Need printing setup for a new small business

d3b

ALIEN_NiBuRu_11111000010
Hello guys. I'm starting a new DTP business. Now mostly I will be printing very cost effectively eg. in local market a simple text printing costs ₹5/ page. This is absurd and I want to be able to minimize the cost ₹1/2 (or even ₹0.5/₹0.6 per page(in bulk). I guess I need a printer (with low cost maintenance) which can print more than 30,000 copies or more per month.
Also I will be printing in colours. Now, I have absolutely no idea how to approach this idea. I am thinking of buying 3/4 computers with a very cost effective printer and maybe some inkjet printers too.
Also in the future I want to do flex printing also. Any idea (budget/configuration) in this matter will be greatly appreciated.

Also any idea of how much recommended space I will require for the whole setup will be really helpful. Feel free to add any more ideas if you might.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think you should visit a shop which has all of this setup.

A flex printing machine itself will cost ~4 lakhs.

Where are you located?

satinder

DELHIITE
Hello guys. I'm starting a new DTP business. Now mostly I will be printing very cost effectively eg. in local market a simple text printing costs ₹5/ page. This is absurd and I want to be able to minimize the cost ₹1/2 (or even ₹0.5/₹0.6 per page(in bulk). I guess I need a printer (with low cost maintenance) which can print more than 30,000 copies or more per month.
Also I will be printing in colours. Now, I have absolutely no idea how to approach this idea. I am thinking of buying 3/4 computers with a very cost effective printer and maybe some inkjet printers too.
Also in the future I want to do flex printing also. Any idea (budget/configuration) in this matter will be greatly appreciated.
Only inkjet Printers can give you such cost effective pages.
Cons:
But don't think it to be comparable to quality of printing with offset machines or Big Digital Colour Laser Printers.
These inkjet tank printers are slow enough.
Don't compare them with speed of Digital printers.
3. Paper should not be too thin and much ink soaking type.
Normal A4 size Photostat paper is useless for this purpose.
4. Ink tends to dry fast if not used regularly.

Try Canon / Epson printers with support of Tank type coloured ink for your goal.
Try to have easily maintainable inkjet printers.
Try bigger tanks printers which are available.
Big Tanks work good at less cost if use is like your mentioned need.

Get latest printers or try for the best supported printer that have good market support means you can find spares easily for long time.
For example:

Amazon.in: Buy Epson L220 Colour Ink Tank System Printer Online at Low Prices in India | Epson Reviews & Ratings
10 offers from 10,300.00
  • At just Rs.441 per bottle Epson genuine ink bottles let you enjoy high page yields of up to 4000 pages (black) at very low costs
  • Busy offices will appreciate the improved printing speeds of up to 27 ppm for draft B&W and up to 7 ipm for default B&W prints
  • Enjoy warranty coverage of one year or 15000 prints, whichever comes first for maximum value and freedom from maintenance
  • Print speed - Monochrome: 27 ppm, Colour: 7 ipm
  • Compatible cartridges - T6641, T6642, T6643, T6644
  • item does not have built-in WIFI router

Last edited:

Samarth 619

Modrator @ Xbhp Biking
You will require a medium sized hall/ room for flexprinting machine. It has low costs, and very cheap inks, so you can price them at Rs. 8-20/ feet of printing to customers, including the reflective flex sheet. But these inks are smelly, so keep that in mind, that you choose commercial, independent space with separate place for customers, and ensure that neighbor-shops don't complain.

Start with 1 computer is what I would suggest, unless you have assurance of huge business from day 1.

A lot of flex printing machine companies are on Facebook as well. Google them up, like them and understand their offered products...

Get a Epson workforce printer for your paper printing and copying needs upto A3 size. This will make for efficient printing, photo printing and photocopying and scanning and all...
Because, while the domestic-use Epson L220 is cheaper, it can only print, copy and scan in A4 size, and plus, it won't have huge reliability, ink head life, modern business features, etc...

Try getting a Epson WorkForce Pro WF-R8591, or if that proves too expensive, then its lower model in the workforce range itself....

Do try to combine other services like passport sized photography, internet odd jobs (exam forms print, enrollment, aadhar prints), etc to enhance your profits & services.

Wish you all the best.

Top Bottom