is what I have shortlisted as of yet:

1. Swan M10: Has fairly good reviews but no wireless connectivity. Will prefer this if alternatives don't have
massive improvements.

2. Swan M200MKII: Has awesome reviews. Only concern is I think they are designed for near-field listening. Will a distance of around 12 feet from me to the speakers cause a drop in quality?

3. Wharfedale Diamond 225: I think things get serious here. However this will need an amplifier to pair with it; and I have absolutely no clue about Amps.

4. Sony SRS-X99: Sounds good but I think I will lose out on stereo imaging?

Please give any other suggestions you might have.

Also, if you suggest Wharfedale Diamond 225, please suggest a good amp as well. I might upgrade my system to a home theater later (a lot later and not sure if i will be doing that).
So, do you suggest a stereo amp or a home theater amp (If home theater, I want it to be future proof with
ATMOS/DTX etc.)

If you can suggest a place in Bangalore where I can audition these or any other setup, it will be very helpful.

Eagerly awaiting some advice. Thanks Again.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
I use a Swans M10 and its amazing, but IDK how big of a difference it would be comparing it to a 50K speaker setup.
U can easily add Bluetooth recieving capabilities to it using a Signature acoustics bluetooth receiver, or a Logitech Bluetooth receiver.

OP
S

Sahil Verma

Ive heard many times that M10 is good for rock/classical. Not so much for EDM (esp fast paced). Is it true? How is your EDM experience with M10s?

Nerevarine

Incarnate
These arent bass heavy speakers, but it does deliver on mids and highs.
For instrumental music, these are just perfect. Ive compared them to a UE Wonderboom and these shatter it to pieces.

OP
S

Sahil Verma

Hi all,

After a lot of thought, I have decided to pair Wharfedfale diamond 225 (*www.hifimart.com/wharfedale-diamond-225-speakers-pair.html)with a Yamaha amp RX-583 (*www.amazon.in/Yamaha-Dolby-Atmos-Bluetooth-Watts/dp/B074N24256).
Just a few contentions:
1. Did not get a chance to audition the Diamond 225 pair anywhere. Any suggestions?
2. I read in multiple places that AVRs are not good for music. Will my setup have flaws? Could you please explain what do i expect from this system vs the speakers paired with a good dual channel amp.
3. Is there any place where i can get this setup for cheaper/ any discounts you might know of.

Hello Sahil,
Since you have already received a recommendation for the M10, I suggest you to take a look @ Swans' 2.0 models such as D1080 series, M200A and M200MKIII. The D1080 is often used for studio monitoring so should suit your purpose....my two cents.

Top Bottom