Need solution suggestion for TV+HDD

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Hi friends,

I've an android TV (using as dual monitor setup with my desktop) and 2 4TB external HDDs. Full of movies (AVI, MKV etc file format).

I want to connect these two HDDs with my TV in such a way that I can browse and watch movies from these two HDDs on demand.
And, the player should allow me to download subtitles if not present with original file.

Now, I've a WD media player which can support these two HDDs but has a dated UI without support of downloading subtitlles or option of installing any 3rd party app.

Is KODI on android a good solution for browsing such HDD files?
Would you recommend anything else?

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
Hi friends,

I've an android TV (using as dual monitor setup with my desktop) and 2 4TB external HDDs. Full of movies (AVI, MKV etc file format).

I want to connect these two HDDs with my TV in such a way that I can browse and watch movies from these two HDDs on demand.
And, the player should allow me to download subtitles if not present with original file.

Now, I've a WD media player which can support these two HDDs but has a dated UI without support of downloading subtitlles or option of installing any 3rd party app.

Is KODI on android a good solution for browsing such HDD files?
Would you recommend anything else?

Did u try VLC? Kodi is more like a skin, with some features like player.

OP
rhitwick

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Did u try VLC? Kodi is more like a skin, with some features like player.
I've used KODI in windows. It can download subtitles and can play almost all file types.

Have not used VLC like in ages. Not sure if it allows downloading subtitles.
I've trusted BS Player in this regard more (even in android mobile)

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
I've used KODI in windows. It can download subtitles and can play almost all file types.

Have not used VLC like in ages. Not sure if it allows downloading subtitles.
I've trusted BS Player in this regard more (even in android mobile)

Yes VLC supports that and on all platforms including TV.

Kodi may not be able to read hardisks. Esp. on Android TV if it requires some special drivers

OP
rhitwick

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Need alternate solution of connecting HDDs directly to TV.

What if TV does not support 8TB of external storage?
Anyone using HDDs of such large data connected to android TV?

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
Need alternate solution of connecting HDDs directly to TV.

What if TV does not support 8TB of external storage?
Anyone using HDDs of such large data connected to android TV?

I dont think as most android tvs limit out at 512GB. Although LG web OS does support 1TB of external storage, as i tried with it. What else you can do is make a smb share on PC or raspberry pi and use it Or you can store them to drive as private files and watch them as you need.

Did you try USB drive?

Top Bottom