Need performance laptop buying advice - budget 60-70K

madcrazyboys

Right off the assembly line
1) What is your budget? (INR or USD)
60 - 75k

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?
Mainstream; 15" screen

3) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
a. Like: Samsung, Lenovo, Dell, ASUS
b. Dislike: HP, Toshiba

4) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?
Mainly development and very very occasional gaming on laptop as already have a gaming rig at home.
Would describe at work as, word processing, music playback, youtube playback, lots and lots of chrome tabs( or surfing whichever you want to call), Eclipse(for who dono - a tool for dev), and web server)
OR simply put a well

5) What screen resolution(s) & type (glossy/matte) would you prefer?
min HD+ , matte preferred still no problem with glossy as long as it has vivid display, gud brightness and least reflection possible.

6) Anything else you would like to say? (eg: local purchase, ASS,matte/glossy finish)
No problem where i buy.
Below are my major expectations and choices,

1) Battery life - for my normal use of youtube, music playback, word processing, 10-15 chrome tabs, would expect the battery life to be min 3+ hrs.
2) should be i7 quadcore - strictly no dual cores
3) not expecting much of a portability as long as it weighs around 3kg for i have already used with a laptop weighing 2.6 kg and yea 1 quarter of the time at office i ll be jugging around here n there with lap
4) heat generation. not much of an issue if its not gng to burn my lap even for normal usage and the heat dissipation is fast.
5) height/thickness no more than 35mm

And the choices I feel suits me have shortlisted,
1) Lenovo Y510p - 72k (frm a local dealer), 76 frm flipkart with offers
> couldnt find anything wrong with this machine and matches my criteria very well, except tht i am not interested for much laptop gaming and feels like it might be overkill.

2) Samsung NP550C S05IN - 60K frm flipkart
> also goes fine with my criteria.

bit confused over these and leaning towards samsung, for i can buy samsung for 60k and spend another 10k for 128gb 840pro ssd. whereas ssd for lenovo is possible only thru ultrabay and its not available in india yet.
And yea one more imp thing, though not top notch, expect the build quality to be sturdy and bit strong where lenovo always has its flag.

P.S. and yea, have gone thru many posts here already and already pm'd few persons regarding the same and broader information as the confusion is too much -_-

$hadow

Geek in making
Y510p is a qualifying your requirements so go for it. You can always add ssd without ultrabay.

Top Bottom