Need solution to connect 5.1 speaker to Android TV

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
What I've :-

1. Hisense A71F 43" TV
(This has regular analog 2 channel o/p i.e left and right and co-axial cable o/p)
2. Logitech X540 5.1 (Yes its the ancient one, serving me 13 years)
O/P old analog but 5.1 channel o/p i.e. center, left and right.

What I want to do:-

Now, I need a solution to connect above two.
TV has good sound but flat sound and I really love the sound of X540.

Let me know what are my options.

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
You need an adapter like this: Shayaan Digital DTS AC3 Optical to Analog 5.1CH HD Audio Sound Decoder SPDIF Coaxial : Amazon.in: Electronics

You will then need 3 sets of RCA to 3.5mm cables. Try to get good quality cables from cablecreation/bluerigger/Amazon basics if your budget permits.

OP
rhitwick

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
You need an adapter like this: Shayaan Digital DTS AC3 Optical to Analog 5.1CH HD Audio Sound Decoder SPDIF Coaxial : Amazon.in: Electronics

You will then need 3 sets of RCA to 3.5mm cables. Try to get good quality cables from cablecreation/bluerigger/Amazon basics if your budget permits.
*m.media-amazon.com/images/I/61wbI28Se4L._SL1024_.jpg

These are the i/p options of the adapter.

And in TV, I've these

Optical digital audio output (SPDIF) - 1
Headphone/Earphone Jack - 1

Assuming I can opt for SPDIF audio o/p option from TV, is this right cable?
*www.amazon.in/CableCreation-CF0057...=1&keywords=SPDIF+cable&qid=1629785674&sr=8-5

OP
rhitwick

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Also, I'm not exactly sure how do I connect my 5.1 to this.

Speaker expects 3 i/p options; center, front and rear.

However this device expects SPDIF as i/p (which I'll bring from TV)
Then how do I send the same to sound system?

This is back of my subwoofer,
*techgage.com/reviews/logitech/x-540/logitech_x540_08.jpg

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
The cable you've linked is correct. That cable goes from your TV to one of the optical inputs on the adapter. The other side of the adapter has 6 RCA outs. But your speaker has 3.5 mm inputs. So you need 3 sets of RCA Male to 3.5 mm male cables, looks like these:
1629799774226.png

Now just match the front/rear etc. on the output and the input and plug in the cable.

Keep in mind that all these cables are vital for carrying the audio signal. So you should use good quality cables. My suggested brands are Bluerigger, Amazon basics, Cablecreation, and Cablesetc in decreasing order of preference. There are, of course, even better and more expensive brands, but I suppose these would suffice for this setup. Bluerigger is most preferred but might be expensive. Amazon Basics does not seem to be available for some reason. Cablecreation would be next best. Look at the ratings and reviews before you buy and buy highly rated ones. Get what fits in your budget, since you'll need 3 of them. Bluerigger is around 800 for one.

OP
rhitwick

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Bought decoder long back. Still not successful.

X540 is not that compatible to AUX to RCA cable. Specially the cable does properly fit X540 input ports at backend.
I've another Philips 5.1 (bought for CD/DVD player) which may fit whole setup (Android TC + AUX to RCA + Decoder + home theater)

But, I would still need to connect this X540 to another TV (that is android too). Need to find a way too.

To be specific, for X540 the male jacks are of type AUX type i.e. 2 notches on the metal part. Whereas the AUX to RCA cable does not have any such notch. Not sure what kind of cable to use.

Top Bottom