Need RAM upgrade suggestion for my Lenovo Flex 2-14

sameermanas

Starting to learn!!
Hi,

I have a lenovo Flex 2 -14 (59- 429729) notebook. It came with a RAM of 4 GB. I upgraded to Windows 10 and I am planning to upgrade my RAM as well.
This notebook has two RAM slots of which only one is filled with a 4GB stick. I want to add another one in the other slot. Please suggest me if I should use another 4 GB or 8 GB stick and also what would be the best RAM freq to buy. The CPU is Intel C i5.

OP
sameermanas

sameermanas

Starting to learn!!
I am going to need a cpu Z and speccy screen shot.
Hi Mate,

I've attached the screens here:

cpuz 1.JPG

Speccy 1.JPG

Speccy 2.JPG

cpuz 2.JPG

$hadow

Geek in making
Alright so from where I can se you have a 800mhz ram which ain't very fast. Your options
1. Get one more 4 gb 800 mhz ram
2. Get one 1600 mhz 8 gb ram depending on your budget.
Deciding among these is your choice.

OP
sameermanas

sameermanas

Starting to learn!!
I wouldn't have a problem going for 1600 8 Gb one but will it support the board ?

I face a similar situation some time back when the 1333 ram i bought was only only detected to half its capacity by my desktop.

I am not sure where i can find out how much freq and limit ram i can use on this lappy.

vito scalleta

In the zone
Alright so from where I can se you have a 800mhz ram which ain't very fast. Your options
1. Get one more 4 gb 800 mhz ram
2. Get one 1600 mhz 8 gb ram depending on your budget.
Deciding among these is your choice.

it is not a 800mhz ram.. it is actually 1600mhz.. so he can go for a 4gb 1600mhz ram with a matched timings for a total of 8gb

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
Yeah... It is 1600 Mhz... DDR means Double Data Rate so 2x800 = 1600 Mhz... [MENTION=159164]$hadow[/MENTION] and [MENTION=126616]sameermanas[/MENTION]

Basics really!!! :p

MANOfJosh

QA Professional
I suppose you would need a 4GB DD3L RAM (1.35V), 204 pin, CAS 11 Latency to match with current RAM installed. This helps to run in Dual channel config at full speed (1600MHz).

Pick your brand but matching above specs.

Top Bottom